Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Have you heard the Spintech exhaust?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Have you heard the Spintech exhaust?
j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just had a Spintech catback put on with a Dr. Gas catted X and it sounds really nice. IMHO, it sounds much better than Flows. If you guys wanna hear it some time, let me know and we can meet up somewhere. Unfortunatly, I won't be at the meet tomorrow.

--------------------
[img]http://www.writebacksoon.net/pics/sig.jpg[/img]
Webmaster
http://www.1999gt.com

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man to bad you cant make it I would REALLY like to hear it but seeing that i will have the same set up but with out cats by the end of next week i guess i'll just wait and see for myself!!!! So whats your thoughts on it??? more power, better sound? on a 1-10 scale how happy are you? how much did you pay for the mufflers? Did you go with there street performace mufflers? I think that more people are starting to go with this set up cuz i have been talking around and there is only one other guy out in my area thats has the dr gas x pipe, but i hear more and more people talking about it.

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by j0k3r:
I just had a Spintech catback put on with a Dr. Gas catted X and it sounds really nice. IMHO, it sounds much better than Flows. If you guys wanna hear it some time, let me know and we can meet up somewhere. Unfortunatly, I won't be at the meet tomorrow.

Hey congrats man...... Welcome to the club ? How do you like it ? Did you get the loud mufflers or the quieter ones ?
I'm w/ you in that I think they sound better than flows as well.

--------------------
342 stroker, Windsor Sr. heads, Jay cam, TFS track heat

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
The TASM
CAFords OG
Member # 292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The TASM  Ford pictures for The TASM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone have sound files of the exhaust sound?

--------------------
1984 Cadillac Eldorado, vogue tires, 100 shot NOS

Posts: 558 | From: nineonesix | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The TASM:
Does anyone have sound files of the exhaust sound?

Email me and I will send you a copy of the sorry recording I did of my car. It was just me revving the car a couple times. I don't think the recording does it justice. I will soon have video of my car on a new club website. When its up and running I'll let you guys in here know.

--------------------

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've heard the Spintechs and they sound awesome!!
Nice low rumble at idle that goes to a mad wail ot Highere rpms! The guy who had then said they don't drone like Flowmasters.

I would like to see someone do before and after dyno pulls to see what difference there is in HP/TQ.

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, I got the street performance mufflers. I don't know how much of a power gain yet. I got gears done at the same and I am waiting 500 miles for the gear break-in before I do the dyno-tune. Then I am having a RACE chip put in and schedule some time with Byron. I really like it so far. As with any aftermarket setup there is a little drone, but flows are much worse. BTW, I was getting some gas at the 76 on the corner McLaughlin and Tully on Saturday night(maybe it was Friday). Someone with a sweet-ass sounding Red 96-98 Coupe drove by me and did a little rev. Is that anyone on here? If it was, what do you have?

--------------------
Webmaster

roseville5oh
¯
Member # 406

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for roseville5oh  Ford pictures for roseville5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well, I got the street performance mufflers. I don't know how much of a power gain yet. I got gears done at the same and I am waiting 500 miles for the gear break-in before I do the dyno-tune. Then I am having a RACE chip put in and schedule some time with Byron. I really like it so far. As with any aftermarket setup there is a little drone, but flows are much worse. BTW, I was getting some gas at the 76 on the corner McLaughlin and Tully on Saturday night(maybe it was Friday). Someone with a sweet-ass sounding Red 96-98 Coupe drove by me and did a little rev. Is that anyone on here? If it was, what do you have?

Jok3r - are you able to post a sound clip of your exhaust? I'm really intrigued by these Spintech's. I've heard they're badass. Also have heard good stuff about the Dr.Gas X's. Just want to get an idea of the sound difference.

--------------------
'91 blue/gray GT -SOLD :(
'03 DRZ-400S
'76 GMC Truck - building
'92 Chevy k2500 454

j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by roseville5oh:

Jok3r - are you able to post a sound clip of your exhaust? I'm really intrigued by these Spintech's. I've heard they're badass. Also have heard good stuff about the Dr.Gas X's. Just want to get an idea of the sound difference.

Sure thing. I will get a recording up for you tomorrow.

--------------------
Webmaster

roseville5oh
¯
Member # 406

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for roseville5oh  Ford pictures for roseville5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Sure thing. I will get a recording up for you tomorrow.

Rock on man, I appreciate that. I've been researching on their site. That's a sick looking muffler. Which series did you guys go with? I'm looking at the sportsman street and sportman street XL. Thanks again jok3r, can't wait to hear it.

Eric

--------------------
'91 blue/gray GT -SOLD :(
'03 DRZ-400S
'76 GMC Truck - building
'92 Chevy k2500 454

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

quote:
Originally posted by roseville5oh:

Rock on man, I appreciate that. I've been researching on their site. That's a sick looking muffler. Which series did you guys go with? I'm looking at the sportsman street and sportman street XL. Thanks again jok3r, can't wait to hear it.

Eric

I have the Sportsman Street XL's. Real nice sound in and out of the car..... With the X it has a different pitch from flows and dynomax..... Very little drone and believe me if they did they would be off the car already. I have had all the loud crap in my Fox body hardtops and when I got my rag, I decided right then that a extra-loud exhaust was out of the question.
If you want loud get the regular Sportsmans. They will satisfy you. If you want call up Ron over at Spintech he wil give you an idea which route to go. 909 360-2474
If you go to my club's site soon there will be a video or a sound file you can click to hear it.

--------------------

www.socalhorsepower.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com