Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Dan is the Man!!! (Punkina5.slow)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Dan is the Man!!! (Punkina5.slow)
greenfuelsafe
¯
Member # 756

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for greenfuelsafe  Ford pictures for greenfuelsafe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dan aka Punkina5.slow is the man. He fixed my car this weekend in about an hour. He was really cool and trouble shooted everything. Turns out my MAF sensor was bad. Dan hooked me up with a used one and now my car runs like it never has before. Just wanted to say thanks to Dan for taking time to fix my car and give me a hand. Anyone who needs some help on the side or can't figure things out, drop Dan a message! He's a cool guy who knows all kinds of sh**!! Thanks again Dan. Maybe time for the nitrous system next time. She breaks em loose in second now!! Hell yeah!! Talk to you later when I get back from overseas.

-Mike

greenfuelsafe
¯
Member # 756

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for greenfuelsafe  Ford pictures for greenfuelsafe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Worship] Dan
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool, glad it turned out to be the suspected MAF electronics. You probably just picked up 40 rwhp and it cost you a lot less than a dyno tune with a custom chip ($500 or so) to correct your bum MAF
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard they tried to get him to put a chip in it anyway?
I was also wondering why they didnt find this problem down there.

Or if it was suspected why greenfuelsafe didnt say anything to me?

Would have saved me alot of time

Dunno.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dan- I Guess you missed this post:

http://www.cafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000189

The whole ubb moves too fast these days for me to keep up with myself.

Mustang Ranch where he dyno'd knows carb'd stangs. They're not really EFI guru's.

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey what would the car do with the fucked up MAF. Also howdid you determin this problem Dan. I'm asking cause I suspect mine to be bad too. My car has a hard time holding a idle when its warmed up. When I put it in drive it will hold fine. The worst is when I'm cruising down the road at cold nights and it dies out of the blue,When I struggle to keep it running I can see the check engine light trying to come on they it still dies anyway?It will do the dying thing about once every 2 weeks,very inconsistent??? Please help me Dan the Man.

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have oil/dirt (I had a part of a leaf once) covering the MAF elements, more air will get into the engine than the MAF tells the comuter is coming in, thus you'll run lean. greenfuelsafe had a 20:1 air fuel ratio on the dyno so I knew something was up....really only a MAF could cause things to be THAT far out of wack with his setup.

For your setup, (that I know next to nothing about), I'd start at cleaning the IAB and making sure your TPS setting isn't too high (I like the 0.7volt to 0.8 volt range myself, don't do the 0.99934534534534volt magazine BS). Do you have a custom chip? Are you running big injectors? (42 or more)?

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: st5150 ]

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just have Sawson look at it 66 I dont have time.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
Just have Sawson look at it 66 I dont have time.

I don't even have my own garage...let alone do side jobs

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

should only take you 15 minutes to swap out a MAF and all you need is a flat head screw driver.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

66 I know nothing about your car and have never seen it.

If it is a conversion then take a look at the VSS

Make sure you have a good computer ground.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good point point about the VSS.
THE COUG
¯
Member # 743

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE COUG  Ford pictures for THE COUG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Joe at the mustang ranch is very knowlidgable on fuel injected cars. I have worked with him in the past but I don't know who you were working with down there. I have seen him get almost 600hp to the real wheels on mild combo's!!
Just my two cents!

--------------------
Racing on fly paper is for pussies

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pulling your codes is always a good first step.
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car pulls some codes but are mostly related to egr shit. I do have a custom chip and never noticed this problem till after. The chip raised my idel up to 1000rpm. The idel by pass was never opened up to compinsate for idle increase? Could that be a factor? All the grounds for thce processor are real good;checked with multi meter. The injectors are 36lb and the mass air meter is spotless? The computer pulled a map sensor code"barro metric presser sencor". could that couse any thing like this, the shuting off when driving? Thanks for your helping.

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

Stimson
_
Member # 51

A MAP is a fairly rare sensor to go back. If you have a spike of pressure in the intake (nitrous back fire?), you'll get that code and possibly damage the sensor, but thats about the only way those sensors fail. Clear the codes and scan them again after a few days and post EVERY code that pops up. I'll decode them for you.
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Hey Bro, I noticed my speedo does not work any more. Is that directly connected to the VSS huh? If the gear on the end of the speedo cable does not turn cause of a broken cable and the VSS gets fucked up,will see driveability problems like I am experiencing? Where is the MAP sencor? The MAP and Barro are two different sencors??? Thanks again Bro...

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Im gonna vote for MAP sensor or VSS

Try to swap either or show up on Sunday and Ill swap them for you.

Takes 2 seconds.

Unless your car is a bucket conversion job......which I DOUBT it is

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Hey now bro,That was un called for Na my conversion Is so so clean, you will see Sunday. Where is the MAP sencor; is it different than the BARRO on the firewall? Thanks

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Same sensor
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ok Thanks alot and if you would bring one to try a swap that would be grate.I dont think we will be able to change the VSS on the spot

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its just a single 11mm bolt for the VSS... Dan can crawl under there and swap it in no time
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

That would be nice of Dan But my car is slamed Bro,we can try though

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com