Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » LONG TUBE HEADER WICH ONE?????/

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: LONG TUBE HEADER WICH ONE?????/
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welll now that my motor is out Iam thinking of goin with long tube headers but not sure wich ones to get

Iam thinking mac but have not made up my mind
what do you guys use BBK, BASSANI, or MAC

also what about the mini X-PIPE,H-PIPE,or PRO CHAMBER from mac

thanks

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:
Welll now that my motor is out Iam thinking of goin with long tube headers but not sure wich ones to get

thanks

Check out
Dr gasthey have some cool $hit. I am about to get the x-pipe. I'll let you know how it is when I get it. Look at the pic's to the spin tech muffler looks kinda tripy.

[ February 18, 2002: Message edited by: ihatethesesns ]

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BBK LT headers are very nice. I was told to avoid anything that starts with the word MAC.

I used a BBK shorty H-pipe and the fit was marginal. I don't know who makes shorty X's.

IF Bassani has come out with LT's for 99+ GT 2v's I am sure they will be excellent quality. I used the Bassani gaskets with my BBK LT's and the gaskets are incredible!

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well If you are close to the Tri-Valley, there is a shop out here that can make you an X-pipe. Cost is like $100. He made me one, and I like it. If interested hit me up.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:

Check out
Dr gasthey have some cool $hit. I am about to get the x-pipe. I'll let you know how it is when I get it. Look at the pic's to the spin tech muffler looks kinda tripy.

[ February 18, 2002: Message edited by: ihatethesesns ]

Dr. Gas makes a shorty X pipe.... They make it to go with the long tube Mac's hat they also sell.
And the Spin Tech mufflers do look kinda crazy inside in comparison to all the others out there but when you pair them w/ the X pipe.... Man, they sound good. Call over there and ask for Ron he'll take good care of you. Tell him I sent ya. They did the system on my car and I love it.
www.spintechmufflers.com

--------------------
342 stroker, Windsor Sr. heads, Jay cam, TFS track heat

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best for your $ is BBK. The best I heard are the SHM 3inch, but a little pricey. Don't buy anything that say mac.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BBK LT's... w/ VRS X pipe... or Dr gas.. SHM step tube headers are the stuff! but yeah.. they are pricey... buy the BBK's

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the info
well if i sell my motor sport shorties and my bassani x-pipe with cats
iam goin with bbk
yea SHM are nice but god dammm there alot
i dont think they are worth the power

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MRBiggs:

Dr. Gas makes a shorty X pipe.... They make it to go with the long tube Mac's hat they also sell.
And the Spin Tech mufflers do look kinda crazy inside in comparison to all the others out there but when you pair them w/ the X pipe.... Man, they sound good. Call over there and ask for Ron he'll take good care of you. Tell him I sent ya. They did the system on my car and I love it.
www.spintechmufflers.com

what spintecn muffler did you go with and how much was it?

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:

www.spintechmufflers.com

how much did you pay for your x-pipe also are you runing there mufflers how much do they go for

what about performance are they good
did you see better HP with there muff's

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

I just talked to the one of the guys at spin tech and he said that he was just talking to a guy that was running a 12.1 and after he put the street performance mufflers on he ran a 11.9 He also said that I should see a better gain with them then the straight through style mufflers. Dont know how true it is but thats what the guy at spintech told me. I am about to buy those muffler so I guess I find out here in the next week or two. I think they were like $89.

--------------------

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

what spintecn muffler did you go with and how much was it?

I have the Sportsman XL's. Didn't cost me anything more than a few days w/o my car. I was a guinea pig for them.
I told them to use those because I didn't want a loud car anymore.
If you want loud get the Sportsmans.... They are like 3 inches shorter in length and I think about a half inch shorter in height.
I heard those on another prototype car (A red 2000 gt w/ no cats and side exit, its the car they use in the ads) they did while my car was with them and man it sounded good but that thing was too GD loud for me. Their prices are just about as much as the Flows. But if you can find a shop in your area that is a dealer they can make you a deal probably.

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

quote:

how much did you pay for your x-pipe also are you runing there mufflers how much do they go for

what about performance are they good
did you see better HP with there muff's

I didn't pay for the pipe... see my post above.

The performance is good. Considering you don't gain much from exhaust until you are way beyond my current power level I would say the gain is about average.
But you can feel a good pull from around 3500 now and the sound inside while under throttle sounds great to me. I imagine it will get better as I add more stuff and get the high flow cats....
As far as more hp, I don't know I never dyno'd my car before the exhaust or ran it at the track.

--------------------

www.socalhorsepower.com

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Hey biggs which H&R springs do you have? I have the stage 3 and love them. Have you ever had the sport lines? I see a lot of people running them but I would like to drive a car like mine with the sport lines. I wanna see if there is much of a difference.

[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: ihatethesesns ]

--------------------

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I just talked to the one of the guys at spin tech and he said that he was just talking to a guy that was running a 12.1 and after he put the street performance mufflers on he ran a 11.9 He also said that I should see a better gain with them then the straight through style mufflers. Dont know how true it is but thats what the guy at spintech told me. I am about to buy those muffler so I guess I find out here in the next week or two. I think they were like $89.

yeah but him going from a 12.1-11.9 could be a number of things and salesmen will tell u anything to get a sale

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:

yeah but him going from a 12.1-11.9 could be a number of things and salesmen will tell u anything to get a sale

go to the site and some other ones I have been reading a lot about these. I think that they have more then enough dealing with racing, that they have developed a good product. Yes I know that a sale man will tell you what you want to hear so I take it for what it is just hear say. I want to try something different I am sick of the flowmaster sound that just about everyone has. well I guess we'll have to wait and see how good it is. You'll be the first to hear it nate, when I get it done!

--------------------

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

quote:
Hey biggs which H&R springs do you have? I have the stage 3 and love them. Have you ever had the sport lines? I see a lot of people running them but I would like to drive a car like mine with the sport lines. I wanna see if there is much of a difference.

[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: ihatethesesns ]

Stage 3's I'm not familiar with those.
I have the H&R Race springs. If you go to Maximum Motorsports site you can see the specs on them. I love them ! I have friends w/ C springs and Eibachs and I think mine ride the best. They have Bilsteins with theirs and I still think their cars handle too softly. My car is still running crappy stock shocks and struts and it handles pretty well considering they are being beaten up badly by the springs. I have a deal working on some Edelbrocks that I'm expecting to get next month.

--------------------

www.socalhorsepower.com

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

quote:

go to the site and some other ones I have been reading a lot about these. I think that they have more then enough dealing with racing, that they have developed a good product. Yes I know that a sale man will tell you what you want to hear so I take it for what it is just hear say. I want to try something different I am sick of the flowmaster sound that just about everyone has. well I guess we'll have to wait and see how good it is. You'll be the first to hear it nate, when I get it done!

Hey man, did you speak to Ron ? He isn't a guy of many words but he is a pretty honest guy from what I know of him. Did you mention you spoke to me ?
And your car will have a slightly different tone to it than those with Flows. That was part of the reason I went with them too. I had Dynomax's and Flows on my last two cars and decided it was time for something new. That's the philosophy I'm following on this whole little project of mine.
I went w/ H&R's instead of what everyone else has (C springs, Eibach, Steeda), Edelbrock instead of Bilsteins, Spin Tech/Dr. Gas for exhaust, and when the time comes I plan to go turbo instead of S/C.

--------------------

www.socalhorsepower.com

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

quote:

Stage 3's I'm not familiar with those.
I have the H&R Race springs. If you go to Maximum Motorsports site you can see the specs on them. I love them ! I have friends w/ C springs and Eibachs and I think mine ride the best. They have Bilsteins with theirs and I still think their cars handle too softly. My car is still running crappy stock shocks and struts and it handles pretty well considering they are being beaten up badly by the springs. I have a deal working on some Edelbrocks that I'm expecting to get next month.

They have the different stages of performance 1-3. The stage 3 are the race springs. I know what you mean I still have the stock shocks as well I am gonna try to save up for some koni's. Well let me know how you like the set up when you get the edelbrocks.

--------------------

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

quote:

They have the different stages of performance 1-3. The stage 3 are the race springs. I know what you mean I still have the stock shocks as well I am gonna try to save up for some koni's. Well let me know how you like the set up when you get the edelbrocks.

I have my reasons for thinking the Edelbrocks and Bilsteins are of the same design. I'm not sure if they are actually made by Bilstein, but I compared specs over the phone with one of the sales guys and an engineer over at Maximum a couple weeks ago. They thought that the pistons specs were so close that the package would be an awesome street setup to go with my springs.
So I'm getting a set of the Edelbrocks from a guy down here that is selling them for just 100 bucks w/ less than a 1000 miles on them just to get them out of his garage. SCORE !! hahaha
I will let you know what I think of them.

--------------------

www.socalhorsepower.com

Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

thanks

If you need any more incentive to get the Long Tubes. I just got back from a dyno session at APEX and the results are as follows:

Mod s: Bassani X W/cats:

234 rwhp 268 rwtq

Mods: BBK LT's Shorty H W/cats, Underdrive pulleys:

255 rwhp 284 rwtq

The gains are across the entire rpm range. I gained 5HP and 10 ft/lb TQ all the way from 2500 rpm until there was a peak gain of 20 HP and 15 ft/lb TQ at 5000+ rpm. My only mods are in my sig.

Imagine the gains on a supercharged car!

[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: Bullitt208 ]

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com