Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Car shifts into Od at the track When trying to hold d!!! WHATS THE PROB (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Car shifts into Od at the track When trying to hold d!!! WHATS THE PROB
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The tranny is fine shifts good and the hole nine yards... Has a trans go shift kit in it... When i was at the track it would shift into OD around 5-5100 RPMS... This was killing my times... Cant figure it out!! is it time for a rebuild???

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
THE COUG
¯
Member # 743

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE COUG  Ford pictures for THE COUG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call and talk to Jim at walnut creek tranny 925 945 0510.

--------------------
Racing on fly paper is for pussies

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanx I will call to see what he thinks!!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by IKE:
The tranny is fine shifts good and the hole nine yards... Has a trans go shift kit in it... When i was at the track it would shift into OD around 5-5100 RPMS... This was killing my times... Cant figure it out!! is it time for a rebuild???

The newer mustangs shift into overdrive at about 80mph. What u need to do is get a custom computer chip to raise the shift points and I think they can take that govener thing off that makes it shift into fourth.

--------------------
Support our troops!

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

I thought AODE tranys did this not and AOD

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
An AOD-E car with more than 3.55's car will do this... I'm not even sure if its true with all years of AOD-E's.....with that said, you have regular AOD so its not your problem.

Is your car going into OD or is it slipping at the top of D? I know when my AOD tranny went, for a week or so I knew something wasn't right, but I wasn't sure if it was slipping until it got worse.

Drift-GT
¯
Member # 762

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drift-GT  Ford pictures for Drift-GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am not sure about the newer SN95 but on the 5.0’s you had to do the AOD shift trick. Start in first gear (or small dot on the bottom), shift into second (2nd dot up from the bottom) at your designated RPM. Once the car is positively in 2nd gear (make sure it changed gears and is not slipping) put the shifter back into 1st gear position (small dot on the bottom. This will not down shift the car into 1st only keep the transmission in second until you put it into the next gear (3rd). Doing this trick should keep it out of overdrive as well if I remember correctly. Again I am rusty on this trick and I did it a long time ago so I could be totally wrong.

--------------------
- 1965 GT “K” code Mustang, RIP
- 2002 Silver GT 5 speed
- 2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R

Posts: 552 | From: Freakmont, CA U.S. of A | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well in my 1991 i have 1st gear and then hold it there until i shift into drive, then it shifts into 3rd automatically and then i can keep it there in third as long as i want or i can shift into overdrive whenever for fourth gear but it doesnt do it automatically.
Just thought u would like to know
Good luck

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

I talked to transgo for a half and hour. The guy was very helpfull. The prob is that the valve body is not calibrated for the 373 gears. its calibrated for the factory gears that are in it.. So he is sending me some extra parts just in case i screw the old ones up trying to modify..

The prob is the 3/4 shift valve govener, its on the valve body itself. i need to drill the hole out to be 11/64 hole and I have to take off 30 thousandsths off of the spring in that valve to.

He said it is building to much press in there causing it to shift into OD. Buy doing this the press for the bypass will go down. resulting in letting D to hold out longer!!!!

Very good help!! He seems to know his shit!! And he said he gets these calls evry so often with the same prob. Its from increasing the horse power and dropping the gear ratio.... \

I cant argue with that!!!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So when is it going to be fixed?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

I have top wait till i get the directions in the mail!!!! So that way i know wich valve is wich...

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

MrEds97stang
Member # 818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrEds97stang  Ford pictures for MrEds97stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I also have a aode tranny in my 97stang and have the same problems. I have 4.10 gears and a 2500 stall and shift kit. In order to fix this you need to go and have a custom computer built so that it you can calibrate your speedo and be able to turn of your OD.

1997 GT
4.10's
2500stall
shift kit
K&N fipk kit
lowered
2.5 cowl hood
s351 wing
custom h pipe
14.69's @ 97.30

Posts: 6 | From: Stoockton/Manteca | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WAKE UP!!!
He has an AOD, not an AODE!!!! No computer control.......

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

OHH YEAAHHHH !!!!! Its fixed!!!! this saturday morning only took me a couple of hours. Drilling out the 3-4 shift valve worked now it will hold as long as I want it to!!!!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good Deal! Still want the video?

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

The transgo guys sent me the instructiond in the mail. They highlighted everything I needed to know to fix it!!!! HOW IS THAT HEAD INSTALATION/Intake comming along???????

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spdfreak LS1  Ford pictures for Spdfreak LS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have same problm so i have a superchip that i am getting burned to eliminate od. ps its only for the track.

stock 3.08= finished in the middle of third
4.10= half way into OD IT SUCKS!!!

[ March 02, 2002: Message edited by: 1SicgrnGT ]

--------------------
Juice times to come!!
http://www.thesiccrew.com/Kevin.html
http://www.geocities.com/kevtopgun/Z28.html
12.9 and 111mph traps on Street tires.
quote:
Originally posted by FireWhore:
..... nor do i care what any of u peeps think....or me for that matter....

Posts: 2202 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ike call me tomorrow. Lets go lineup and see how fast that thing is.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Actually there is ET Bracket racing at sac tomorrow starting at noon. I might go and do that. Let me know if you wanna go.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Let's see-
Just finished porting/cleaning-up a welded ex. port today so the head will go back to the machine shop Monday to get cut for Loc-wire gaskets. Also did a little more clean up on the Cobra intake. Both are ported to a 1262 intake gasket- they line up perfectly! Once the heads are finished I will bolt them on to Brian's spare block and check for pushrod length. Hopefully my 6.550's will work. If not, I wil order the correct length. Then it is thrash time. Picked up the new Co. car this week so it's time to have some fun with the '92! If you don't go to the track I would love to line up, as well. Let me know if you guys want to hook up. Can't make it to Sac but could slip away for an hour or so tomorow.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spdfreak LS1  Ford pictures for Spdfreak LS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey IKE i had a friend give me a tour of travis AfB one time and i saw a GT with ground effects and stuff on it. Was that yours?
Posts: 2202 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Might have been,,, Some racing at sac MIGHT BE INTERESTED!!! I DONT WORK TILL TUESDAY!!!
Hey jim!! Dont forget about those roller rockers I got my eye on them!!!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

IKE and Jim, You guys want to try to get together later this afternoon around 3. I have a fun little cruise we can go on.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill go for a ride in the hills

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Give me a call. I can't find your number.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com