Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel filter

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel filter
97cobra
¯
Member # 150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra  Ford pictures for 97cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to attempt to change my fuel filter (can't be to hard). Do I have to clear the lines first or anything like that before I take the old one out ??? any tips ???

James

--------------------
"Some people dream with success... while others wake up early and work hard to have it." Man do I ever want to go back to dreaming of it !!!

Posts: 116 | From: Fremont, ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How I always did it in my fox was let the fuel press. out at the schrader valve, then without letting your head dangling under the filter bust the plastic retaining tabs off, slide the lines off put the new filter in(remembering which way the fuel flows) and put the new plastic tabs on. Cycle key 3 times before firing.
Done...

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com