Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 2001 GT Intake Question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2001 GT Intake Question
armabu20
¯
Member # 860

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for armabu20  Ford pictures for armabu20    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I install C&L 80MM meter with the K&N filter and a larger throttle body, will I have to do anything to the computer? What kind gains can I expect? Will a plastic cold air kit be a better choice over the larger meter? I also plan to add an x pipe with cats. I already have Mac after cat exhaust.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 107 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went that route, and I maybe gained 5 rwhp out of the whole combo. I would do these:
3:73's or 4:10's
steeda pulleys
short throw shifter
high flow cats and cat back

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One more thing, go w/ Pro-M instead of C&L.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
armabu20
¯
Member # 860

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for armabu20  Ford pictures for armabu20    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks. What is the electrical unit that recalibrates the speedo called and who sells it? How does the 373 and 410 gear affect top speed and milage. I heard the 373 allows for awesome acceleration but with more shifts. What's the 410s like?
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would make the MAF and TB the last mods that you do. The stock MAF and TB are good to 400hp+ someone pipe in if I'm wrong. My car stock I was running consistant 14.3s. See sig for mods and new time. I have a Magnaflow X-pipe with highflow cats, Nitto 555R's and a densecharger system5(www.densecharger.com check it out) all going on this week. I'll have new times Saturday. There's another 01 GT that has 4.10s and an O/R H thats running 13.5s I think. Good Luck and Have Fun.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by armabu20:
Thanks. What is the electrical unit that recalibrates the speedo called and who sells it? How does the 373 and 410 gear affect top speed and milage. I heard the 373 allows for awesome acceleration but with more shifts. What's the 410s like?

There is an abbot box, ask TRY2PAZ about that one, and then Dallas Mustangs sells one as well. You will here everyone say, "Don't fear the gear and get 4.10s" As you can see, JUSTIN ran a 13.5 with an off-road pipe and 4.10s.

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: 2000BlackGT ]

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by armabu20:

If you auto cross, No more than 3:73's. I can put in an abbot box in 10 minutes. Let me know when your ready. Glad you like the board.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
armabu20
¯
Member # 860

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
I would make the MAF and TB the last mods that you do. The stock MAF and TB are good to 400hp+ someone pipe in if I'm wrong. My car stock I was running consistant 14.3s. See sig for mods and new time. I have a Magnaflow X-pipe with highflow cats, Nitto 555R's and a densecharger system5(www.densecharger.com check it out) all going on this week. I'll have new times Saturday. There's another 01 GT that has 4.10s and an O/R H thats running 13.5s I think. Good Luck and Have Fun.

Thanks for the info. Please let us know what your news times are.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com