Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Backfire in intake?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Backfire in intake?
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im new to this forum so whats up?
well i had a question for you all i just put on bbk shorty headers and off-road h pipe. after i did these mods i started to hear backfire. iv had a few of my friends listen to it and they think it is coming from my intake wich i think it may be coming from as well. just wondering if anybody else has had this probeblem and if any of you might know a way to fix it cause it is pissin me off

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Backfire in the intake usually means lean...You say you just put on an offroad h? When mine, and many of my friends put thiers on we had backfire problems...but it was without question through the exaust. You might want to double check the source of the backfire. By the way..welcome to the forum.

Jack

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I second that notion: Intake-Lean, Exhaust-Rich. You MAY be hearing the sound in the engine compartment running up the smog tube. Investigate and reply...

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91blackgt:
im new to this forum so whats up?
well i had a question for you all i just put on bbk shorty headers and off-road h pipe. after i did these mods i started to hear backfire. iv had a few of my friends listen to it and they think it is coming from my intake wich i think it may be coming from as well. just wondering if anybody else has had this probeblem and if any of you might know a way to fix it cause it is pissin me off

Yo what up Brian this is Jared, you finally came on hear and asked huh. I told you my boys here on 98cobra would have some answers for you. Well anyways i guess i'll talk to you later. Let me know if you need help diagnosing the problem and i'll come give you a hand.
Later man.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When is it poping? First few minutes after you start it up? Low RPM's? High RPM's? With the car in or out of gear?

I'd also check what others have recomended here as well.

While you're at it, you should pull the codes from your computer and see what you get.

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only time it has been poping is when i am leting out my clutch and it doesnt happen like every time but it does it at least 1 or 2 times i drive it.
hey jared haha ya this site is sick seem like tight guys on here. talk to you tomarow at school.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I mostly had the problem when I was running my car hard at high rpms. When I would let of to shit....BAM!!!!! Very loud, very noticable through the pipes. T-top terror is a friend of mind and knows his shit. What he said about hearing the sound through the smog tube makes since. We really need more info..but we are all happy to help. Again...Welcome to the site.

Jack

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com