Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » I have vacum at idle to my egr !!!! This could be a prob???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I have vacum at idle to my egr !!!! This could be a prob???
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this normal, I was told that this is not. What would cause this?????

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It could be mis-routed vacuum lines or a bad/stuck EGR soleniod (just forgot the 3 letter acronym for it). The Soleniod looks like a film canister and is on the passenger strut tower facing the firewall.

Try unplugging your EGR line, sticking a screw in the line to block it off and see if drivability improves and/or some of your EEC codes go away.

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will do!!! thanx I will try this before I go to work in the morning!!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Hey does anyone know where I can get a diagram or something on line so i can see how or where my vacum lines are suppose to be routed???

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by IKE:
Hey does anyone know where I can get a diagram or something on line so i can see how or where my vacum lines are suppose to be routed???

chiltons

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
driveability improved greatly after putting a screw in the vac line. I even unpluged the soleinoid and it still has vacum.. So now im led to beleive now that the solenoid is bad. that it is not closing.. What do you guys think?????

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad to see we're getting somewhere!

Either the soleniod is bad or you have an electrical problem providing current to it full time.

Reset the computer and pull the codes again and see what codes you get now.

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

No codes showing, I blocked the EGR line and unplugged the selinoid. I guess im going to buy a new selinoid its 70.00 BUT I WILL HAVE TO SUCK IT UP AND GET IT.... If this is not the prob does anyone know what tells that sensor to kick on and off?????? I ordered the sensor and it will be here thursday at the earlest!!!
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Its the EEC that controls that sensor. $70? Ouch. I would have looked at the junk yards for one. A 302 Thunderbird or Lincoln could have the same sensor.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com