Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » I NEED A GENIOUS!!! Codes HELP!!! 33, 41, 66, 91, 95 WTF??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I NEED A GENIOUS!!! Codes HELP!!! 33, 41, 66, 91, 95 WTF??
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the Ford fuel injection and electronic Engine control Book!!

I know what the codes stand for But where in the hell do I even start . I see one thing leads to another in this situation.

33= EGR valve opening not detected
41= No HEgo system rich right O2 sensor
66= Mafor Vaf circuit below minimum voltage
91= No Hego system rich right O2 sensor
95= Fuel Pump secondary circuit failure

Where do i even start on this one???

I have changed alot of the egr stuff so I know it is working properly!!!

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
66 is your first thing!!! That is your MAF. That throws everything out of wack. It is one code that code scanner book says replace immediatly. Borrow somebody's sensor disconect battery clear the codes let it run for 5 min. + and re-check.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know any one out here with a same year car as mine so Im either going to have to buy one new or. Im going to have to go to the junk yard....

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What year and motor type do you have??? There is a way to test the sensor but you need a Digital Storage Oscilloscope (DSO). How many connections do you have in the parts area? Any friends who are mechanics that have this thing? I have "hot wire type" testing instructions if you need them.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
step 1. let the car sit, check the codes again. 66 could be stored and not current. Check the MAF voltage at idle and at say, 2500 rpms. needs to withing range (check Chiltons).

rich/lean/etc. check for vacuum leaks, and wiring harness grounds. Have you done anything to the car recently? double check any changes you have made.

pull a plug or two and see if it confirms rich/lean condition. As a last resort, consider swapping O2 sensors if yours have a lot of mileage.

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

I have brand new O2 sensors.. I have went over the engine very carefully for vacum leaks. I even changed lines that looked old. I checked the wiring harness to the sensor it is good now im checking the sensor itself....

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

1988 Gt Ho, Aod 132,000 on dial
Transgo shift kit
373's gears
B/M Hammer shifter
K/N Conical
B-cam
MSD billet distributor
Caspers throttle responce calibrator
C/L 76mm calibrated #19 injectors
300t ignition
FMS wires
BBK underdrive pulleys
BBk offroad h pipe
BBK equal length headers
2 chamber flomasters
Energy suspension motor/tranny mount
Ac Delete kit
3core radiator autozone special
160 thermostat
180 G Alt
Gt fog light fix

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

the plugs look good no signs of them being rich.. As in them being black. They look normal!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
unplug the negative battery terminal for a minute or two, grab the codes again.

did you recently replace:

MAF
fuel pump

?? Also, when was the last time you cleaned the IAB? (carb cleaner works)

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

I cleaned the Iab it opens and closes freely no sticking.... I will un do the negative and rerun the car again to see if it simmulates!!!! I will let you guys know what happens...IKE

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I didn't know any better, it looks like you where working on the car and did something to make the motor die.

The fuel pump code is BS, ignore it.

Your EGR is either stuck shut or there is a problem getting vacuum to it.

Here are the 'important' codes that affect idle, drivability and power:

MAF- Either is bad (kinda rare) or you did something that killed the motor while it was idling. Unplug the battery for a few seconds and run the codes again, see if it comes back ASAP.

O2 sensor codes.... it looks like they're not pluged in..... or maybe you got the wrong ones? They are grounded to the back of the drivers side head. Follow the braided steel strap and see where it bolts in. In the same bolt there should be another wire that grounds the O2's.

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

I have vacum to the egr i pull the tube and there is air so its not that!! I reset the computer to see what happens??? Im kind of wondering now if those are the right O2 sensors i just bought them and installed them about 3 months ago. I had this problem previously to that. so I know its not the O2 sensors. I will check this wiring that you are talking about. I will see if I can find out where they ground is connected at....

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well at idle the EGR is closed so when you pull its vacuum line there should be NO vacuum to it. The EGR only opens durring steady cruise or durring the engine running EEC test. To see if the EGR is getting vacuum, run the engine running test with your finger over the EGR vacuum line. Half way through the test you sould feel suction from the line as the EEC tests the EGR. If you don't feel the suction, then your problem is down stream.

I have a feeling all your codes are due to one problem. MAF, O2's, EGR. It shouldn't be hard to find another 5.O and swap MAF's for a few minutes to help trouble shoot.

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Hey there is vacum at idle what would cause this !! know Im getting somewhere!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

I have vacum at idle!!! Could not type last post pardon me...

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

JUSTIN
¯
Member # 586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUSTIN  Ford pictures for JUSTIN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

--------------------
JUSTIN selling everything and buying a viper!

Posts: 310 | From: UNION CITY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
sshir16
Member # 824

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sshir16  Ford pictures for sshir16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com