Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » WTB: Maximum Motorsports Parts!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB: Maximum Motorsports Parts!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know this is a long shot on cafords, but I'm looking for the following parts for a 98 cobra. Let me know if you have some or all for sale [patriot]

1. Bumpsteer kit, 1994-04 Mustang, bolt-through style - P/N: MMTR-3

2. Steering Shaft Assembly, Power Steering Rack, 1994-04 Mustang - P/N: MMST-14

3. Steering Rack Bushings, Solid, 1979-04 Mustang with MM K-member - P/N: MMST-6

4. MM K-member for Mustang, 1996-2004 - PN: MMKM-2

5. Non-offset Front Control Arms, 1994-04 Mustang, Urethane - P/N: MMFCA-7

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

BUMP

--------------------

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stop being a cheap ass and just give M&M a call !
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
stop being a cheap ass and just give M&M a call !

I'm not being cheap, just being wise [Razz] I'll probably end up getting the small parts new from MM but I'd prefer to pay less for a used K-member and A-arms.

TTT

--------------------

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sack up and get Agent 47's SLA front end. Who needs $4k anyway? [Wink]
Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
kbernal1016
¯
Member # 11247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbernal1016  Ford pictures for kbernal1016    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go on corral.net, there are vendors on there that can get you MM parts shipped for less than MM lists...

--------------------
corral.net, svtperformance.com - kbernal1016
norcalsvtoa.com - meangreen95

Posts: 122 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2011  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Straightliner...I'd love to get an SLA setup but $4k?!?! Not anytime soon... [Embarrassed]

And yes, I frequent svtp an corral but their vendors' prices aren't "that" great. I'm in no rush so I'd rather wait for a deal. [patriot]

--------------------

kbernal1016
¯
Member # 11247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbernal1016  Ford pictures for kbernal1016    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with not that "great".

I have some rear LCA's for sale, the XD ones, fixed spring perch with sway bar mount; $250 if you're interested.
And FRPP uppers (12k miles on them) for $80.

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by kbernal1016:
I agree with not that "great".

I have some rear LCA's for sale, the XD ones, fixed spring perch with sway bar mount; $250 if you're interested.
And FRPP uppers (12k miles on them) for $80.

Thanks, but I already have MM adjustable LCA's and I'm running a phb/TA setup so I've eliminated the uppers already [patriot]

--------------------

kbernal1016
¯
Member # 11247

Sweet! I was going to do the ta/phb setup this fall but I ended up deciding on going IRS instead.

--------------------

jegg
¯
Member # 9910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jegg  Ford pictures for jegg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sydeway...

Hows the PHB/TA setup? I have the same setup but after the install I noticed a loud clunk over bumps. The shop who did the install said that my rear end needed to be rebuilt and that my bearings were shot but the noise wasnt there before the install.

Also, do you notice a creaking sound during when accelerating from a dead stop?

kbernal1016
¯
Member # 11247

Any and all NVH issues before the ta/phb swap will become extremely apparent after the switch to a ta/phb. The torque arm transmits significantly more vibrations and sounds to the chassis, and it is transmitted right beneath the seats.

Where you may have not heard or fealt it before, you will certainly feel it and hear it now. Sounds like rear end bearing play to me...

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

As kbernal stated, noise and vibration gets worse with the phb/TA setup, assuming you had pre-existing noise before the install. You've elimintated a lot of your soft joints and replaced them with solid joints, making the noise and vibration more apparent. I don't have anything clunking, but I do have a faint vibration at highway speed that sounds like it's coming from my rearend. It's not bad, but I did notice it once I got my phb/TA installed.

That being said, I love the traction and control that my rearend has now! I have it mated with mm lca's full length SFC's, and coilovers all around. Now I need to get more grip up front which is why I'm looking for the parts listed above.

TTT [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com