Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » Feeler: 93 4 cyl hatch with black interior

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Feeler: 93 4 cyl hatch with black interior
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just changed out the engine on my daughters and its now making top end noise. I'm going to make one last attempt to fix it and if that doesn't work its going away. I have a feeling its the oil pump and I don't have time to change it.
White 93 LX hatch, 4 cyl auto car with original black interior. The body is fair, couple small dents on the pass quarter wheel flair, hood has a dent and the bumper cover has a gouge out of it on the driver corner. The interior is clean, factory black with manual windows and locks. It also has chrome Pony wheels but the chrome is crappy. Overall the car is in decent shape, just the engine noise that's pissing me off. My daughter just started collage today so she needs a car ASAP so I might be selling this to fund another beater daily driver to get her to school and back. If your interested make an offer.

-

-

-

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does the noise effect driveability?a/c?price? asusming you wont smog
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It has A/C but a relay is out so it won't always kick on. The noise doesn't effect driving the car but I think it has low oil pressure causing the noise so it could hurt the motor. I have a feeling its the oil pump or pickup that's causing the problem so its not major to fix, she needs a daily driver to and from school so I want to get her a Honda or something like that. It will smog, the exhaust has been changed and it has new cats, new plugs, new wires, new air filter, new timing belt and a new water pump. The trans was rebuilt recently too. If I find the time I'm going to drop the pan and fix it, then its up to her if she wants to keep it or get something else.

--------------------

Abandon him.

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
It has A/C but a relay is out so it won't always kick on. The noise doesn't effect driving the car but I think it has low oil pressure causing the noise so it could hurt the motor. I have a feeling its the oil pump or pickup that's causing the problem so its not major to fix, she needs a daily driver to and from school so I want to get her a Honda or something like that. It will smog, the exhaust has been changed and it has new cats, new plugs, new wires, new air filter, new timing belt and a new water pump. The trans was rebuilt recently too. If I find the time I'm going to drop the pan and fix it, then its up to her if she wants to keep it or get something else.

got a 92 accord lx 111xxx miles lmk if u want to work sumthin out, partial trade or sumthin
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by 1FAST89GT:
]got a 92 accord lx 111xxx miles lmk if u want to work sumthin out, partial trade or sumthin

What are you thinking in the way of partial trade? Is the car an auto or stick? I'm actually pulling the oil pan tomorrow and swapping in a new Melling oil pump. The pressure came back and it was running fine this afternoon so I think its just something stuck in the oil pickup but I'm doing the pump while I'm at it. She might still be interested
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Car is now fixed, oil pickup was plugged with old valve cover gasket. Brand new pump and pickup, car runs perfect. May be interested in a trade for a commuter car.

--------------------

Abandon him.

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
price
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Let me kick it around and get you a price. She needs a solid, reliable commuter and I don't have any cash right now to spend on one. Actually, this is now a great driver but I'm afraid of her leaving it parked at the college all day.

--------------------

Abandon him.

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1992 accord auto a/c just put new front tires, new radiator tom then a smog lmk
FSTRDNU
SVO's and XR4Ti's
Member # 12

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FSTRDNU  Ford pictures for FSTRDNU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have two of these 2.3L, the convertable was a magazine feature car, and also worry about them getting jacked.
Anybody who knows anything about Mustangs should be able to tell with the exhaust and interior that its not a 5.0L before they jack it but you may want to get some of those 2.3L badges to distinguish it as something they do not to even want to bother with.

[ September 02, 2009, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: FSTRDNU ]

--------------------
Drifting is to motorsports like rap is to music. Sure, people do it. But only the stupid people.

Posts: 479 | From: Bay Area CA USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com