Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 1990 Ford Mustang LX, 5.0/5-SPD, 105,000 Original Miles w/ CarFax (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 1990 Ford Mustang LX, 5.0/5-SPD, 105,000 Original Miles w/ CarFax
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue03:
To Casey90GT, great looking car. Thank you for taking the time to post up additional pictures.

Absolutely...I am really excited over all the interest there has been in this car. Now all I need are some offers. [Roll Eyes]

[ July 23, 2009, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Posts: 1064 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue03:
Relax man, i'm didn't want this to turn this into a pissing match. Honestly, I used the KBB reference for multiple reasons

1) The ad was written as if it were for someone who knows nothing about cars. Mustang enthusiasts searching for this particular car know what the car is and don't need the embellished description.
In most cases, they only care about the straight facts and the condition of the car.
2) The car market in CA is insanely saturated with 5.0 mustangs, and the economy is not exactly conducive to consumers purchasing 20 year old gas guzzlers.
3) I am very interested in purchasing another mustang, and as a potential buyer, i wanted to see the seller's reaction to my post.

To Casey90GT, great looking car. Thank you for taking the time to post up additional pictures.

Well as long as you know I can piss farther we're in good terms [Big Grin]

I'm relaxed lol just pointing out some observations I made.

Even though the CA market is "saturated" is 5.0's show me how many are in good condition. I can pull at least five right now from just the LOCAL CL and they will be 3k for fucked up stangs man. If you want something clean you have to pay for it..... [patriot]

btw- Casey did someone go at the dash pad with a scotch brite pad or is it the angle that picture was taken?

[ July 23, 2009, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
btw- Casey did someone go at the dash pad with a scotch brite pad or is it the angle that picture was taken?

Bad Angle I guess, or bad camera...it's smooth as can be. I just wiped down everything in the interior with a damp rag before I took the pics. I don't like to use Armor-All, because it has a way of drying things out if you don't keep it up. I bet it would really shine up if I used some though. I didn't shampoo the carpets or seats either, which I imagine would take the interior to a whole new level...just a good vacuuming here, and lots of Windex on the glass.

[ July 24, 2009, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

btt...edited CL ad.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

ttt

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Somebody wants this car!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterSpeeder  Ford pictures for 5LiterSpeeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No offence against Casey, but I wanted to buy this car when it was originaly for sale from another board member for ~$2900 and i couldn't because i didn't have the cash at the time. I can't see how the car could go up in value $2000+ dollars thru a detail...IT IS A VERY CLEAN FOX..... But come on....

--------------------
93'Ex 4cyl Notch TFS H/C/I 3.55s 4 wheel Cobra brakes, V2-SQ, 14 psi
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

Posts: 561 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt for clean car [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

quote:
Originally posted by 5LiterSpeeder:
No offence against Casey, but I wanted to buy this car when it was originaly for sale from another board member for ~$2900 and i couldn't because i didn't have the cash at the time. I can't see how the car could go up in value $2000+ dollars thru a detail...IT IS A VERY CLEAN FOX..... But come on....

First thanks for trying to come on here and discredit my post...that's always really nice when people do that shit!

Second, you don't know what hell you're talking about anyway, so please!

I don't know what kind of deal you had worked out with Steve, but he was asking $4000obo for this car with a ton of stuff wrong with it, and without a smog certificate, and I am asking $5200obo, after putting well over $1200 in parts, and more than 30 hours of my labor into it. Seeing as how the last shop I worked for booked my time at $85/hr, I think my $1200 increase in asking price is a pretty fair deal, and like Steve was, I am also willing to bargain, hence the "obo".

My $2,000 "detail" included a new headlight kit (old ones were yellowed), new belt moldings (old ones were cracked), new mirrors (old ones were broken), a new door handle on the passenger's side door (old one was missing), new rear hatch struts (old ones were blown), a new flowmaster mandrel bent catback system (stock system had a massive exhaust leak), a new k&n air filter, new subframe connectors, new cd player with 4 new speakers (stock speakers were blown), new sun visors (old ones were torn), new interior door handle bezels (old ones were cracked), new floormats (car didn't have any), new hatch/cargo area carpet (old one was destroyed), I re-painted all of the trim (it was faded), and I cleaned the hell out of the entire car (entire interior was covered in dog hair and pine needles).

Also, this doesn't take into consideration the fact that when I got the car it wouldn't pass smog, so I had to replace the TFI module and the Hall Effect "PIP" Sensor in the distributor.

Then, on top of all that the A/C didn't work, so I charged the system and fixed the compressor (it was frozen).

Now, despite the fact that I have adequately defended myself, undoubtedly people are going to be less likely to buy this car now. Anytime you have to outline everything that you fixed on a car, it gets people all wigged out that there may be more wrong hiding just below the surface.

I can assure you however, that everything that was wrong with this car was fixed within the first month or so, and I have driven it 5,000 miles since then without a glitch. Like I said in the ad, I'll hop in the car tomorrow and drive it to LA and back without a worry.

For what it's worth, Steve is my neighbor, and we've been friends for almost 20 years. He bought the car from the original owner, and I got it from him a couple weeks later. The paper work went from the original owner to me, so I am the second owner of record. Steve did a tune up on the car and a quick buff-out on the exterior. The only reason that the car had the issues it did was because the original owner had quit driving it, and we all know that when cars sit, things start getting messed up.

[ July 30, 2009, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

I should also add that I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought this car from Steve. He was completely up front with me about everything that the car needed, and he is a top-notch seller, and a very honest guy.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

I should also note that I replaced the fan clutch, the serpentine belt, the coil cover, and replaced the factory mini-spare with a light-weight GT model aluminum mini-spare.

There is one other thing I did to this car that makes it look WAY better, but nobody can ever pinpoint what that is...1" billet wheel spacers on the rear wheels. Fox's always have the stock rear wheels set in on the back for some reason, which looks lame! This car has the wheel wells stuffed, thanks to these spacers. I could show you before and after pics, but it's a striking difference.

Finally, I will have the driver's side seat frame replaced in a couple of days, which is just one more detail that takes this car from the realm of the nice, pretty clean foxbody that Steve was selling, to the pristine, super clean car that I am looking to get just a little bit more money for.

[ July 30, 2009, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel50:
car is nice but do you really gotta put cleanest fox on the planet

I said "one" of the cleanest...not "the" cleanest.

[Big Grin]

I was gonna say your shit was clean, but when i read this I was thinkin, damn that thing is beat lol ima dick
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

btt...lots of looky loos...no serious offers!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Sale Pending!!!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

89'LXNOTCH
¯
Member # 8810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89'LXNOTCH  Ford pictures for 89'LXNOTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice LX Hatch Casey! The price aint that bad, at least ur not asking $20,000 cause u got a new clutch!!! LOL! Sum people crack me up. [Eek!]
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

For all the haters, and post jackers...this car is sold!!! Took within' $500 of my asking price too.

Economy Schnonomy!!!

Thanks CA Fords!!!

[ August 23, 2009, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
For all the haters, and post jackers...this car is sold!!! Took within' $500 of my asking price too.

Economy Schnonomy!!!

Thanks CA Fords!!!

if i had the money i would have paid the asking price. was a good looking car! congrats on the sale.

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com