Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » delete

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: delete
06Xrunner
¯
Member # 6992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06Xrunner  Ford pictures for 06Xrunner  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ July 20, 2009, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: 06Xrunner ]

--------------------
01 Black GT 526WHP sold
2012 5.0 GT 625WHP sold
1984 Buick G/N Built and boosting...

Posts: 2124 | From: Chico, Ca | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just fyi, Its a lot harder to get it off junk title than that.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

06Xrunner
¯
Member # 6992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06Xrunner  Ford pictures for 06Xrunner  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
Just fyi, Its a lot harder to get it off junk title than that.

No its not, I've done it plenty of times.

--------------------
01 Black GT 526WHP sold
2012 5.0 GT 625WHP sold

06Xrunner
¯
Member # 6992

Pictures added.

--------------------
01 Black GT 526WHP sold
2012 5.0 GT 625WHP sold

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the car is considered salvage you can get a brake and light and register it, if it is considered a junk title its a lot harder than that like i said.

[ July 19, 2009, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: 86- 50 ]

--------------------

TEAM PLATINUM

06Xrunner
¯
Member # 6992

quote:
If the car is considered salvage you can get a brake and light and register it, if it is considered a junk title its a lot harder than that like i said.

When vehicles are totaled they get junk titles, when you complete the brake & lamp inspection, vin verification, and re-register it the vehicle is issued a Salvaged title. I would appreciate if you kept your comments off of here, obviously you are not interested in purchasing the vehicle and are misinformed about this process. I have done this process with several cars before and know what I am talking about, you are just confusing who ever reads this thread and giving incorrect information.

--------------------
01 Black GT 526WHP sold
2012 5.0 GT 625WHP sold

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

When cars are totalled, The insurance either salvage titles it, or JUNK title it meaning that they don't even want someone trying to fix it, I buy cars from copart so i know what i'm talking about, They'll give you a salvage title which you can brake and light it, or a junk title meaning its bascally good for parts. You are the confused one.

--------------------

TEAM PLATINUM

06Xrunner
¯
Member # 6992

quote:
When cars are totalled, The insurance either salvage titles it, or JUNK title it meaning that they don't even want someone trying to fix it, I buy cars from copart so i know what i'm talking about, They'll give you a salvage title which you can brake and light it, or a junk title meaning its bascally good for parts. You are the confused one.

If you would have read the thread you would have seen that this was not involved in an accident or anything of the sort, the owner surrendered the title to the DMV. I did not ask for your opinion in this thread, nor did I want it so keep your comments out of my thread, plain and simple! Obviously you go out of your way to try and prevent people from selling their items, not sure why but it sure seems to happen a lot on here! AS I stated before keep your opinions on my items for sale to yourself unless you are trying to in some way help, obviously you are not.

So if you know so much about Junk titles then why is it that under California law both Salvage titles and Junk title's require the same type of inspections? A salvaged title vehicle is only an option when the vehicle has been marked a total loss by an insurance company or has been owned by a salvage yard. If you own the vehicle outright and the title is surrendered to the DMV the only option is a "Junk" title.

As the DMV states,

8.010 Revived Junk (VC §11519)
Revived junk vehicles are registered by the original make and year model of the
dismantled vehicle. Fees are based on the buyer’s purchase price.
Registration Requirements—The requirements are:
•An Application for Title or Registration (REG 343).
—The cost must include labor costs, even if provided or done by the applicant.
—The driver license or identification card number (DL/ID#) for each owner must
be shown. If an out-of-state DL/ID# is shown, print the state of issuance in the
upper right corner on the face of the application.
•A vehicle verification. Previously junked vehicles (California or nonresident) must
be inspected by an authorized DMV employee or referred to the California
Highway Patrol (CHP) for inspection.
•The Report of Sale—Used Vehicle (REG 51).
•The “junk” receipt or dismantler’s bill of sale and any other bills of sale required
to establish a complete chain of ownership to the current buyer.
•Official Brake and Light Adjustment Certificates. If an official brake and light
station that inspects specific vehicles, such as motorcycles and large commercial
vehicles, is not located within a reasonable distance, submit a Statement of Facts
(REG 256) from a repair shop attesting that the brakes and lights are in proper
working order. Brake and Light Certificates are not required for a trailer under
3,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.
•A weight certificate, if a commercial vehicle. Refer to Section 9.025 for Weight
Certificate Exceptions.
•Odometer mileage disclosure, if appropriate.
•A smog certification, if appropriate.
•Fees. (All revived junk vehicles are subject to the Revived Junk/Salvage Inspection
Fee shown in the Fees Appendix, Appendix 1F.)

--------------------
01 Black GT 526WHP sold
2012 5.0 GT 625WHP sold

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Good luck on your sale, and good luck to whoever buys it registering it [patriot] , not trying to hate in no way just trying to help fellow members out [Cool]

--------------------

TEAM PLATINUM

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com