Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » FS: ***SOLD**** ModMax 4V cams for 96~2001 Cobras **CAM SPECS*

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: FS: ***SOLD**** ModMax 4V cams for 96~2001 Cobras **CAM SPECS*
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have about 10k miles on them and they are the smog legal 4V Mod Max cams which are cooper coated I believe and are designed for N/A builds for up to 9K RPM's.

I have the reciept for them at $1600 dollars..

Pick them up in San Jose for $400 for all 4.

My 01 Cobra did 337RWHP, 292 RWTQ with them and borla catback. Stock airbox and all else stock.

I did call Fox Lake racing and they found my order and said they were MOD MAX Naturally ASpirated Cams # 370-25202

Per Mod Max SPECS:

460,475 lift
224-224 duration @ 50 thousands
Bullit Camshafts cooper coated for 9k RPM

Thanks,
Jose

-

-

-

[ July 27, 2009, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Bigchelis ]

Posts: 161 | From: San Jose,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
part # please

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am at work right now, but when I get home I will try and post pictures of the cams, receipt, and part number.

I purchased these via Fox Lake Racing; a retailer for Mod Max.

[ July 16, 2009, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Bigchelis ]

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok thanks

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SlowStang
¯
Member # 4915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStang  Ford pictures for SlowStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
still waiting for part numbers
blk01snake
¯
Member # 8848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blk01snake  Ford pictures for blk01snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
seriously where are the parts numbers and the pics ?
Posts: 164 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

quote:
Originally posted by blk01snake:
seriously where are the parts numbers and the pics ?

Pictures and specs are added.
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Hi all,

When I purchased these my goal was to have my otherwise stock cobra be a daily driver and stand up to any emissions test. My 01 Cobra was fitted with a borla cat-back and did 290RWHP and 292RWHP... Yes, I dynod it with just a stock catback and air silencer.

I then put the Cams and it did 337RWHP and 290RWTQ, the torque went down by 2, but the HP increased dramatically. My goal was to document the HP and TQ as I put bolt-on, but my axles kept breaking.

Anyhow,
When my Mechanic installed these cams we re-used all the components (spring ect...) from the stock cams because these are mild at best. I later purchased Powerheads custom re-grinds, which required aftermarket valve spring kit, but not these.

Call ModMax with any questions, but I will try and get the cam specs for you. In the meantime I am sure they know more than me.

Thank you,
bigchelis

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com