Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » Heater Core Replacements Available (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Heater Core Replacements Available
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He did mine in no time flat. Kool kat. Will probably have him do my droptop in the near future. Thanks [worship]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

ttt

--------------------

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello, do you remove my hole heater box or cut my housing, thanks.

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by modular:

A, it depends if you have working A/C and want to keep it that way

B, please stay out of my threads. I would not do work for you regardless of how much you paid.

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by modular:

cut the housing? [Eek!] [Confused]

[ April 11, 2007, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

If you have working A/C I have to remove/unbolt the entire box as usual but the box only comes out about 6-8 inches BECAUSE IT'S STILL HOOKED UP TO THE A/C EQUIP IN THE ENGINE BAY. At that point I have to get a 2x4 and set it between the box and under the windshield to have it as far down as possible. from there you unbolt the two bolts on the front heater core cover and take a hand dremel and cut it along the inner most part. With the bolts removed it lifts up and you can pull the heater core through. when you have it removed I take the dremel with a sanding tool and make sure to smooth UP any edges. then bolt the 4 or so inches of the cover back down and add a stip of electical tape and reapply everything.

It actually makes it a PITA because you have to unbolt the flaps from the drier and bend them forward in the engne bay to access the second set of bolts that are at the firewall.

Edit: so you don't cut the housing, just a triangle off of the cover that surrounds the top of the heater core.

[ April 11, 2007, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sound like a whole bunch of work. For the little you charge I think you have the market cornered on these.

[ April 12, 2007, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Dag302 ]

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
If you have working A/C I have to remove/unbolt the entire box as usual but the box only comes out about 6-8 inches BECAUSE IT'S STILL HOOKED UP TO THE A/C EQUIP IN THE ENGINE BAY. At that point I have to get a 2x4 and set it between the box and under the windshield to have it as far down as possible. from there you unbolt the two bolts on the front heater core cover and take a hand dremel and cut it along the inner most part. With the bolts removed it lifts up and you can pull the heater core through. when you have it removed I take the dremel with a sanding tool and make sure to smooth UP any edges. then bolt the 4 or so inches of the cover back down and add a stip of electical tape and reapply everything.

It actually makes it a PITA because you have to unbolt the flaps from the drier and bend them forward in the engne bay to access the second set of bolts that are at the firewall.

Edit: so you don't cut the housing, just a triangle off of the cover that surrounds the top of the heater core.

Edit: so you don't cut the housing, just a triangle off of the cover that surrounds the top of the heater core. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah, ummmm, that would be the housing. You call it "top cover" EVERYONE else calls it the housing. LMAO poor dudes got the rides hacked up. Ive read every manual Ford ever produced and it never included a dremmel.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

TTT

--------------------

rickm347
¯
Member # 5323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickm347  Ford pictures for rickm347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone else smell that??? Smells like a HATER to me!!! This guy is tryin to make some dollas on the side doing a punk ass job no1 else wants to do and not charging that much either. If the man says PLEASE stay out of my threads, that means stay the F**K out of his threads. pm me if you wanna speak on it son!!!

TTT --rick

modular
¯
Member # 6599

So I guess you want me to reply to his thread since you didnt PM me first, Coward.
Dont call me son youre the coward that thinks acting like a tuff guy on an internet bord makes you look tuff.

If you need friends that bad im sorry, I beat friends away with stickks and Ill beat you with my fists, SON.

Can we go to streetracing with this?

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Putter/Modular, STAY OUT OF MY THREADS, PERIOD.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt - for Don wanting to do this. I just did another one yesterday and I hate doing it. And i did it without cutting, should have read this post first [patriot]

Fair Price + Nasty Job = [worship]

[ April 18, 2007, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Its a 2hr job when you cut the box, who wouldnt take $100 an hr.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Not that I have to defend myself, but everyone that's sat and actually watched me do this knows it's NO WHERE near a 2 hour job. 4 hours on average. By having the AC intact it takes longer because I have to still remove the box, dash etc, but instead of just unbolting the 3 bolts for the cover, the rear bolt on the cover can not be contacted (because you can't pull the box far enough forward BECAUSE THE A/C IS STILL HOOKED UP IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT), so you have to cut the front half, lift the remaining cover and squeeze the core out/in with limited room.

Goodbye Putter/Modular

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com