Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 87-93 wide body/ flared front fenders

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 87-93 wide body/ flared front fenders
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just had a 93 cobra r brake kit put in and now front tires have little too no room anyone know the easiest solution..I don't think the good ol baseball bat trick is going to cut it this time

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didnt 93 Cobra R's have SN 95 brakes? Unless you using 96 or later spindles you shouldnt have any problems. What size wheels are you running on the front and how low is the car?

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
9in 245 45 17's same its lowered pretty low the spindles came in the cobra r brake kit from jegs my tires fit just barely before, now they rub even more often

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where exactly are you rubbing?

are you using 94-95 spindles or 96-04 spindles?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

94-95...its rubbing on the fenders but even if i completely roll the fender i still dont think it will fit without rubbing

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey i moved it to the tech section

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, I was running 245-45-17's on a 9" wide wheel with the complete 95 GT brakes and had no problems. My car was lowered with Steeda springs about 1 1/2"s

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dpracingdan  Ford pictures for dpracingdan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its probably an offset issue. You probably need a 24 offset, and are running either a 20-22mm offset. I had to flare my fenders, and Griggs showed me a couple of cool tricks. The cheapest easiest one is to make your own struts connecting the fender the the frame section. I made mine from 3/8ths steel tubing and a threaded rod (which you put nuts on to expand the strut). You just flatten the ends in a vice, bend them, and use a couple of small nuts and bolts to connect them to the bumer/fender and frame. wish i had pictures of it. ALso you should push in on the lower section of the fender closest to the door. This will allow more of the fender to be pulled outward.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what rims do you have and what is the backspacing/offset

That's the piece of the puzzle we are missing

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

im not sure of the offset.. sorry [Confused]

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com