Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » Anyone got an older t-5? 83-85

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone got an older t-5? 83-85
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking for an older model t-5.I think 83 1/2 to 85 from a v-8 car.PM.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check p/m's.

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any particular reason you're specificaly needing just those years? They are all the same as far as bolting up and application.Just the internals got better as the years progressed.
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
Any particular reason you're specificaly needing just those years? They are all the same as far as bolting up and application.Just the internals got better as the years progressed.

The gear ratio's didnt change after the 85's? I have an 85 T5 in my 88 and the gearing is a lot lower than the brand new world class I had in there that blew up.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Copied from 4-eyed pride

The '83-'84 Mustang/Capri V8 T-5 has a 2.95:1 first gear ratio and is a "standard duty" transmission. The Ford Part number on the tag is either E3ZR-7003-A or E4ZR-7003-DA. The E3 version has a 0.725 fifth gear ratio and the E4 version has a 0.675 fifth gear ratio. The advertised torque capacities were the same.

The '85+ Mustang/Capri V8 T-5 has a 3.35:1 first gear ratio and is a "heavy duty" transmission, aka "World Class". The Ford Part number on the tag is E5ZR-7003-FA, E6ZR-7003-FA or FB, E9ZR-7003-A, F0ZR-7003-AA, or F2ZR-7003-AA. The E5 and E6 versions had 1.93:1 and 1.29:1 second and third gear ratios respectively and an advertised torque capacity of 265. The E9 through F2 versions had 1.99:1 and 1.33:1 second and third gear ratios respectively and an advertised torque capacity of 300.

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here are all the specs of the transmissions.The 83-84 Model was at one point listed but is not now for some reason.The 83-84 Model used the 3:35 ratio as well.A 2:95 is found in most Aftermarket and True World Class Transmissions

-

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
Originally posted by The Camaro Z-28 Kid:
quote:

Copied from 4-eyed pride

The '83-'84 Mustang/Capri V8 T-5 has a 2.95:1 first gear ratio and is a "standard duty" transmission.

Im not sure what source you used to get this info but Im sorry to tell you that it is INCORRECT.The only T-5 tranmissions that used the 2:95 First gear was the aftermarket/motorsport units.So to answer the above asked question,YES they are all the same as far as application and gearing.They just got "stronger" in some models and as the years progressed.
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
quote:
quote:

Copied from 4-eyed pride

The '83-'84 Mustang/Capri V8 T-5 has a 2.95:1 first gear ratio and is a "standard duty" transmission.

Im not sure what source you used to get this info but Im sorry to tell you that it is INCORRECT.The only T-5 tranmissions that used the 2:95 First gear was the aftermarket/motorsport units.So to answer the above asked question,YES they are all the same as far as application and gearing.They just got "stronger" in some models and as the years progressed.
can you even logged onto 4-eyes pride!? [Razz]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Copied from 4-eyed pride

can you even logged onto 4-eyes pride!? [Razz]
Ahhh thats explains why you were misinformed.As far as logging in no.I tried once a few years back to register and never got my confirmation email,therefore I never tried again.Im more into the local boards!

UPDATE

Ern yes I can post there [Razz] .I was bored and signed up.Realizing my confirmation email had gone to my spam section,Im sure thats why I never received it back in the day.Anyhow clicked that email and was in like flynn [Big Grin]

[ December 01, 2006, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAssMaro ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com