Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » Tremec for sale

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tremec for sale
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well im going to do a c4 in my 86 and im looking to sell my complete setup.

Its a 3550 that was just rebuilt with all new bearings and anything else that was remotely warn....HAs a couple of new blocker rings all new bearings seals,all the rollers in the gear clusters.

comes with a pro 5.0 shifter a 1500mile old center force clutch bell housing.
the trans has less then 300 miles on the rebuild.

1500.obo

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very interested. Where are the parts located and when are you available to meet?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im in fresno and the trans will be out this weekend....

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good luck on the 6hr drive

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, never mind.

Do you have DATED receipts showing how old the trans is>?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

i have dated reciepts on the parts from last month,the tranny was built by a buddy who builds my race tranny and many other trannys....Its very obvious the trans is fresh....or come drive the car while its still in it.....I actually have some new stuff that got double ordered left over from tremec.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

bump

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

clewis1600
¯
Member # 6286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for clewis1600  Ford pictures for clewis1600    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey whats up with that transmisson my name is Rob my #510-706-4393
clewis1600
¯
Member # 6286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for clewis1600  Ford pictures for clewis1600    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey whats up with that transmisson my name is Rob my #510-706-4393
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

what would you like to know?its in the car right now if people wanted to test drive it first....I can take pics of it in the car and show its clean from the rebuild and i have reciepts for the parts from tremec,350 bucks worth and i got the parts at cost threw my brothers company would cost the joe blow like 500 bucks...Clutch is a dual friction center force and its like 1500 miles old max,tranny has 300 to 400 on it right now.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

bump

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

bump,i cant believe someone doesnt have a blown up t5 that wants to upgrade.Im doing the swap because im putting in a c4.the tranny shifts and is like new.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90lxfoxbody:
bump,i cant believe someone doesnt have a blown up t5 that wants to upgrade.Im doing the swap because im putting in a c4.the tranny shifts and is like new.

I think its more how far you are than anything else. I was interested until I looked up how far fresno is.
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

i can meet half way...it will be out in a week or so.....c4 is almost done.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90lxfoxbody:

yeah man that drive is kinda far and lets say i was going to do a tremec swap i would still need a bell housing and a driveshaft yoke before i could even consider it in my car!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

to the above poster...I will give you everything.The tail yoke is the same as a t5 and i will give you the bell housing and turned flywheel.

You can use a stock driveline on this trany.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

bump

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com