Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » GALLOP AROUND THE BAY (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: GALLOP AROUND THE BAY
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1nastycobra:
i say we meet up at the IN N OUT in fremont off auto mall and go 84 east through niles canyon to livermore..then we could stop at the IN N OUT in livermore off n. 1st livermore to let everyone gather back up..from there we could head out on 580 west back towards dublin, hit up 680 north and finish at the auto museum right there in danville..what do you guys think?

That is a much better route & its not a freeway drive
[patriot]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Wings65288
¯
Member # 5901

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wings65288  Ford pictures for Wings65288  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a good time, count me in as long as its a sunday.

P.S. Can we meet somewhere else besides alameda? That whole cop thing scares me

--------------------
2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra 1/4: 11.90 @ 117.22

Posts: 140 | From: Santa Rosa, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to all for all the confusion that I have caused. OK here is what's going on with the development of the cruise.

We need to pick a day (preferably 1st or 8th of June)
Start time is 9:00 am

I have driven by a route, we have two choices here. We can start from Alameda's ferry point (1722 Ferry Pt), from the Webster Tube, we will follow 880 North to the Bay Bridge.

Or we can Start from San Francisco’s ATT Park, there is a plenty of space for us and we can get easily to the 280 Highway.

After we pass the bay bridge or start from ATT park we will take 280 South slowly for people to catch up and take 1 South for the scenic route.

Or if preferred we can keep it on the 280 South.

We then will take 92 East until it meets 280 South keeping it on 280 South which I think has better views than 101 and also gives our Stangs a chance to stretch their legs.

We can take 280 until it becomes 680 North and stop at the Automall Parkway and have lunch.
From there we will take 680 North until we get to Danville to go to the “The Blackhawk auto museum”.

Or you can decide for the route that has been posted from 1nasty cobra:
Originally posted by 1nastycobra:
i say we meet up at the IN N OUT in fremont off auto mall and go 84 east through niles canyon to livermore..then we could stop at the IN N OUT in livermore off n. 1st livermore to let everyone gather back up..from there we could head out on 580 west back towards dublin, hit up 680 north and finish at the auto museum right there in danville..what do you guys think?

I believe it’s time for a decision. Let me know as a group and I will make this happen with your help. Also remember that you can write to me at jhmustangride@gmail.com

Can’t wait!!!!

[ May 15, 2008, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: JOEFOX87 ]

Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Starting up at at&t park sounds good and then taking 280 to 1 ... [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he he, droptop I take it you don't like Highway 1?!?!

Check out the edit on my post

shorty75
Member # 8384

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shorty75  Ford pictures for shorty75  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AT&T sounds good to me

--------------------
Green Stang!

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dnt really care as long as we start in frisco my car is fresh out the body shop and its ready to hit the streets

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think starting in frisco is the best idea and i think taking highway 1 and then 280 will be best since the highway is pavied pretty nice 101 is very uneven and filled with pot holes. what 1nasty cobra put isnt a bad idea but i think starting in SF cant be beat. [Cool]

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 05 FSTBK  Ford pictures for 05 FSTBK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Being the organizer for the official Gallop Around the Bay cruise, I must insist that the name of this cruise be changed. All references to "the Gallop" or "Gallop Around the Bay" is an infringement on another organized event.

Please change the name of this thread and the name of this cruise.

Deryn Fredette
Galloparoundbay@hotmail.com

please email me if you have any questions.

[ May 17, 2008, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: 05 FSTBK ]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 05 FSTBK:
Being the organizer for the official Gallop Around the Bay cruise, I must insist that the name of this cruise be changed. All references to "the Gallop" or "Gallop Around the Bay" is an infringement on another organized event.

Deryn Fredette

I was thinking it should be changed too, since its not the official gallop. I must ask though, why isnt it happening this year???

--------------------

05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 05 FSTBK  Ford pictures for 05 FSTBK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
Originally posted by 05 FSTBK:

Deryn Fredette

I was thinking it should be changed too, since its not the official gallop. I must ask though, why isnt it happening this year???
Please see the following thread:

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001116

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

To all fellow Mustangers:

I have no intention of having any infringiment issues or fights of any kind within our community. It has been asked to change the name and I ask for a new name for this cruise.

You can post your ideas here and I will make a new post for our cruise. Remember that you all want it and I know that we can make it happen.

Let's do our own cruise and I want to thank 05FSTBK for bringin this to our attention.

05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

quote:
Originally posted by JOEFOX87:
To all fellow Mustangers:

I have no intention of having any infringiment issues or fights of any kind within our community. It has been asked to change the name and I ask for a new name for this cruise.

You can post your ideas here and I will make a new post for our cruise. Remember that you all want it and I know that we can make it happen.

Let's do our own cruise and I want to thank 05FSTBK for bringin this to our attention.

Thank you
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok just a suggestion here. How about naming it the "2008 Bay Area Stampede"! Just a thought.
If I'm not working I'm down and I'm bringing a few cobras with me too.

I would really love to go thru the City if that's cool. Probably more towards the Fisherman's Wharf area and take Highway 1 from there. Hey we all have nice cars right so why not show it off! Thanks!

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Good name Hyperider! I have to ask you guys cause I can only come out with corny stuff like "out of the barn and into the bay" [Big Grin]

Hmm, I might just use that one.

big dogg
¯
Member # 8032

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for big dogg  Ford pictures for big dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well when is the cruise? what day and when ,? let the people know, the more the merry,more people you meet more we get to know one another [BS flag]
05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperider:
"2008 Bay Area Stampede"!

I like it.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperider:
Ok just a suggestion here. How about naming it the "2008 Bay Area Stampede"! Just a thought.
Thanks!

I think we have a winner
[Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad you guys like it. Just thought the other cruise is Gallop so I thought Mustangs why not stampede. Can't say bay area race you know people might take it literally.
We'll be waiting for the final dates and route. [patriot]

--------------------
04 Cobra

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Everybody move to our 2008 Bay Area Stampede thread http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001119

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com