Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » GALLOP AROUND THE BAY (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: GALLOP AROUND THE BAY
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IS THIS EVENT HAPPNING THIS YEAR JUST WONDERING HAVENT SEEN OR HEARD ANY THING ON THE SUBJECT

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was also wondering that myself

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it was posted on another forum that it is not happening this year

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well that sucks I have a pair of clean ass 90s that I wanted to run

--------------------

BOSS 32V
¯
Member # 8125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOSS 32V  Ford pictures for BOSS 32V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Somebody is gotta organize this this year!

--------------------
'93 Cobra terminated 2.3 whipple competion orange.

Terminator Intimidator
Featured in MM&FF Dec. '10
#8 Top 10 best mustangs of 2010
Sold.

Posts: 348 | From: Hayward, Ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can we organize something like this ourselves or do we have an event director or coordinator. We definately need another cruise around the bay area before summer!!!!
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

IS THIER A FOX BODY CLUB IN STOCKTON I AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO CRUISE WITH

--------------------

ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have some peeps here in sac that im sure would be down. when and where?

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put in a motion for us to start this event with the good blessing of the members of this forum. That would be kick ass since I don't hear about many cruises in the NorCal area. Let the Socal boys and girls come up and breathe the good air for a change. [Big Grin]
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

We should start to get ideas to get this going. What about 2 to 3 weeks from now? I read the last gallop and looked good.

Here's what I got from a search:

We will be leaving approxiametly at 11:00-11:30
The start point for this year's Gallop is on Ferry Pt on Alameda N.A.S.
1722 Ferry Pt Alameda, CA 94501-7591 (for Map questing purposes)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/05FTSBK/Admin/AlamedaN.jpg

I chose this place for three reasons:
1)It's a beutiful setting
2)It's realatively easy to get to the freeway
3)We'll go through a long tunnel to get to the freeway

From there we'll go north on 880 towards San Francisco
Through the toll plaza. I'm thinking if we all stay in the 2 or 3 right lanes (even if you have fast track) it'll be best.

Down 101 to the 1st Dumbarton Bridge exit
We'll stop on the Frontage road for about 15 minutes for every one to bunch back up.

Across the Dumbarton Bridge 3 across and as many deep as we can.
South on 880 to Auto Mall Parkway. We'll stop here for lunch for about an hour. The location will have many fast food eateries.

From there we'll take Mission Blvd through the canyon up to Sunol to meet back up to 680.

From there up 680 to Danville for our Final meeting spot: "The BlackHawk Auto Museum" Admission will only be $5 per person. They will set aside parking for our club and provide 4 tour guides.

Last years event was an amazing sight to see and be a part of.
I will be preselling t-shirt for $15. I'll need payment by April 15th so that I can afford to order them. The shirts will be available for pick up at the Gallop.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/05FTSBK/Admin/2gallopfront.jpghttp://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/05FTSBK/Admin/2gallopback.jpg

If anyone has those little radio's it'll make travelling so much easier.

As I get updates on exit names and times I will keep everyone posted on the first thread

I ask all to contribute your ideas so we could get this up and running.

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Hey members, if you want to make this happen, I wouldn't mind heading it. Just want to get ideas and make this a cruise that people will enjoy doing. So let me know
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds fun...I would be down to roll 4 sure. Actually alot of sac peeps will be down...Thanks 4 putting this in motion [patriot]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
me and a bunch of my friends had a blast last year.. i know we're all definitely down for this year. somebody put this together!

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
NastyFastNotch
¯
Member # 8230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NastyFastNotch  Ford pictures for NastyFastNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it happens im in plus a few
Posts: 550 | From: The Island City Alameda | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

I AM DOWN FOR SHURE IT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD GROUP IS ALREADY INTRESTED I WILL BE ROLING IN THE AUTO B/C I AM DOING AN H/C/I SWAPP ON MY 90 5SPD

--------------------

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

All members, remember that we should put this together for us and others to enjoy. Send your ideas as for routes you would like to see or maybe keep the same route to honor last years' ride. I have set up this e-mail for all of you to send ideas to me: jhmustangride@gmail.com

You all are welcome to send me e-mail. I will answer all of your questions and will look at your ideas.

I am also asking if someone can come up with a good online poster for the cruise, such as the one in the " Stang up the bay cruise". Here is the link :http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001099

What you all think about a t-shirt? What design?
I need help from a good artist to start this.

What is a good date?

Remember, I would like to see this started from members to be enjoyed by members.

LET IT BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im in.....

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

OH YES!!! send me e-mail also that you are attending and how many other cars and people. Also list your clubs so that they can get recognition.
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would be so down!!!! [burnout] plus i know i would bring at least a few others.

i like the route that has been detailed i say do not try and reinvent the wheel and stick to what has worked in the past.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds good to me! Let's just get the exact date and time and i'm all ready to go.

--------------------
97 Cobra Convertible

Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Thank you all for keeping this thread alive!!

OK, we will keep the same route as last year. I still need people who can design the digital poster and shirt design if interested.

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Fobra R should be up and running next week. I'll be in for sure. Lock up a date and time.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 7519

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for NIGHTMARE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm down and would be bringing a few others. I like the route joefox87 mapped out last years was too short.
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never been but sounds like fun. I'm in + a few others...

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm down with this cruise, I agree that last year's was way too short.

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
82 GT-5.0, 5spd, IRS *SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD
82 Mercury Capri 5.0 *SOLD

Posts: 855 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com