Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Gallop around the bay . . . (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Gallop around the bay . . .
05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 05 FSTBK  Ford pictures for 05 FSTBK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've found a new company to order t-shirts from.
I'll be offering
Adult
Small
Medium
Large
X-Large
XXX-Large

Let Me know which sizes you want. (I know someone wanted Med's)

Price still $10

ohboy2001GT
¯
Member # 2218

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohboy2001GT  Ford pictures for ohboy2001GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe i will come too. My backyard an all [Razz]
droptp50
¯
Member # 5546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptp50  Ford pictures for droptp50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats weak it should be a everyone cruise besides i think mine looks better then the 05s

--------------------
91 gt vert - sold
89 lx hatch

05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 05 FSTBK  Ford pictures for 05 FSTBK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ohboy2001gt, Thanks for joining the ALL mustang cruise.

droptp50, we'd love to have you. Please read the entire thread. I opened it to all mustangs about a month ago.

05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

I have over 50 Mustangs of all years coming on the 1st Annual Gallop Around the Bay.

The only thing that I can ask for...is more Mustangs. I see on average 6 mustangs ever morning on the way to work. From all years. Spread the word to those that don't vistit the forums. Tell them when and where.

Gallop Around the Bay
--All Mustang Cruise--
Flyer at bottom of post
Park & Ride (sort of)
So, the directions are
Take the Ashby exit in Berkeley.
Turn right and the first stop light 7th Street (unmarked). There's an Ashby Lumber, 76 station and a West Marine store.
Turn right on to Folger Ave and then an
immediate left on to Hollis St (the road naturally curves that way)
One block to 67th Street.
Take a left

You'll see me BLack '05 GT and a banner.

The planned route is to meet at the Park & Ride in Berkeley 67th Street @ noon.
....At 1:00 we’d begin by getting
.......on I-80 west across the bay bridge then
.......on 101 down the peninsula then
.......on I-84 across the Dumbarton Bridge and then
.......on 880 back to the Berkeley

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell, if im back in ca by then maybe Ill come too [Razz]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ooopss

[ April 18, 2005, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for 05 FSTBK  Ford pictures for 05 FSTBK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
hell, if im back in ca by then maybe Ill come too [Razz]

Hurry home, you've got less than a month
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in. Thanks for opening it up to all years. Sounds like this should be fun. Sure some good pics and alotta head-turning will come from this. Cya then, lookin' forward to meetin' you guys.

[ April 30, 2005, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

T-shirts are in.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=20429&st=0&p=360604&

Available at the ride $10 while supplies last.

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell yeah, ill take my '65!the '05's daddy!

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this still a go?

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

NORCALSTANGS
¯
Member # 3706

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NORCALSTANGS  Ford pictures for NORCALSTANGS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you would think you might want to cruise by the
APEX CAR SHOW.

--------------------
2014 gt stick ghig
2005 gt auto blue

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

I'm going to Apex's shindig until noon, then headin' to Berkely to cruise(gallop)the bay, I'll suggest it, we should be down that way around 2-230 ish if everything is on shhheduuuule based on the planned route. THink Apex goes til 4(?). That'd be cool if that could work out. Not my gig though, but I'll let em know.

[ May 13, 2005, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

I'll See everyone tomorrow.

Looks like it's going to be a great turn-out.

Over 70+ mustangs have said they'd come.

I'd had already established and advertised the start/stop time/location about a month before Mike contacted me about the APEX event. We couldn't work out a compromise. I hope his event goes well. I wouldn't to take away from his Grand Opening.

I look forward to see you all there.

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

[patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

50PrNcEsSGT
¯
Member # 2308

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50PrNcEsSGT  Ford pictures for 50PrNcEsSGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had a good time wouldve worked out better if we started with everyone instead of just ending but guess next year lol [patriot]

--------------------
BUILD A BRIDGE ...AND GET OVER IT!!!!!!

Mfracing
¯
Member # 4034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mfracing  Ford pictures for Mfracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
[patriot]

[burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
302hp/361tq
12.6e/t@105mph
Amazon Tuning Solutions
Mel and Son's Mufflers
Super Six Motorsports
Mizzi's Automotive
Main Machine

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Darren, great job on putting it together , and to all the others who were on the cruz today, thanx for a good time. Met alot of cool people and saw many bad ass stangs. We looked sik drivin' in that big ass line. I must admit, there were some pretty nice '05's there...meanest ones I've seen on the road [patriot] ...I think the best was when we "took over" the Dumbarton Bridge...3 lanes of Stangs about 10-15 deep [Eek!] [Eek!] ...all obeying the speed limit [Razz] Let's see some of those pictures and vids people, there was nuff of em. Look forward to the next one. [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

GALLOP AROUND THE BAY
May 14th, 2005

I had a blast. I hope everyone that came had as much fun as I did. I’ve never been to any type of car show, not to mention put on an event such as this, I believe it was a great success, thanks to all who participated.

I showed up to Berkeley a little late (first day opening of Marine World). When I came around the corner to turn on to 67th street, I was blown away. There were already about 25 mustangs all in a row, and it wasn’t even noon yet.

After I got the banner all set up and the t-shirts pulled out of the trunk I walked down to see everyone else’s mustangs. There were a lot of ‘05’s. One beautiful 64 and an awesome 71 Mach 1. And many, many more.

Before we got going I counted 37 mustangs.

Yes, the take off was a little rough. Lesson learned for next time.

As we got onto 80 Rick & Lauren (red ‘04 cobra) called to say they were by the Coliseum and agreed to meet the heard at the toll plaza. After a little mix up with which direction to go on to 80 everyone finally started heading south on 101. Another note in the “next time” column.

We decided to stop before getting to the Dumbarton Bridge to give everyone a chance to bunch back up. An awesome (but dangerous) chance for a photo-op, With 17 ‘Stangs filling the roadside between lights.

Who knew there were two exits for the bridge? 

I want to go on record that I only sped up on the Dumbarton Bridge to get around the slow moving Toyota. Kind of scary doing 80+ with 3 ‘stangs abreast and having a Cobra pass us as if we were sitting at the previous stoplight. But finally letting the ponies run was great. At which time it became a serious “Gallop Across the Bay”.

I was very impressed by the unspoken etiquette that seemed to be instinct throughout the heard. I was told once that if you blow it, you won’t be invited back. It was great to see a group this big manage to obey most of the traffic laws.

The gathering at the In-N-Out in Union City was fun. Thanks Jim (05 red fire GT) for pointing out such a great spot. What was it 3 or 4, rogue mustangs that caught wind of the heard and stopped to see what was going on?

Thank you everyone for coming especially those that had quite a drive just to get to Berkeley. The Mendozas from Elk Grove ( 05 red fire GT. ((05 GLPR)), the Beltramis from Ukiah (05 silver satin) and Ernie from Modesto (05 WV/B).

So, how does May 13th, 2006 look on everyone’s calendar for Gallop Around the Bay II?

Deryn Fredette
Derynf
05 FSTBK

1GT2NV
¯
Member # 5691

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 1GT2NV  Ford pictures for 1GT2NV    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Deryn: Fantastic job [patriot] I know it was your first but things can only get better the tee shirts were great perfect for the heard [great idea]Met alot of nice people and saw a bunch of bad ass stangs. I agree with RixSik the best part was when we took over Dumbarton Bridge it was almost like we were in a movie. Anyways I just wanted to thank you and hope to do it again maybe something in the Napa Valley with a BBQ at the end so we don't have to wait a year to get together again. I also wanted to thank RixSix for his nice complement of my ride WV/B coming from someone like him with such a BADDDD ASS RIDE [Eek!] really means something. Also if your friends with the video can put a CD or DVD I'd sure like to get a copie of it.
THANKS AGAIN DERYN. [worship]

[ May 15, 2005, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: 1GT2NV ]

--------------------
2005 Mustang GT W/V BLUE

Posts: 27 | From: Ceres/Modesto | Registered: May 2005  |  :
05 FSTBK
¯
Member # 5452

Well, dial-up is preventing me from putting pictures up here but here are a couple of links to photo's I've put up:

http://groups.msn.com/GallopAroundTheBay/

please, everyone create a folder and post your pictures for everyone to see.

and here's Bob's Website and Pictures:

http://www.bobbeltrami.com/gallop05.htm

[ May 15, 2005, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: 05 FSTBK ]

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

No problem, 1GT2NV!!...'Cause let me tell ya peeps, with all due respect to allotta nice '05's on the cruz, this metallic, light blue(I know there's gotta be a name for that color), 05, lowered, with tight ass rims, fatty rubber, tinted, is THE BADDest 05 I've seen on the road [worship] [worship] . I think this is what Ford had in mind when they built these things. I just looks mean. PROPS!...Cannot wait for the 07 Cobra now [dance] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

Mfracing
¯
Member # 4034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mfracing  Ford pictures for Mfracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
PROPS!...Cannot wait for the 07 Cobra now [dance] [Whoo Whooooo!]

untill then get some new rear tires and put a cage in that monster! we want to see you at the next cruz! [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
302hp/361tq
12.6e/t@105mph
Amazon Tuning Solutions
Mel and Son's Mufflers
Super Six Motorsports
Mizzi's Automotive
Main Machine

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

LOL [Big Grin] ...everyone is worried about the rears on my car. They are drag radials so there is not much tread to begin with, I've had em for a about 7000 miles, they're in the "sweet spot" right now, they grip like crazy, they're more like slicks now...as long as it's not raining, of course. They'll be good for another 3k...and the chords are not showing like someone thought they were...I should get some sort of roll bar for sure, though. I'll definitely will be there for the next cruz...with NEW drag radials [Big Grin] [burnout]

[ May 15, 2005, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com