Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Goodguys All American Get-Together March 27-28 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Goodguys All American Get-Together March 27-28
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blackicelsc:
Not to be a dark cloud, but I quit supporting the Goodguys 7 years ago when they "errantly" mis-calculated my season points, awarded my Championship to another driver(who knew they made a mistake, but wouldnt tell them). At the awards banquet, the "other" driver was awarded a giant trophy, a check(one of those giant ones), some goodies from supporting vendors, and all the crap associated with clinching a Nostalgia Class Championship. 5 months later, a hand written letter came in the mail that basically said "sorry, we screwed up. See ya next season. Oh, and since we paid out all the contingency money, we cant get it back. We'll wave your entry fee's next year"...yea. Thats only $50.00 it isnt close to the $2k I missed out on.

That, and the fact that the poor sportsman drag racers pay $50.00 to compete at an event, and if you are good enough to go 8 rounds, and wind up being runner-up, you win $75.00 Whoppty-doo. You spend that in race gas, so you actually lose money unless you win the event. Winner gets $300

All of the proceeds from the racing go to support the trailer queens. yes, they are beautiful cars. But if the goodguys really understood how the auto enthusiast's mind really worked, they would have the racers be supported by the car show atendees. A spectator at a Good Guys drag race event pais $45.00 to get in(2 day event). The car shows are what, UP to $10.00/person now? Gimme a break.

If they knew how to run a sanction, they would have alot more racers, alot more shows, and alot less unhappy drag racers. I may be one, but I can easily name over 150 ex-goodguys. The real irony, is in their name.

have fun. And dont blame the trailer queens. it isnt their fault. Its the losers who run the "not so Good Guys".
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Yeah, I have found the goodguys to be a poorly run company. They always screw up and dont handle it well at all. I payed for a 1 year membership and got a card at the time of sign up but never recieved anything so after a few months I e-mailed them. They eventually got back to me and said they had screwed up and now its all fixed. A few more months go by and still nothing. I contact them again and they said something was wrong and now its fixed. Im thinking "OK whatever I still have my year" NOPE! they just continued the membership so by the time its fixed and i start recieving the magazine (only perk I know of from paying to be a member) I only have 3 months left. [BS flag] Needless to say I will not pay to be a member ever again

I still plan on going necause I love cars and Goodguys has lots of 'em
[patriot]

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there probably saturday if it doesn't rain.

I'll hang around my buddies booth for most of the day.

Valley Differentials. [Smile]

Were having topeless dancers so come on by and say whats up. LOL [Razz]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Topless dancers !!! What time are they going to be there. That might be worth the trip and admission.... [Eek!]

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'll see you guys out there i'm trailering over at about 5:00 damn no sleep. hope for sun [Cool]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
Topless dancers !!! What time are they going to be there. That might be worth the trip and admission.... [Eek!]

Yeah they might be overweight but they can dance. LOL

So are we all meeting up somewhere and saying whats up or just wear something that recognizes us as we walk around.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

WyldGurl
¯
Member # 1847

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WyldGurl  Ford pictures for WyldGurl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was considering going, but the possibility of rain isn't too exciting. Does anyone know if they will have all the cars out on main street on friday night like usual?

--------------------
Ride or Die...I.L.J.E

Posts: 227 | From: fremont,ca | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WyldGurl:
I was considering going, but the possibility of rain isn't too exciting. Does anyone know if they will have all the cars out on main street on friday night like usual?

There should be. And its supposed to stop raining by tommarrow night.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:

We're going to be in fremont tomorrow I guess, and time allowing, and weather at this point, I think we might go....she was pretty interested, and we all know how that goes! [Big Grin]

What time does that stuff usually go on?

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Checked the weather Channel, rain stop's tomarrow and sunny all weekend. Took Friday off to Detail the truck, there is a few of us meeting at the INnOUT burger in Pleasanton at 5am Saturday and Leaving at 5:10 for the front gate, if anyone is interested.
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Fuck man I need to set up tomorrow morning in the rain. [Frown]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
Fuck man I need to set up tomorrow morning in the rain. [Frown]

Pain oops Rain only makes you stronger my Brother [Big Grin]
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who from the Livermore area is going on saturday? I think I am going to go with my daughter if the weather is good. Lets all meet somewhere.

--------------------

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

quote:
Who from the Livermore area is going on saturday? I think I am going to go with my daughter if the weather is good. Lets all meet somewhere.

Weather should be good. Yeah lets bs for a bit.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Sounds good to me. I'll keep an eye open for valley diff's while we are there. [patriot]

--------------------

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:

We're going to be in fremont tomorrow I guess, and time allowing, and weather at this point, I think we might go....she was pretty interested, and we all know how that goes! [Big Grin]

What time does that stuff usually go on?

All day. Gates open to public at 8am lasts till about 4. Get there around 10-12 for best veiwing of the show.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:

Well I would meet you but I am going to have my car in the show, I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys there though. I should have my car right past the exhibition hall in the first small triangle of grass.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Sounds good! I'm sure I'll find that car of yours
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there, I'm going to park in the for sale section and see what kind of offers I can get on my car. Not looking to sell it right away, just get a baseline on what people are willing to pay for my Vert. It's at the detail shop getting the undercarriage, engine compartment and interior steam cleaned. Should look very nice for the show [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Valley Differentials will be close to the clock tower right next to Maas Brothers Powerder Coating.

Chances are I won't be ther now [Frown]

Sal

[ March 26, 2004, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
f*** its raining here in the bay i dont know if i should still load the trailer or not [Mad] anyone awake? hows the weather in pleasanton?
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Currently 50 no rain 83% humidity, but clearing to be 80 degrees today.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was pretty wet out this morning. Hopefully it will clear up later today...I will keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow.
LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The show was awesome. It was pretty weird showing a truck though and hanging with a huge truck crowd. I miss the stang.

Jon(1sicgt)- the car is looking sic bro!!!! Its time to make it fast though!!!

Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

great show today mad # of people were walking by my car and johns as well as droptopfox and joey's. nice turnout after the rain died down for us. trailerd all the way out there and the car still was a mess. see yall tomarrow looks like sun [Cool] [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lot of nice cars, shuan your coupe looked good as always [Big Grin]

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com