Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Bay Area People Need of Help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Bay Area People Need of Help
Mario@Strictly-Motorsports
¯
Member # 381

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Ford pictures for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I’m trying to organize a canned food drive for the Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. What I’ve had in mind was a Show and Shine Car show/ canned food drive. So if someone wants to come out and enter his or her vehicle the entry fee would be one sack of canned food. I was thinking of having it on November 23rd. The list of items the food bank is looking for is:

MUCH NEEDED
-------------------------
Hot & Cold Cereals
100% Fruit Juices
Pasta & Meat Sauces
Canned Fish and Meats
Soup
Chili Beans
Peanut Butter
Powdered Milk

NOT NEEDED
---------------------
Rice
Flour
Sugar

My problems are the following:

1. Need of a Parking lot big enough for this type of event. (I’ve been in contact with Mission College to see about using their facilities. It looks like it would take some $$$ to make that happen) so if anyone can get us access to a big enough parking lot free of charge that would be Great.
2. Volunteers to help collect the food and oversee the show.
3. Volunteers to help deliver the food collect to the Food Bank.

If time wise and dollars permit I will have an award made “Best of Show” where all participants can cast their vote for this award.

--------------------
Mario

Posts: 221 | From: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where do you wanna do it at? If its not to far away, I'm down 100 percent.
-Chris

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

¯
Member # 381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Ford pictures for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was thinking somewhere in the south bay. I'm open to suggestions.

--------------------
Mario

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about we talk on sunday. The 23rd seems really close to plan a show.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
¯
Member # 381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Ford pictures for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Update,

I'm waiting on hearing back from one guy from another board who is going to be asking his CEO of his company, if we can use a vacant lot that they have in Milpitas.

I'll keep everyone post once I hear more.

Thanks to all for your support on this project [patriot]

--------------------
Mario

¯
Member # 381

Brian,

Sorry I did not make it to the show, I had Family stuff to deal with. Yeah I know it was close to the show/BBq date but with Thanksgiving coming up and such it sounded like the best date to have this. The date is not set in stone so we could push this back will have to wait and see I guess.

--------------------
Mario

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok,
Let us kow U heard there is a chnace of rain this weekend.
Isn't SRO doing a can food drive?

--------------------

¯
Member # 381

SRO is a "Toys for Tots" event at Great America on 12/15.

--------------------
Mario

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

So what the scoupe?

--------------------

Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Christmastime would prolly be a better time to do the drive. Just my thought. [patriot]

--------------------
Av8er for life.....

Myspace is ghey!

Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
98cobraGUY68
¯
Member # 1505

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98cobraGUY68  Ford pictures for 98cobraGUY68  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i agree then i would be down. BRIAN
Posts: 431 | From: San Jose,CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
even though i dont many people from this site personally, i would be more than glad to help out in any way. just keep us posted.
jason

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya my club is down. We were also going to be doing a Toys for Tots drive also. Just let us know when and where and I will bring whats needed.
Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
¯
Member # 381

Sorry for the long delay in replying back. Been trying to get my ride ready before the Dec 15th SRO Toys 4 Tots event.

Our biggest problem to date so far has been we have not found a location where we can hold an event this size. All of the property managers that I have talked to are concerned about Liability issues.

I’m looking into seeing if any of the local Church’s in the Southbay would be willing to let us use their parking lot. So if anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

Thanks

[ December 03, 2002, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: Mario92 ]

--------------------
Mario

jr5.0
¯
Member # 399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jr5.0  Ford pictures for jr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey mario why not just do it at the marina in san leandro.
¯
Member # 381

Think it would be enough parking for all the cars? Would we need any kind of Permits?

--------------------
Mario

jr5.0
¯
Member # 399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jr5.0  Ford pictures for jr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont think you will need permits because it is public parking. the only problem maybe the parking because the weekends sometimes is packed.
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what about the church up on the hill next to 87 and curtner? It has a HUGE ass parking lot up top. Talk to TRY2PAZ about permits, remember, he did the car show
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com