Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » To those that have not entered in the 98Cobra.com June 29th Car Show... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: To those that have not entered in the 98Cobra.com June 29th Car Show...
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To those that would like to enter in the 98Cobra.com Car Show June 29th and have NOT done so, you can sign-up at our BBQ June 8th and save yourself the postage by handing it to ANY MODERATOR you see. [Big Grin]

I know that a lot of you plan on entering but haven't sent in their entry form, NOW is your chance!!! [Smile] Just bring a check for $30 to 98Cobra.com, which class you are entering, and what t-shirt size you prefer. [worship]

I don't want to hear any excuses!!! I am showing up and my car is not even ready. Just don't want to see anyone paying the $40 at the show!! [Eek!]

Any Questions??? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Matt
Milesblown03> Rest In Peace 12/08/02

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, I would like to buy the t-shirt, but I don't care to enter my car because its bone stock, is this a problem or will you have t-shirts to buy later?

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
9COBRA8
Member # 6

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95camaro:
Yes, I would like to buy the t-shirt, but I don't care to enter my car because its bone stock, is this a problem or will you have t-shirts to buy later?

Dude, it doesn't matter that its bone stock!! The judging on done based on your peers!! Plus, what better way to support the site. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Nonetheless, we will have extra t-shirts at the show you can purchase so that won't be a problem. I am not sure yet on the cost since it is going to be based on the volume that we purchase. We'll let you know then! [Cool]

--------------------
-Matt

Eastbay50
¯
Member # 1128

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eastbay50  Ford pictures for Eastbay50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well...how do i get an entry form? Do i just need to sent the info to u guys via email?
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tristan:
Well...how do i get an entry form? Do i just need to sent the info to u guys via email?

Send in the $30 to the address w/ a little note for what size T you want:

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
GHOSTDOG
¯
Member # 522

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GHOSTDOG  Ford pictures for GHOSTDOG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got one question for you what do you mean voting by your peers this to mean sounds like it might turn into a favoritism type of thing i just want it to be fair for everyone who enters the show not that you win buy how many buddys you got there just voicing a concern

--------------------
hennessy lemon squeeze and green bud chillin in my stang with a mean mug

Posts: 320 | From: ANY LIQUOR STORE IN THE 510 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Eastbay50
¯
Member # 1128

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eastbay50  Ford pictures for Eastbay50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ghostdog makes a very good point.
9COBRA8
Member # 6

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GHOSTDOG:
i got one question for you what do you mean voting by your peers this to mean sounds like it might turn into a favoritism type of thing i just want it to be fair for everyone who enters the show not that you win buy how many buddys you got there just voicing a concern

Voting by your peers means that all those that enter are able to vote for what cars they think should win in each of the groups. Only the people that are in the show can vote! Voting by peers prevents favoritism than say electing a judging panel to vote on all the groups. [Smile]

Even if you tried to get your buddies that enter in the show to vote on one car to win, there are a lot of entries and everyone is going to have there own opinion on who they think should win. Out of all the car shows that I have seen use this method of judging, I have not encountered a problem such as you are describing. You have nothing to worry about. It's going to be fun! [Cool]

--------------------
-Matt

Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car is bone stock, too

but entered the car to support the web site.

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, iwas hoping that i would FOR SURE have my new car, but it may not be here yet, so i may have to enter my capri....SAD

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
only stangs can be entered? Aw that sucks [Smile]
My buddy has a stang, but he ain't into that kind of shit! I woulkd be down to go, but $40 to enter? Wow. Maybe I'll borrow his car and enter it, and get a t-shirt, and in for cheaper!
can I do that?

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

9COBRA8
Member # 6

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sfGi8nt:
only stangs can be entered? Aw that sucks [Smile]
My buddy has a stang, but he ain't into that kind of shit! I woulkd be down to go, but $40 to enter? Wow. Maybe I'll borrow his car and enter it, and get a t-shirt, and in for cheaper!
can I do that?

By all means, get your buddies stang!! However, we would need to have the money postmarked no later than June 15th due to the fact that we encourage those to send their entry in earlier which helps us getting the t-shirts and trophies.

Send in the money now and grab the stang later! [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Matt

9COBRA8
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MilesMerk:
Damn, iwas hoping that i would FOR SURE have my new car, but it may not be here yet, so i may have to enter my capri....SAD

Miles-

Send in the money now and if you get your Cobra then we have no problem switching your class. [Cool] [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Matt

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where abouts is parking lot N? Closer to the north or south entrance to the campus? Might be able to make it [patriot]

Thanks

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
Where abouts is parking lot N? Closer to the north or south entrance to the campus? Might be able to make it [patriot]

Thanks

John,
That would be great if you could enter. Parking Lot "N" is off Carlos Bee blvd. It is the first parking lot on campus off on the right. It is the parking lot for the football and baseball fields. If you can make it John, we will be starting around 8:30am

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info. Now I got a really obscure question, do you know if there are any speed bumps in that area? My exhaust is pretty low and speed bumps are out for me. If your not sure just let me know and I can make it over there on the way home from work one day. Hmmm....8:30 huh, my neighbors will be real happy with me. How late will it be going to?

Thanks again,
John

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
John,
As far as I know, there is no speed bumps. I will check it out when I get a chance. The judging does not start until 10am. I was saying to get there at 8:30am to clean your car.

--------------------

TurboTiger
Board Hottie
Member # 985

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurboTiger  Ford pictures for TurboTiger  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Obviously I can't show my MustBeShitty Eclipse...How do i go about getting the Shirt though? Well not just one...My Dad and Brother...would most likely want one...umm...will you be selling them at the show? (I need a small if possible)

--------------------
Screw The Haters.
Never Regret ANYTHING That Has Ever Made You Smile!

9COBRA8
Member # 6

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TurboTiger:
Obviously I can't show my MustBeShitty Eclipse...How do i go about getting the Shirt though? Well not just one...My Dad and Brother...would most likely want one...umm...will you be selling them at the show? (I need a small if possible)

Yea, we will be selling t-shirts at the show only after everyone has entered. We should have plenty so you can buy as many as you like! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Matt

Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This sucks,
I won't be able to participate in the show due to a previously secheduled engagement. I am sending out my check for $30 to support and also get a T-shirt. If it's ok with Try2Paz I will have him hold on to the T for me until I see him next.

I hope all goes well and this becomes a regular thing!

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

quote:
Originally posted by Bullitt208:
This sucks,
I won't be able to participate in the show due to a previously secheduled engagement. I am sending out my check for $30 to support and also get a T-shirt. If it's ok with Try2Paz I will have him hold on to the T for me until I see him next.

I hope all goes well and this becomes a regular thing!

Eric

Eric,
Of course I will hold a shirt for you. I appreciate it. Maybe we can get you 2 [Big Grin]

--------------------

MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be going up to the school today, so I will check to see if there are any speed bumps in that parking lot for you.

--------------------
2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustang GT

Posts: 2178 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Eric,
Of course I will hold a shirt for you. I appreciate it. Maybe we can get you 2 [Big Grin]

Brian,

Thanks! If you see Kev at the show you could probably just hand it off to him. If not, it's an excuse to get together for the hamilton drive!

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by MustyTang:
I will be going up to the school today, so I will check to see if there are any speed bumps in that parking lot for you.

Thanks much, I appreciate it.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
John91....There are no speed bumps in the parking lot, so you should be fine. Your exhaust will live another day [Big Grin]

--------------------
2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustang GT

Posts: 2178 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com