Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Re: The Impala/Brakestand at the Foster's Freeze GTG

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Re: The Impala/Brakestand at the Foster's Freeze GTG
Notford95
Member # 1102

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Notford95  Ford pictures for Notford95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fellows, you throw an awesome get together. I wish the Chevies in this area had half the organization and passion you guys possess. Now to the meat of the issue....

The guy in the Impala was immature, rude, and not me. I apologize profusely on behalf of the Chevy community and sincerely hope he did not ruin that location for future events. I left early so I did not get to witness this travesty but I assure you, I would have been AT LEAST as outraged as you guys rightly are.

I do belong to a club of these cars in this area. At your behest, I can inquire as to this nimrod's identity so that your thoughts on his actions may be adequately expressed.

I understand that the future of such get togethers is now in jeopardy. I also understand that this is due in large part to a gentile of the Ford community. For this again I am profoundly apologetic. I implore you guys; please do not ban us! We are not all like that! Thirdly, I understand that it is your right to declare us anathema (and banning us is probably a logical solution), but I respectfully ask for grace and will accept your decision(s) with comprehension either way you decide.

Thank you for your time,

Matt

--------------------
1995 Impala SS
Tee Fitty-6
Headers and such
Shiny Old Man Car

Posts: 1 | From: Pleasanton/SLO, CA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't want to ban anyone from any of our events but when it comes down to drama, we need to take action. The way most people have seen us, meaning 98Cobra.com GTG, is by word of mouth which means someone knows somebody being Ford or Chevy on our website.

It is really up to everyone to get involved! [patriot] If we keep allowing this to happen and some idiot keeps getting us kicked out of all our meeting spots, then where are we suppose to have a GTG? I know it looks bad on the Chevy community but its plain and simple, the last two times, both Chevy owners have caused problems for 98Cobra in arraging future activites at these locations. We can't allow this to happen.

When we meet anywhere, let's be smart and responsible! If we all take part, we can elminiate drama such as this.

Matt-
This wasn't pointed to you directly but to inform everyone of the situation and how we all need to deal with it so nobody it ban from our events!

--------------------
-Matt
Milesblown03> Rest In Peace 12/08/02

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
TurboTiger
Board Hottie
Member # 985

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for TurboTiger  Ford pictures for TurboTiger  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Geez...why do people just have to be dumba$$es and do stupid sh!t like that. There were tons of crap at the foster freeze (including me and CANTCME) (ours wasnt foolish though)....just go with the rules and dont be an idiot....Very simple ya know!

--------------------
Screw The Haters.
Never Regret ANYTHING That Has Ever Made You Smile!

*Lady Stallion*
¯
Member # 1105

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for *Lady Stallion*  Ford pictures for *Lady Stallion*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A friend of mine owns a pizza place on almaden expressway in san jose . on sundays the parking lot is empty cause all the stores are closed if your interested in holding a car show there let me know and I'll talk to my friend about it

[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: cheryl ]

--------------------
Member of "STALLIONS" stang club of San Jose, CA Member #8 "The First Lady"

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No thanks Cheryl. I have all the areas mapped out were all the meets are going. That area would be cool for a show and shine, but its hard to stay together for a cruise because of all the traffic signals.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
*Lady Stallion*
¯
Member # 1105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Lady Stallion*  Ford pictures for *Lady Stallion*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats cool I just thought it would be cool even if it was a show and shine.

--------------------

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go ahead and organze it. Later in the summer would be cool, like August. It could be a Hot August night thing. I hope you don't get people doing burn outs of figure 8's. I think your friend would get ticked. Be careful of who you invite. Let me know.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
*Lady Stallion*
¯
Member # 1105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Lady Stallion*  Ford pictures for *Lady Stallion*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well its hard not to get people doing burnouts theres always that idiot that does it. You guys know that by personal experience.

--------------------

Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya it kinda blows that some people are like that. but i have seen ford owners and mopar folks do shit to at other GTG's. it is an immaturity thing. they are fuckin assholes that like to show off. that is too bad. you should get their plates and turn em in..but it is going to happen. it was just like at the december cruise when we had some asses speeding up and down the blocc and messed shit up for a while for myself and a few other peeps.

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
*Lady Stallion*
¯
Member # 1105

Idont understand why people would want to do that. FOr one you risk hurting people around you and you risk messing up your car that most likely you spent alot of time and money on. I cherish my car I paid to much money to treat it like that just to show off I mean isnt having the car showing off enough?

--------------------

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an idea, next time someone does a brake stand, everyone jump infront of his car, call the cops and wait till they get there. He gets a ticket and no one else will ever do that again, problem solved.

--------------------
My sister runs 13s!!!
And your brother wants to eat her ass.

Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually, that Impala was lucky the cops (the two walking around) just left... Or maybe he planned it that way, dunno.

[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: DennisG ]

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com