Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » North bay meet (santa rosa) sat april 20th + possible new club

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: North bay meet (santa rosa) sat april 20th + possible new club
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, it's time for another local meet and a few people have expressed interest in starting a local club. I think its a great idea.

Meet:

april 20th at sweet river's in coddingtown at 12 noon

We could do a cruise afterwards if people are down for that

The main goal is to talk about starting a club/have some good food. I think we could come up with 10+ members right away and then it would grow from that. I think it would be great to have something so close so we don't always have to go to the bay area for meets etc. I'm thinking along the lines of a stang only club as I probably see 5+ mustangs a day just driving around and have never got attitude from any other stang drivers yet (mostly thumb's up/rev's). I'm planning on passing around a contact sheet to set it up at sweetwaters.

After talkin with electricgreengt (byron) we have come up with a set of possible things to do with the club in the future:

Car shows, meets like this, cruises, tech days, BBQ's, and a list of other things that I'm to tired to remember.

ps. its been a long time since I've been to sweet river but I remeber it kicking ass. If it doesnt however, suggest something similar please. They basically are like a chili's/lyons type place with general food. For a cruise I was thinking a trip out highway 12 and around bodega bay. We'd get to bodega around 3-4pm or so and cruise around the water and out to the ocean. Let me know if people are down for this.
We might want to skip going through sebastopol though

feel free to email me: thecypton@cs.com or post here if you have any questions

--------------------
90GT: h/c/i
05 wrx

Posts: 868 | From: plumas lake (sacramento area) | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think im more eastbay but would be interested.

no disrespect or bad feelings intended here, but its gonna be tough to get clubs and sites and other things started around here. theres alot of sites already practicaly all bay area. again no disrespect intended here.

i will help any site/club with kool cars and awesome owners. just let me know how.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by flatacid:
i think im more eastbay but would be interested.

no disrespect or bad feelings intended here, but its gonna be tough to get clubs and sites and other things started around here. theres alot of sites already practicaly all bay area. again no disrespect intended here.

i will help any site/club with kool cars and awesome owners. just let me know how.

Yah, I know alot is going on in the bay area but most of it is either classic cars up north OR modern stuff more south like san jose and that area. We are about a hour north of san francisco. My whole point is to get soemthing in the santa rosa area. I know of nothing at all really except import clubs and the like. No offense taken at all [patriot]

--------------------
05 wrx

JOSH
¯
Member # 979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSH  Ford pictures for JOSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would be down for a local club I know others that maybe interested to. The 20th is no good for us we will be in redding for kool april nites. Its a short drive that any car fan should make. [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]

--------------------
65 fastback mustang
410w 11:1 c-4 592fwhp 560fwtq

bgbadbowen
¯
Member # 352

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bgbadbowen  Ford pictures for bgbadbowen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there if someone reminds me closer to the date, as for being an hour north of SF...man how slow do you drive? I make it from Windsor(just north of santa rosa) to fremont(past hayward) in 1hr 20 minutes pretty much doing the speedlimit. Just giving you a hard time Rick. -Steve Bowen
Posts: 121 | From: Just North of Santa Rosa, CA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Santa rosa club? HAHAHA>...

This town sucks.

J/k...i'm down, you know dat.

I'll be there.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its not that bad I go up to Windsor by Steves house all the time.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok ok, so its not an hour I just say that so people get the general idea of where we are.

I think it will work out. For some reason most of the people in this area with stangs don't want to travel much for anything that's why you see a big shortage of up north guys plus im lazy [patriot]

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I'm not a stang owner, or do I live near Santa Rosa, but I do love Mexican food.
I suggest you guys go to Celia's, its on Santa Rosa Ave. I go to the one down here, and it is good, but the one out there is GREAT. It has a really big parking lot too, so all of the chicks or other guys with 5ers that drive through that busy intersection will be able to see your cars
Oh yeah, I know of that place becuase my mother lives a few blocks from there, Its really good though. I think I am gonna call some friends and go there TONIGHT for dinner!
Haha thanks guys for the idea

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Bump for those interested [Smile]

--------------------
05 wrx

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com