Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » ATTN: POISONED PONY

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ATTN: POISONED PONY
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I posted here cause I know you'll see it...
You sold a tranny a while back to Neeraj. He is selling it now and I need to know what condition it is in if you know. My tranny is going south fast and I need to buy it...please help! Ford won't honer the TSB trick you have done twice so it looks like I need to buy one. Also if you have any TSB advise-hook a brotha up.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you just got the car and your tranny is ready to take a shit! well, i guess thats the price you have to pay to have fun if you need an extra set of hands for the install, call me
774-6363 [dance]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Evil Mach1
¯
Member # 26

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil Mach1  Ford pictures for Evil Mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought it from TRY2PAZ and never installed it so any questions would probably be better asnwered by him, but I'll go on what he told me when I bought it. It has 8,000 miles on it and is out of Brian's '99 GT. To work in your Cobra, you need to swap tail shaft housings because '99+ is a electronic speedometer and '96-'98 is gear driven. Otherwise, it should bolt right up. They should honor the TSB, what dealership you going to? Future? Try Folsom Lake or Senator.
Posts: 845 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep,
The tranny had 8,200 miles on it. I had it in my car when it was N/A. The tranny is kind of pain to switch to 98 and older 4.6's. It will bolt up to any 99 and up cobra or gt with ease.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Yep,
The tranny had 8,200 miles on it. I had it in my car when it was N/A. The tranny is kind of pain to switch to 98 and older 4.6's. It will bolt up to any 99 and up cobra or gt with ease.

Thanks for the advise......it helps.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Poisoned Pony:
They should honor the TSB, what dealership you going to? Future? Try Folsom Lake or Senator.

What is it you told them about the TSB? I had a tech print up the TSB's after he said there is nothing wrong with my tranny and it doesn't state anything about tranny's really. It says something about the clutch linkage and someother little things. What exactly do I need to tell them to get this thing replaced...??????
Help!! [worship]

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com