Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » dyno days???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: dyno days???
Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much does it cost when you have one, how does that work?

--------------------
My sister runs 13s!!!
And your brother wants to eat her ass.

Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your car accelerates drums with its rear tires while its tied down to the machine. The computer measures how fast your car accelerated the drums and calculates how much HP it made. You can see videos of it being done here:

http://www.cafords.com/mpg/01_12_02/wikd281_516rwhp.mpg

and

http://www.cafords.com/mpg/200RWHP.mpg

Check out www.mustangranc.org or www.apexmotorsports.net for prices. Expect to pay around $75-100 an hour.

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah yeah i know how a dyno actually works but i was wondering if you have to be a member of your club or if there is a huge line or if you have to sign up in advance or if you just pay the cash and drive on up.

--------------------
My sister runs 13s!!!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh this isn't a club, just a site for local ford guys like you and I.

As for the dyno, its simple... just call up apex or mustang ranch and make an apointment. I think the closest dyno to you is www.dynospotracing.com , but they're a Euro / Import shop.

Sassy
¯
Member # 932

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sassy  Ford pictures for Sassy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think what he's asking is my fault, I told him that I heard that one of the clubs had a "dyno days" where the club got together and dynoed their cars at someone's shop...I think he wants in on the next one. Big joke at our house is him buying a dyno and putting it in our garage.
Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually the closest one i know of is at GF Automotive but they're cock eating bitches who can lick my balls. sorry about the language but it's the truth.

--------------------
My sister runs 13s!!!

Sassy
¯
Member # 932

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sassy  Ford pictures for Sassy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris_67_SC_408:
Actually the closest one i know of is at GF Automotive but they're cock eating bitches who can lick my balls. sorry about the language but it's the truth.

Forgot to tell you this last night but I was at "that place that I bought that part" and there were coupons for G&F left on the counter and I trashed 'em, it made me feel as though I saved some poor innocent car owner from months of headache. They would need coupons to try to get business back after all the cars they jacked up!

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats the story with that shop?

--------------------
Support our troops!

Sassy
¯
Member # 932

From what I know they just do bad work and don't own up to it. My brother took his Mustang there and they built the drive shaft too short, messed up the Lentech-built AOD tranni and scratched the coat of primer black off his driver side door claiming they were "cleaning it" It's f*cking primer leave it alone at least the car is all one color!!!
Chris can fill you in but I do know he sued them through the credit card he used and won most of his money back.
If you want to know of another bad shop on the peninsula it's called Bermico Auto...they certify their own mechanics and a real B*itch runs the place. My friend used to work there and some shady stuff goes on. Took my Jeep in and it came back worse.

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

that about sums it up. They had a driveshaft made but it was measured wrong so it destroyed the tail housing of the trany and all the internals. They welded on my traction bars and about 6 months later i broke the driver side bar from the frame at the weld. The trany cooler the installed leaked the second i drove it out of the shop, some other small things that really pissed me off (like AWFUL wiring and scratching my paint job all the way around the car because "it's only primer"), and they charge $90 an hour. That was the last shop I have taken my car to and it is going to stay that way, I prefer knowing the quality of the work that is being done to my car. In the end it was okay because every dime i spent there was credited back to me through my credit card.

--------------------
My sister runs 13s!!!

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want something done right, do it yourself that is my motto!!

Sassy was that you that CODY and I were watching do the one wheel peel in the 14 second 69 at Sac on Saturday?

No say HI? What up?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Sassy
¯
Member # 932

quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
If you want something done right, do it yourself that is my motto!!

Back when Chris took his car there he was still in the process of learning about cars...no daddy to hand down the knowledge it's all self taught, he's really intelligent. *bragging about my little bro again*

quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
Sassy was that you that CODY and I were watching do the one wheel peel in the 14 second 69 at Sac on Saturday?

No say HI? What up?

I do have a '69 Camaro (12 different colors) and I do have a one legger. I don't ignore anyone purposfully...unless you guys have pictures I don't now who you are...just stop by and remind me...I love meeting new people or people I've met before and just need to be reminded. Sometimes it's hard to recognize people without their cars when I meet them with their cars...where were you guys all day? I had to stay in the lanes, run, line up, run, line up.

Was it when I was in the right lane runnin' Tony's blue Maverick? I heard someone read my plates out loud but I was too busy sticking my tongue out at Tony cause he wouldn't stage.

[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: Sassy ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com