Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Exhaust + Air Filter on a new 5.0 = 11.20 @120.5MPH (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Exhaust + Air Filter on a new 5.0 = 11.20 @120.5MPH
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can post the last run of the night if youde like [Wink] lol

You were driving like a man tho!!

[ November 17, 2011, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: RED@7kVERT *8850GT* ]

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn shaun. 11.18 forreal. Your making it really hard for me when I go to the track. If I don't bust out a 10 second pass I'm going to have to retire
Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
I can post the last run of the night if youde like [Wink] lol

You were driving like a man tho!!

You got a vid of me losing to Chad?
Awesome! It didn't come out good on my camera.
I'd like to add it to our YouTube channel if it's alright with you.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?feature=friend_mobile&v=_WAsXH7Q85c

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?feature=friend_mobile&v=_WAsXH7Q85c

Thanks Scott!

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

wichoms4
¯
Member # 10900

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wichoms4  Ford pictures for wichoms4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
needs a title change..lol still nice times..

--------------------
1998 CAMARO SS

Anyone can shift an auto, but not too many can bang gears...

SSSSIKH
¯
Member # 8397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSSSIKH  Ford pictures for SSSSIKH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAMN SON!!!!

IMPRESSIVEEEEEE! [burnout]

--------------------
AED
WWW.AEDHP.COM

Stang66
¯
Member # 10504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stang66  Ford pictures for Stang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here ya go..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WAsXH7Q85c

--------------------
1966 Ford Mustang
1990 Notchback
1975 Pontiac Trans Am 400ci

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What where your gains with a Ported stock manifold?

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sean, you are definitely driving the crap out of that thing. I love how close ratio that trans is with the 1:1 5th. The RPM doesn't seem to drop much on the shifts. I guess that part of that is because even if it drops 2k on the shift it will still be over 5k! Awesome, but it sure is making my highly modified car seem slow!

Anyway, I asked you in a different post about this car's baseline and I never saw the answer. It got deleted off of the 50 fastest before I read it. So, what did you get this car to run bone stock with street tires and slicks? I just want to know what these cars can run properly driven off the showroom.

Congrats on the great times.

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this still a full interior car or is it gutted?

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
Sean, you are definitely driving the crap out of that thing. I love how close ratio that trans is with the 1:1 5th. The RPM doesn't seem to drop much on the shifts. I guess that part of that is because even if it drops 2k on the shift it will still be over 5k! Awesome, but it sure is making my highly modified car seem slow!

Anyway, I asked you in a different post about this car's baseline and I never saw the answer. It got deleted off of the 50 fastest before I read it. So, what did you get this car to run bone stock with street tires and slicks? I just want to know what these cars can run properly driven off the showroom.

Congrats on the great times.

I never ran the car bone stock.
First trip to the track she had an E85 tune and slicks/skinnies. First run ever down the strip was 11.8 @116mph. Ended up with a best of the day of 11.7 @116mph. This ET is a national record for Tune and Tires only.

You can do searches online for bone-stock times.
FYI, Ford pulls significant power between gears for warranty reasons (can't shock the drive train). This results in slower stock ET/MPH compared to 'tune only'.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
Is this still a full interior car or is it gutted?

There's nothing in between Full Interior and Gutted???

I guess it depends on your definition. My Mustang seats no more than your Z06.

I could not stand the stock Cloth seats. The head rest was unbearable as it pushes your head forward when sitting upright (the way I drive). Slap on a helmet and it was un-drivable at the strip. I turned the headrest around backwards to race it the first time at Sac..... But I'd had Carbeau's on order, so out came the stock seats.

Since the new seats didn't match the stock cloth rears, out they came as well.

Total weight removed from the interior was 64lbs.
The Carbeau's are VERY comfortable. Not at all like a Kirkey. I wouldn't call it 'gutted', but it definitely won't seat 4 anymore!
Here's pics:
 -
 -

[ November 27, 2011, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice..like the backseat delete and no use for it anyway..ur married..no more hauling around a car full of females..lol..looks good though [patriot]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no matter how you put it....the car is just impressive for what it is..

Shaun...does this have the updated transmission? or do you notice any issues that have been reported?

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Just a stock 2012 MT-82 transmission.

I've never had a better Manual Transmission. Hands down the MT-82 is by FAR the best transmission I've ever raced. In the vids I can't believe how fast the damn thing shifts.
The MT-82 makes anybody the 'Drew Mod'. LOL

MGW shifter was installed before the last track outing, and I don't know if I'm going to keep it. The stock shifter never skipped a beat. MGW is 'tight'....perhaps too tight. I'll have to drive it more.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:

I've never had a better Manual Transmission. Hands down the MT-82 is by FAR the best transmission I've ever raced. In the vids I can't believe how fast the damn thing shifts.

MGW shifter was installed before the last track outing, and I don't know if I'm going to keep it. The stock shifter never skipped a beat. MGW is 'tight'....perhaps too tight. I'll have to drive it more.

ok makes sense...and yes..I thought you might have the "drew mod" myself..

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:

Drew would have probably gone 10's 6 weeks ago if he'd been driving this thing.

In some of the vids you can barely see my head above the steering wheel. LOL
[burnout]

When are we going to see you at the track?
I haven't seen that car since Rob owned it..... It's been years.
I'd love to meet you guys out there for some 'fun runs'. (You too Phil)

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:

Drew would have probably gone 10's 6 weeks ago if he'd been driving this thing.

In some of the vids you can barely see my head above the steering wheel. LOL
[burnout]

When are we going to see you at the track?
I haven't seen that car since Rob owned it..... It's been years.
I'd love to meet you guys out there for some 'fun runs'. (You too Phil)

we're talking about going to a T-N-T here in a couple of weeks...

and this car is definitely a different thing since Rob owned it...but I'm definitely hoping to get out there soon and not break anything

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Post up when you're heading out.
TNT's are hard to make it out for me as Saturdays are the busiest at the shop, but I want to make it out to at least a few while the air is good.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Post up when you're heading out.
TNT's are hard to make it out for me as Saturdays are the busiest at the shop, but I want to make it out to at least a few while the air is good.

will do...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These cars are very impressive! I guess I just have to make mine faster now!

My cousin put the MGW on his Mach 1 and neither one of us liked it. It was actually too short of a throw and it just made you think that you didn't get it into gear. It just didn't feel right. He took it back out. I run a Pro 5.0 but with the stock handle on it with aluminum inserts to remove the rubber so I wasn't used to such a short throw. It would definitely take some getting used to.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys should get all the runs in you can soon as rumnor has it the track will be shutting down for some construction. Concrete to the 1/8th mile!!!!
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
You guys should get all the runs in you can soon as rumnor has it the track will be shutting down for some construction. Concrete to the 1/8th mile!!!!

you are right about that. should be nice for next season

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im lovin it! make the chevy boys cry

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com