Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » how do u stock 5.0s run 11s and 12s

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how do u stock 5.0s run 11s and 12s
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well i looked at the 9/14 track post and you guys say your stock, stock heads and stock cam and run 11s 12s and up obviously, am i missing something.
How do you guys do it?

im not calling you guys out, i just wanna know if youll share those tips.

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Youre referring to the new 5.0s right?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No i was reffering to the foxbodys but the guy just told me he's runnin a new 5.0 motor from like 2010 and he put that motor in his 93foxbody.
i guess i shouldnt assume but come if someone says they have a stock 5.0 in a foxbody, u dont think a stock 2010 5.0 motor at all.
Sneaky huh

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stangn5oh:
No i was reffering to the foxbodys but the guy just told me he's runnin a new 5.0 motor from like 2010 and he put that motor in his 93foxbody.
i guess i shouldnt assume but come if someone says they have a stock 5.0 in a foxbody, u dont think a stock 2010 5.0 motor at all.
Sneaky huh

Haha damn thats true, because Im pretty sure a stock 1990 5.0 is running 11s. People are keeping secrets nowadays.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did not see any stock 5.0 Foxbodies running 11's, or even 12's on 9-14 at the track.

The new 2011/2012 Mustang GT 5.0 DOES run that fast though. Most stone stock 11/12's run high 12's / low 13's. Tires + tune the high high 11's / low 12's.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There was that one drag racing show where three guy guessed a quarter track time....dude had stock stuff but ran a ton a NO2 to put his GT fox in the 9's.

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
There was that one drag racing show where three guy guessed a quarter track time....dude had stock stuff but ran a ton a NO2 to put his GT fox in the 9's.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think everyone deffinition of "stock" is a bit different here concerning the Foxbody pushrod 5.0 cars.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Yea i saw that episode of pass time on speed channel. That car had 175 shot of nitrous & one hell of a fuel system on a stock looking motor. I think they all guessed around 12 secs and he ran in the 9s and they were all shocked as soon as he jumped of the line. Priceless

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw that episode as well but I'm sure that most of those stock looking parts were bored and modified as well as a lot of suspension work and stripping of the vehicle.

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Im refering to
quote:
Originally posted by 85staNg302:
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:
Originally posted by Brandonn:
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
11.7 @ 116MPH

good job man good to see u back out there again [Smile]
You'll be seeing me around more often.
Looks like the next step is some weight reduction, MUCH needed seat time, and good weather.

Lets see how deep into the 11's we can take a stock 5.0. [patriot]

Nice keep it up ..will be there next wendsday and see myself how deep in the 12s I can take my stock hoopthy 5.0 lol last run was 12.50 at 106.9 [patriot] I'm excited [Big Grin]

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

CobraCoupe
¯
Member # 7233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraCoupe  Ford pictures for CobraCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sydewayzLX50:
quote:

Yea i saw that episode of pass time on speed channel. That car had 175 shot of nitrous & one hell of a fuel system on a stock looking motor. I think they all guessed around 12 secs and he ran in the 9s and they were all shocked as soon as he jumped of the line. Priceless
i think he ran in the high 8's with a "B-cam" hahaha shit launced straight as hell!!

--------------------
1965 Mustang convertible
2004 Ford Lightning #0537

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here you go..... catch up.

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001886

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stangn5oh:
Well i looked at the 9/14 track post and you guys say your stock, stock heads and stock cam and run 11s 12s and up obviously, am i missing something.
How do you guys do it?

im not calling you guys out, i just wanna know if youll share those tips.

It's all in the traction. I remember seeing a guy at the track once running 12.5's all day in his white fox coupe. At the time I had a supercharged fox gt and was running low 13's, so I wanted to go see what he was working with to get in the 12's. I think he said he ran in the Factory Stock Class which has a lot of restrictions on what you can and can't do, but he popped his hood and it was pretty much stock. Stock h/c/i, stock throttle body, had the a/c still in it etc. From what I remember he had long tube headers + off road exhaust. He said he was cutting 1.6 60' times. I was more than impressed.

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Here you go..... catch up.

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001886

WOW !!! that just show's how robust our little 302's really are , awesome example .

skyline/supra killer ! [Eek!]

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock 87-93 5.0s run 10.9s with aggressive driver and about 2000lbs of weight reduction. [patriot]
Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com