Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » new best 60s on drag radials

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: new best 60s on drag radials
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First one was a 1.599 and then it just got better 1.581 '1.558 1.552 all on mickey thompson radials 275x40x17

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
auto??..boo this man!!!..lol jk any new vids?

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice 60's on the DR's. Is your Fox the White LX that was at this past grudge running high 10's?

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's the one .

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrts Barrie, you've got a hell of a car, all around now!!!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Thanks don . Wednesday night it ran 10.95 at 122 . so last night I put it on the dyno and gave it more timing and fuel and got 57 more wheel Hp out of it .let see what this heavy 3520 lbs pig will do now .3760 lbs with my big ass in it. JAEJAE don't knock the auto until u try one like this

[ June 17, 2011, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: 87 hatch ]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87 hatch:
Thanks don . Wednesday night it ran 10.95 at 122 . so last night I put it on the dyno and gave it more timing and fuel and got 57 more wheel Hp out of it .let see what this heavy 3520 lbs pig will do now .3760 lbs with my big ass in it.

Look forward to seeing the numbers!!!

--------------------

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Auto FTW haha,, nice numbers... [patriot] , get some videos up would love to see this car.

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

I will get some up soon . I'm going to trade my blower for a turbo set up .

--------------------

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I will get some up soon . I'm going to trade my blower for a turbo set up .

now your talkin barrie!!..woosh!! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Dare I say, NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. You'll never get around to doing that.....

Hoping to motivate you ;-)

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He just can't leave well enough alone. He didn't even need to put the auto in to beat my 10.84, he could have just let me drive the car.

Looks like he'll finally beat it next week.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Hey when i run a new best ET its on the motor i built with my two hands .Who built your motor ???????????? NOT U

[ June 22, 2011, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: 87 hatch ]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Hey when i run a new best ET its on the motor i built with my two hands .Who built your motor ???????????? NOT U

[Eek!]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, I wish I would have built the shortblock like you did. I probably wouldn't have had to pull it out to swap the cam already! It would have had the better oil pump the first time, the timing chain wouldn't have been hitting the oil galley plug, and it would have had the correct oil pan gasket on it. The bad cam wasn't the builder's fault though.

I didn't want the car to be down that long so having a short block show up on a crate made the job a lot quicker. I didn't have time to keep running to machine shops and I didn't have much faith in any of them around here.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

What did Barrie run [Confused]

--------------------

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Its gone a best of 10.85 at 128.5 with the 5 speed . And so far with the auto and wrong stall its ran a 10.95 at 122.6 . This thing will flash to 5600 with the blower i need a 3000 stall

[ June 24, 2011, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: 87 hatch ]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

If you could get the same mph out of it with the auto, it would go 10.35! Every mph should be worth a tenth, so if you pick up 6mph then you should pick up close to 6 tenths if you keep the good 60ft. Every 10hp should be close to a mph as well, so if you just got 57 more hp on the dyno, then you are almost there. I think at that speed it probably takes more than 10hp per mph, but you have to at least gotten half way there. I am thinking 10.70 @ 125.5mph. You should just stop right there because I plan on running a 10.69 @ 130mph if I ever get that TKO in the car. I would have to buy new ET Streets though as well and I think I might put street tires on my extra rims instead for road racing.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com