Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Planning Trip To Track - Need Some Tech Info

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Planning Trip To Track - Need Some Tech Info
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im planning a trip to Sac or Infineon Raceway in the near future and want to make sure I will pass tech before i waste the time and money trailering my car up there.

I need to know what tech is looking for in their inspection before you race?
For Instance
-Neutral safety switch,
-If runing slicks you need a driveshaft loop,
-If runing nitrous you need a blow down tube,
-need a cage at 11.5
ect. ect.

Plans are to run mid 10's time range on motor.

So what will i need to run lets say mid to low 10's

Does anyone have a checklist?

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This should get you started.

http://www.nhra.com/competition/etquickref.aspx

Hope to see an improved pass as you are about to drop off the Fast 50 list.

[ June 07, 2011, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh this is a whole new car. should go a lil faster [Wink]

you can take the other car off. its not seeing anymore racing.

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

I have everything i need to run 10's or 9's besides a parachute and neck collar

What Is considered Protective clothing for 10's?

Anyone know what other MANDATORY things i need?

Smaller stuff?

[ June 07, 2011, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: ItzStock ]

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ItzStock:
I have everything i need to run 10's or 9's besides a parachute and neck collar

What Is considered Protective clothing for 10's?

Anyone know what other MANDATORY things i need?

Smaller stuff?

Do you run a power adder? If so, what type. That will play a factor in the clothing required.
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Well i have nitrous. But will not be using it the first time to the track.

Nitrous bottle is mounted in the trunk and has a blowdown tube vented out the floor of the trunk.

With nitrous i'm hoping to be in the 9's but just mid to low 10's all motor. This will be my first time to the track in this car. So I'm not gonna be going all out. More testing than anything. Just want to make sure that i make it past tech when it comes down to it.

Was planing on going to grudge if i can get my brakes fixed. I was reading that if you don't have a neutral safety switch you wont pass tech so i wanted to ask what else could disqualify me for racing?

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

10.00 - 13.99 Vehicles with a factory firewall will need a SFI Spec 3.2A/1 jacket.

9.99 & 135+ will require 3.2A/5 jacket & pants and 3.3/1 gloves.

9.99 and below, or exceeding 135 MPH will require a neck collar.

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

So what will i need for grudge? Is it gonna be kinda like wednesday night drags? Or are they more strict on that day?
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

As long as your helmet is up to date and you have the required roll bar and single layer jacket you will be fine. Standard stuff like battery properly secured, overflow bottle, driveshaft loop, blow down tube etc....you will be fine.
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ah, I don't have any safety clothing. Cant just be a t-shirt like wednesday night haha. How about a motorcycle jacket?
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Safety first!

Summit can have a $60 SFI jacket to your door in one day.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com