Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » ORTC UPDATES FROM GEORGIA (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: ORTC UPDATES FROM GEORGIA
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A couple pics I grabbed with my phone:

-

-

[ October 25, 2010, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice..u dont have any of the launches? and is that AED's webside? AEDHP.COM is what it looks like.. [Confused]

[ October 25, 2010, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: Nastysvt ]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, at least your bringing the car back in one piece. Thats good right??
Hopefully you can get it sorted to go straight.
I cant imagine how vicious that launch must feel...me being a slow car driver and all..haha

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Thats Racing....

That Mustang blowover was F-ing NUTS!!!! 169 MPH at the 1/8th, and up and over it goes landing on, then over that wall.... CRAZY!!!!

This is a BAD day;

-

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
Here's the update for West Coast racers.

The short of it...we went out first round.

The long of it...we ran a 5.19 at 139MPH getting out of the throttle at 1.17 into the run and back into the throttle at 1.50 (out of the jug for .33 seconds). I dont think we would have had enough to beat the car we ran even if we didn't pedal considering he ran a 4.94. Had we ran that 5.1 in qualifying we would have had a weaker car in the other lane. That's racing!

Bowman ran a 5.3 in the first round but that was enough to hold off a 5.5 in the other lane.

Holder spun out of the whole and that was all she wrote.

8.5 hasn't ran yet...so Rigby, George, and Washington will be coming up soon.

Greg

Sounds like the car was MOVING! 5.19@139 in and out of the throttle! [worship]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is the same car lifting the front at the 600ft mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVD9rW4isvI

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
Here's the update for West Coast racers.

The short of it...we went out first round.

The long of it...we ran a 5.19 at 139MPH getting out of the throttle at 1.17 into the run and back into the throttle at 1.50 (out of the jug for .33 seconds). I dont think we would have had enough to beat the car we ran even if we didn't pedal considering he ran a 4.94. Had we ran that 5.1 in qualifying we would have had a weaker car in the other lane. That's racing!

Bowman ran a 5.3 in the first round but that was enough to hold off a 5.5 in the other lane.

Holder spun out of the whole and that was all she wrote.

8.5 hasn't ran yet...so Rigby, George, and Washington will be coming up soon.

Greg

Sounds like the car was MOVING! 5.19@139 in and out of the throttle! [worship]
It gave us some good data though. On my 5.13 from last year, it did a 3.37 in the 330 foot. On an earlier pass in the weekend on a smaller shot, it did a 3.35 lifting 3.19 into the run. Since I pedaled in the sixty foot, my 330 was only 3.50. Imagine if I had that .15 (and then some) back at the end...yikes!

Now...time to detune it to get down west coast tracks [Frown]

[ October 25, 2010, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have a safe trip back Greg.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
still have the davis stuff in there?

no de-tune, more testing fucker [Eek!]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
still have the davis stuff in there?

no de-tune, more testing fucker [Eek!]

Doubt I'll EVER pull 2.38 Gs in California!!!!

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com