Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » ORTC UPDATES FROM GEORGIA (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: ORTC UPDATES FROM GEORGIA
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought I'd kick off an updates thread for those interested in this race out here. The track opens in about 30 minutes...so we're on our way out. I'll try to update as often as I can.

Full schedule can be found at www.dragraceplace.com.

There will be a live feed with SEVEN CAMERAS at this race. Here are the details:

Subject: RACEVUE WILL BE DOING LIVE FEED WITH 7 CAMERAS SIGN UP NOW

Body: IF YOU SIGN UP BY FRIDAY IT WILL BE 15.95 AND IF YOU WAIT TILL THE DAY OF IT WILL BE 19.95. There will be 7 cameras. 2 burnout cameras and 5 on the track. If you want to see some bad ass racing and help cover some of the cost for doing it sign up. If you just want to bitch and complain or duck hate then u know what you can do. These guys are doing it for cost but is still around 4,000.00 for gas,hotels etc..............
Thanks and hope you guys get the live feed. For those who are interested please go to the website at the top and sign up.
Duck

Source: http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293557

Enjoy.
Greg

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best of luck you you and your team Greg, as well as all the others who made the trip east.

I wish I was able to view the live feed, but being half way around the world in the middle of no where can make it difficult.

Try to keep it off the bumper!!!

Keep us posted....

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad to see you made it. Now tear some shit up and kick some ass. -Joe

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell yeah best of luck to you and your team...its great to see somebody from our side laying the smack down..wish I had some funds and I would def b out there... [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck Greg. Put on a good show! [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Good luck Greg. Put on a good show! [burnout]

Got to the track at 8:00AM...went back to the hotel at 10:00AM and they said UPS doesn't arrive until after 12 (even for UPS overnights). No worries, I'll grab it when I get back to the hotel tonight [Wink]

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

1st day of testing is done...we matched our best 60' ever...a 1.23. The car is/was driving pretty hard to the left. We think we have that figured out, made some changes, but couldn't get back to the lanes before they closed 'em.

We have another day of TNT tomorrow...more updates to follow.

Greg

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Throw some pics our way if possible!!!

I sure wish I was out there!!!!

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn 1.23, you lucky bastard.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
1st day of testing is done...we matched our best 60' ever...a 1.23.

Greg

Pics or it didn't happen! [Wink]

--------------------
AED

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Pics tomorrow...we have an "add on" to the back of the car tomorrow that should be good for at LEAST a 1.22 [Smile]

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
Pics tomorrow...we have an "add on" to the back of the car tomorrow that should be good for at LEAST a 1.22 [Smile]

LOL!

Whatever it takes. [Wink]

Enjoy the experience. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah you put an AED Sticker on your Car makes it faster, LOL.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
Yeah you put an AED Sticker on your Car makes it faster, LOL.

AED sticker is on the car and the car pulled the best and then the new best 60' ever.

First pass 1.22
Last pass 1.21

Unfortunately, the car is pulling hard to the left. We thought we had it figured out but it did it pretty hard on the last pass. Tried to drive out of it but had to lift.

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

You guys will get it sorted out....

Congrats on the new best 60' times.

Have fun!!!

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to much preload on right rear?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Sway bar is/was supposed to be neutral and noticed last night through checking it over again that it was bound up. Got it fixed and went out for a run today to see what it would do. It went a little bit to the left (not nearly as bad) and got out of the groove about 300 feet out. I shut it down at 3.19 seconds into the run and still got a 3.35 (best ever) to the 330 foot (also another 1.21 sixty foot).

We're about to head back out in an hour or two for the final round of qualifying. We've made an adjustment to the suspension and added a lot more jet to the kits.

Pics/Vids to follow.
Greg

--------------------

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep up the good work... and keep us posted! [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Get it sorted, and put on a good show!!!
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those 60 foots are sweet man!

1.TEENS are so close!

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

There are about 75 cars in this field...very tough field. However, we were able to muster up a 5.37 @ 110. On that pass, we got another 1.21 sixty foot, and at 3.19 seconds into the run, I had to lift. Coasted through to a 3.35 to the 330 foot (best ever and was not in the throttle) and coasted through to the end.

Wolfe came over and looked at some video footage of the car as well as the chassis setup and made some changes that should correct the car going left which has been a problem all weekend. We're NOT having a problem getting the power to stay hooked up...just that we can't keep this car from trying to turn left Nascar style.

First round is up in a couple of hours...we are up against a 4.90 car first round....YIKES!

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Hopefully with Wolfe's tweaks, you can use all that power.

Best of luck man!!!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Here's the update for West Coast racers.

The short of it...we went out first round.

The long of it...we ran a 5.19 at 139MPH getting out of the throttle at 1.17 into the run and back into the throttle at 1.50 (out of the jug for .33 seconds). I dont think we would have had enough to beat the car we ran even if we didn't pedal considering he ran a 4.94. Had we ran that 5.1 in qualifying we would have had a weaker car in the other lane. That's racing!

Bowman ran a 5.3 in the first round but that was enough to hold off a 5.5 in the other lane.

Holder spun out of the whole and that was all she wrote.

8.5 hasn't ran yet...so Rigby, George, and Washington will be coming up soon.

Greg

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Thats Racing....

I hope you and your crew had a good time at least.

Looks like Bowman and Ragoza are the only ones left in the fight. Hopefully they can pull it off.

That Mustang blowover was F-ing NUTS!!!! 169 MPH at the 1/8th, and up and over it goes landing on, then over that wall.... CRAZY!!!!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

It was a tough race for the west coast cars. 1 didn't get in the show and 4 of us went out 1st round. George went out in the second round and Bowman went out in the quarter finals.

I can't believe how well this track works...and the 60 foots were just insane...across the board!

Yes, the crash was insane. It was surreal as I saw the car straight up and down as it approached the scoreboard...whew.

And my favorite highlight of the night was David Wolfe running a 4.408 to the 1/8 where they announced that he clicked the beams with the rear tires...front end was in the air!!!

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com