Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Did anyone notice Kevin Locke ...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Did anyone notice Kevin Locke ...
trbo50
¯
Member # 1671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbo50  Ford pictures for trbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
at the last West Coast Hot Rod event!!!

Hopefully he'll attend more races in the future.

Norman

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did he win?
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sure did!

I wish more of the fast guys from here would step up.

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here the pics norm

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=044232

[ October 13, 2010, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: fasthatch ]

KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nope didn't win but it sure was fun trying. The racing (for those who don't know) is 1/8th mile. I was in the True 10.5 class. Lots of real race cars in that class. I think I had the smallest engine of the lot (400ci). My car put on a decent showing seeing how this was my very first real event. Car was very consistent and as I learned to adjust the shocks to the track conditions it hooked harder and got faster. Cubic inches from my competition was just to much to overcome. I ran a best of 5.1 at 139mph during eliminations against the class champ who ran 4.78 at 158. He had over 700ci and multiple stages of nitrous available. If I try again next year it will be with either a big turbo or 2 big turbo's or an F3 with a geardrive. I'm trying to decide if the financial hit is really worth it. The class only pays $2000 to win and $1200 to the runner up. My F2 and D2 will be up for sell soon. Maybe even this new 400ci engine done by my bud Lance at CSM. Almost forgot to mention that every other car there had wheelie bars and used them. For me to compete I have to get some too.
KL

[ October 14, 2010, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: KevinL ]

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Kevin,

Glad that you were able to attend. It only gets better...its a lot of fund out there.

And I've had the luxury of being a victim of Roger Holder in my first WCHRA race.

It's worth the investment get the turbo, turbos, or F3. Hell get all three...treat them like stages [Smile]

Greg

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holder taking out aleast 4 members on the broad
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KevinL you dont post on here much, but you have to post up some pictures of this gear driven F3 project once you get it goin... a must!

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:

With Holder's win record, he's taken out a lot of members of a lot of boards [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:

With Holder's win record, he's taken out a lot of members of a lot of boards [Smile]
yes he has with the nova an now with the camaro
i think holder just prints money the way he spends it

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it a dark orange/copper 70 nova white sticker on it?

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by 8stang8:
Is it a dark orange/copper 70 nova white sticker on it?

he from bako an he sold it to someone
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

this who yall talkn about?

[ October 16, 2010, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: 8stang8 ]

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 8stang8:
this who yall talkn about?

no, that is rich zehring's old car, he runs outlaw 10.5

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com