Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 12.01 @ 117.9 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 12.01 @ 117.9
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
First time out in the cobra.. YEEEEEEE!!!!!!

1.72 60 foot. Bfg street radials.

I want an 11 second pass BAD!!!!!

Congrats on your ET. I ran a similar time with over 100 less rwhp...... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

Congrats on your ET. I ran a similar time with over 100 less rwhp...... [Big Grin]
I know, after 2 or so years of having that car. I'm waiting to see what you run in that cobra of yours....

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I'll take experince over hp any day
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know, after 2 or so years of having that car. I'm waiting to see what you run in that cobra of yours....
And in those 3 years since i did all that work to it i have only been to the track with it 2-3 times.. I orderd a new driveshaft so i should be back soon. Cobra will probably never see the track again...

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

lol, nice jab, but 12.01 with 370rwhp is nothing to brag about [Razz]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And in those 3 years since i did all that work to it i have only been to the track with it 2-3 times.. I orderd a new driveshaft so i should be back soon. Cobra will probably never see the track again...
Yeah man I'm hoping I can get my 11 now so I don't have to take it back and risk breaking it. Next time you come out here let me know. I never seem to make it to the track @ the same time you do.

What happened the first time you ran the cobra? my 2nd pass I forgot the traction control was on.......... yeaaaahh you know the rest

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
quote:

for only goin to the track twice in the 3 years i had the setup it's not too bad actually, i know it will be faster when i get more ass in the seat time. if a bottom 12 sec timeslip is nothin to brag about with 370rwhp the n doin it with damn near 500rwhp is pathetic! ha ha ha!

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

for only goin to the track twice in the 3 years i had the setup it's not too bad actually, i know it will be faster when i get more ass in the seat time. if a bottom 12 sec timeslip is nothin to brag about with 370rwhp the n doin it with damn near 500rwhp is pathetic! ha ha ha!
You said it, not me... lol

Like anything there is a learning curve and 50deep will be running low 11's in no time if he keeps at it, I'm sure.

--------------------
Stangless

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We should race.
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Time slip or bullshit, this should put you #27 on the list right?
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Hahah I have the time slip, video and witnesses.

Found out I did have a misfire on my #4 cylinder. Looks like I may have been shooting myself in the foot all night.

East Bay 50 I wouldn't get too excited. Neither one of your cars will touch mine right now. When you decide to pull one out you will get your personal 477rwhp spanking

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:

Found out I did have a misfire on my #4 cylinder. Looks like I may have been shooting myself in the foot all night.

East Bay 50 I wouldn't get too excited. Neither one of your cars will touch mine right now. When you decide to pull one out you will get your personal 477rwhp spanking

I would never in a million years let some fat white girls lovin Kanye west look a like beat me! [Big Grin] Why the hell does your "brand new" super duper built motor have a misfire? WTF? You will get your beating soon enough. remember, this is gonna be run what you brung style ok?

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:

I would never in a million years let some fat white girls lovin Kanye west look a like beat me! [Big Grin] Why the hell does your "brand new" super duper built motor have a misfire? WTF? You will get your beating soon enough. remember, this is gonna be run what you brung style ok?
Simple as a faulty stock coil pack. Nothing that will prevent me from whomping on you. Don't come out tryna hook up your nitrous system in the trunk. If your already looking to the bottle to save you then I guess someones a little worried...... [Big Grin]

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What made you think you had a misfire? You never mentioned anything last night.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I ran a 10.90 @ 126 with 384 rwp is that good [Confused] ?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
What made you think you had a misfire? You never mentioned anything last night.

Lately when the car is cold it would idle rough for a few minutes till it warmed up. Though it was the cold air/fuel being off from the cams. this being the first night I put my foot into the car it threw a misfire in cylinder 4 code today. Which explains my rough idle at warm up and maybe why my MPH was low. Gonna check the coil & plug tonight

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Crossing my fingers its a coil, plug, or wire T.

Good luck!

--------------------
Stangless

LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Good luck!

AED built it so it should be good!

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No worries T.
If it's something we did, we'll take care of it. [Wink]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Good luck!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it is definitely not a plug wire. [Razz]

Really though, 03/04 Cobras are just like any other COP equipt Ford. Coils go bad all the time. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

I have full faith and confidence it my motor coming from AED.

Plus my car will never be fast enough for CA Fords until I can get to the moon and back in under 10 seconds [Razz]

--------------------

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"50 deep breaking 03/04 cobras"...haha jk hope you resolve the issue [Smile]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Sweet! I built the motor in that little white capri that was out there....how did it run??

I heard 11.6s??

Dan that little thing was gettn down out there. Didn't look like much unti it started moving. It was on spray from what I heard right?
Yeah low budget deal with decent numbers and a fun 100% street car,just like yours but about 100hp and 120ft short at the rear wheels of what you make lol.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
03Sn8k3
¯
Member # 8170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03Sn8k3  Ford pictures for 03Sn8k3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what mod's do you have I have gone 11.8 1.95 on nittos and 11.53 1.78 on hoosier's now with 500hp I go to the track,the car hook's and break's a half shaft's 3 times so I have not break my 11.5 record?jet

--------------------
NO JK

Posts: 519 | From: Bay Area,Ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

I'm making 477/502 at the wheel right now. Still learning the car. The fear of breaking half shafts is what keeps my launches soft. Haha.

You running a ported blower or just pullied down with all the bolt ons?

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com