Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 12.01 @ 117.9 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 12.01 @ 117.9
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First time out in the cobra.. YEEEEEEE!!!!!!

1.72 60 foot. Bfg street radials.

I want an 11 second pass BAD!!!!!

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] good stuff

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn T, sounds like you started making smaller sandwiches!!!

Congrats, thats pretty respectable for the 1st time out...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup Congrats Big T. I was coaching him up all night. He worked his way down from a 12.8 on his first pass, all the way down to the 12.01 @ 117.9. Little better launch and quicker shifting and that 11.99 will come. [patriot]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn! That's getting out of the hole for a heavy IRS equipped car like that. Great times. I'll get the GXP out to the track one of these months.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah whatever shifter I have on this car is junk. The throws are long and really mushy. I can't wait to get an MGW for it and try things back out. My launches were a little soft too. I wasn't letting the clutch out enough like I should. But next time I will see how things go

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Yeah whatever shifter I have on this car is junk. The throws are long and really mushy. I can't wait to get an MGW for it and try things back out. My launches were a little soft too. I wasn't letting the clutch out enough like I should. But next time I will see how things go

You need to get some slicks on that beeotch & pull a 1.5X out the hole!!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
Yup Congrats Big T. I was coaching him up all night. He worked his way down from a 12.8 on his first pass, all the way down to the 12.01 @ 117.9. Little better launch and quicker shifting and that 11.99 will come. [patriot]

Matt bro you know your drag racing and that's for sure. Thanks for helpn me out man

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I'm getting ready to order an MGW shifter for the GXP. I'll have it installed when the tranny is out for the clutch upgrade.

Once again, strong work for first time out.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats man that car is sick maybe the antenna kept you out of the 11's!
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:

...or the spare tire.

...or the jack.

...or the cigarette lighter.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:

...or the spare tire.

...or the jack.

...or the cigarette lighter.

Nope it was the antenna LOL

-

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
saw it out there tonight good job man. and if you didnt ride the clutch that much it would of went up in tire smoke. good job
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Thanks fellas. My first pass of the night was that 12.8 @ 113 and worked my way down from there. 12secws6 were you racing tonight? Or was that you I talked too in that silver GT?

Epik man I threw caution to the wind tonight and was launching that thing @ 4500rpm. I can see axles snapping at the thought of slicks

Iceman302 Yeah whenever you plan on going to the track let me know. Chad and Scott were there in the GM Muscle. Not many or any Pontiacs out so you need to represent

Lethl 03 Thanks man. Can't wait to see what yours does once you get all your work done

Fstryde03 You know chicks dig guys with big antennas

[Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
You know chicks dig guys with big antennas

[Razz] [Big Grin]

Damn. Its a good thing I'm already married then.

-

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
powershift that beootch [burnout]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

dTb
¯
Member # 6939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dTb  Ford pictures for dTb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That shit seems kinda slow to be fast enuff to eat up most things on the street...it mite give the fifty a run for it's money but iono...lol...maybe with me driving it it woulda been faster...

--------------------
dTb

Posts: 568 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T, slicks can often be more forgiving to axles than a DR. I have actually known more people to snap axles on DRs than on slicks.

It has to do with the sidewall. Slicks have a very soft energy absorbing sidewall that will flex and wrinkle. The DR has a very stiff sidewall and soft tread.

Good Luck reaching the 10's [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dat muffucka fasss!! Hahah right on playa! GL reaching the 11s, not like you need it, its damn near there, just needs some coaxing.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet! I built the motor in that little white capri that was out there....how did it run??

I heard 11.6s??

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Sweet! I built the motor in that little white capri that was out there....how did it run??

I heard 11.6s??

Dan that little thing was gettn down out there. Didn't look like much unti it started moving. It was on spray from what I heard right?

--------------------

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
T, slicks can often be more forgiving to axles than a DR. I have actually known more people to snap axles on DRs than on slicks.

*cough cough* yup [Embarrassed]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good shit T

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks fellas. My first pass of the night was that 12.8 @ 113 and worked my way down from there. 12secws6 were you racing tonight? Or was that you I talked too in that silver GT?

Na man i work out there. I was bouncing around all over the place. I used to run a silver slightly "built" zx-10 and a stock 01 ws6 back in the day.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com