Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » sac raceway??? 7/21

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sac raceway??? 7/21
wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wht2000gt  Ford pictures for wht2000gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone going to be out there tomorrow for some Wednesday night fun?
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Wink]

[ July 23, 2010, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: threethirty1 ]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was out there last night. Couldn't get my 60 ft better than a 1.7X for some reason.

My best run last night was a 12.86 @108.39 with a 1.72 60 ft. This was after hot lapping the car BTW.

I need to work on my timing off the line, because I think I am not stabbing the gas quick enough after I dump the clutch Im pretty sure even though I have stiff road race suspension, I can still get the 60 ft down to a high 1.5X with a better launch technique. I think I'm gonna try revving out the gears a bit longer next time to 6600-6700 rpms & see if it makes the trap speed go up at all. I am currently shifting the car around 6300-6500 rpms.

I let Purple Coupe run my car on the last run, & he pulled a 12.82 @108 with a 1.66 sixty...

[ July 22, 2010, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by threethirty1:
No one on here races they just compare dyno numbers.

Then run 12.8's on race slicks.

With a 10 mph tail wind.

lol

[Wink]

Nothing wrong with running 12.8 on drag slicks if your car is slow like mine, & your a track noob like me LOL...

[ July 22, 2010, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dustin, what are you launchign at the Mach1 at and when will we see the fox back out there?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Dustin, what are you launchign at the Mach1 at and when will we see the fox back out there?

About 5500-6000. I want to get the fox back out there, but need to do something about the passenger side tailpipe rubbing badly on the slicks.

--------------------

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

About 5500-6000. I want to get the fox back out there, but need to do something about the passenger side tailpipe rubbing badly on the slicks.
6k??dang thats crazy..do you powershift?do you have a stock shifter?
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Any exhaust shop should take car of that in 10min and $20. They will heat the tailpipe at the muffler and pull the tailpipe away from the tire with a crowbar to get that inch of clearance.

--------------------
Stangless

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
quote:
quote:

You gotta launch above 5k on slicks, or the car will bog, even with 4.10's. No power shifting, & I have an MGW shifter.

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Dustin, when you launch at 6K, is the car hooking or spinning.

It seems to me with a 6-6.5K launch, you should be in the 1.59-1.69 range at your power level.

Also, when you launch, the gas pedal should be going to the floor at the same time you dump the clutch.

--------------------
Stangless

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Dustin, when you launch at 6K, is the car hooking or spinning.

It seems to me with a 6-6.5K launch, you should be in the 1.59-1.69 range at your power level.

Also, when you launch, the gas pedal should be going to the floor at the same time you dump the clutch.

I'm pretty sure its hooking, its just my timing is a bit off when dumping the clutch. Remember though, on my 1st time out, I did manage to pull a 1.68 sixty, & Zack also pulled a 1.66 sixty last wed. My car has no weight transfer though either with the way the suspension is setup.

[ July 24, 2010, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

If you are not overpowering those slicks and you have shown that the car can do 1.66-1.68, I would not worry about weight transfer at this point.

--------------------
Stangless

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You gotta launch above 5k on slicks, or the car will bog, even with 4.10's. No power shifting, & I have an MGW shifter.
how do you like your shifter??next time maybe if you can get a in car camera...that would be sick.
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

how do you like your shifter??next time maybe if you can get a in car camera...that would be sick.
The MGW is nice, its my trans that is a POS!!! In car camera would be sweet, I dont even have a video camera though.

--------------------

wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wht2000gt  Ford pictures for wht2000gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The MGW is nice, its my trans that is a POS!!! In car camera would be sweet, I dont even have a video camera though.
You going to be out there this Wednesday?
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by 94tealgt:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You going to be out there this Wednesday?
Not too sure at this point, I might be though.

--------------------

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wana go but im trying to figuire out this fuel trim situation
wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

Figure it out and let's roll. What's going on with it? Is it still cutting out on you?
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well that ended up bein the fuel pump I changed the pump and filter then 2 u2 sensors did a furl injector cleaner things got better car runs good but the PCM is tryin to add 16 print fuel long term I have no vacuum leaks and checked everything I dnt understand why I t could be leanstill and. I have a food maf

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com