Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 7-14 sac

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 7-14 sac
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is anyone going to be out there for mustang night [patriot]

[ July 09, 2010, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: Cstang50 ]

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am sure you don't mean next year.....7/14??

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89bluenotch:
I am sure you don't mean next year.....7/14??

Lol i have been doin that all month for some reason [Confused]

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be out there. Just finished installing my caltracs today. It'll be nice not having wheel hop. Hopefully cut down my 60ft times once I get the preloaded set on the traction bars.
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
I'll be out there. Just finished installing my caltracs today. It'll be nice not having wheel hop. Hopefully cut down my 60ft times once I get the preloaded set on the traction bars.

let me know how those cal tracks work..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea, I'm curious on them too. I drove it around town today and when I got on the gas the car didnt have any weight transfer. Just shot forward. I wonder if I should take the preload out of the bars. I put a 1/4 turn on each side. That 1/4 turn was the general consensus based on the web research I did.
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Well I improved a little bit. I got my 60ft down to 1.963 seconds. Broke out on the second round running a 12.78@112. The power was definitely down due to the heat out there. I also felt the clutch slipping all thru 1st so I'll readjust that for some more grip and hopefully cut the 60ft down some more.
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

yeah it was hot today couldn't get my Car to hook very well but did run my best mph 11.8 at 125.8 but only cut a 1.74 60ft

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so do you think the caltrack was worth it?

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Yea, my car had some bad wheel hop before. The cars feels much safer/predictable when warming the tires up and taking off. I got the low profile ones too so you can hardly see them. They are pricey.

You can make your own but from what I read the materials to make them will cost $180 and that's if you have all the right tools to make them.

I was looking at the slide a links too but when I went to infineon raceway and took a look at the cars, the majority of them had the caltracs.

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm using comp engineering slide a links and I still need to work on getting them adjusted right. I did feel in improvement over just traction bars.

What front springs u got in ur 64 1/2?

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

I have the gt springs with a coil cut out of them.
Wicked Motorsports
¯
Member # 8702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wicked Motorsports  Ford pictures for Wicked Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Well I improved a little bit. I got my 60ft down to 1.963 seconds. Broke out on the second round running a 12.78@112. The power was definitely down due to the heat out there. I also felt the clutch slipping all thru 1st so I'll readjust that for some more grip and hopefully cut the 60ft down some more.

How much gap did you leave on the bushing on each side 1/8 or more....?

--------------------
92Fobra GT40/E303/BBK/Mac's (sold)
89notch 306HO/TFS1/BBK lt's
89CHP 331/5spd/LT's/LM1's (RIP)
65 331/HCI/TCI trans/SOLD

Posts: 2604 | From: 831salinas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

no gap, preloaded 1/4 turn each side.
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

So I got my 60ft times down to 1.8 seconds wednesday and a new best E.T. of 12.75 seconds. I'm starting to get a feel for the caltracs but I need to start playing around with tire pressures. I had them down to 22lbs but I was still getting tire spin.

Made about 6 passes and was about to do a 7th pass and then the engine started making some weird noises. The car then starting smoking out the hood and then inside the car so I pulled it out of the staging area and it was leaking fluid everywhere. Thought I blew the headgasket since it was wet all under the car around the engine block. Turns out I blew one of the high pressure lines on the power steering power valve right next to the header. What a freakin mess!! That crap sprayed everywhere! Spent the whole evening replacing the lines and cleaning everything up. This might of been part of the reason for the tire spin.

I'll take a blown hose over a blown headgasket anyday though. [Big Grin]

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will have the mystic out there on wens..Look forward to seeing you guys there

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com