Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Looking for a friendly race (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Looking for a friendly race
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobraChick:
If your car is going to do 11s why would you put in your thread that it needs to be 12.9s or faster? If you cars doing 11s then you should say 11s or faster not 12.9 lol

Welcome to CA Fords...
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
If your car is going to do 11s why would you put in your thread that it needs to be 12.9s or faster? If you cars doing 11s then you should say 11s or faster not 12.9 lol

I have never run it so I figured 12's was a safe guesse but based on all the magazine articles i should be atleast 2 seconds faster then stock.
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

welcome to streetracing an hope you brung enuff to win
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
catback and intake will make your car 2sec faster? is this on street tires too or you running slicks

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look at this, just searched for "fastest tb ss" - pretty sweet. check out the trap speed and the curb weight [Eek!]

*edit* need the damned link ... lol

http://www.nationalspeedinc.com/news/worlds-fastest-trailblazer-ss-for-sale/

[ April 02, 2010, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: phil a ]

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i didnt have time to read all the post but i read the first on the third page so ir ur truck running 12.90s or into the 11s. or u want a easy race. im confused. if ur running in the 11s ill run for fun at the track i should be out there next week if the weather permits it

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Posts: 1650 | From: Modesto ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
I'll run you with my family car.

Thats a race!
Done. I'm planning to be out at Sac Raceway on the 17th.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by trickflow211:
i think the trailblazer would take the gxp! would be a clean race thought!!. but ill race u once i get my tranny in...i should be somewhere in the high 12s...havnt tracked my car yet.

Do you even know what a stock GXP runs? I used to own an '07 TBSS. I had a few mods on it and it was not as quick as my GXP was when it was stock... and it ain't stock now.

I'll put it to you this way. I hope that CAI and exhaust he's running added 200hp because if it didn't, he'll be hard pressed to even get a glance of my kids' car seats in the back as I blow past him.

[ April 02, 2010, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will put my money on the GXP! Too bad I will be out of the state that weekend. Dave, be sure to leave the kid seats installed!!!
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
I will put my money on the GXP! Too bad I will be out of the state that weekend. Dave, be sure to leave the kid seats installed!!!

Thanks, Shawn! It sucks that you'll be out of town. I'm trying to get the rear suspension wrapped up before then. I hope the weather is good.

Maybe I'll even put some life-like dolls in the seats and see what the tech inspector does.

[ April 02, 2010, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Thanks, Shawn! It sucks that you'll be out of town. I'm trying to get the rear suspension wrapped up before then. I hope the weather is good.

Maybe I'll even put some life-like dolls in the seats and see what the tech inspector does.

lmao! do it that would be great

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
catback and intake will make your car 2sec faster? is this on street tires too or you running slicks

Street tires.
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trickflow211:
i think the trailblazer would take the gxp! would be a clean race thought!!. but ill race u once i get my tranny in...i should be somewhere in the high 12s...havnt tracked my car yet.

Do you even know what a stock GXP runs? I used to own an '07 TBSS. I had a few mods on it and it was not as quick as my GXP was when it was stock... and it ain't stock now.

I'll put it to you this way. I hope that CAI and exhaust he's running added 200hp because if it didn't, he'll be hard pressed to even get a glance of my kids' car seats in the back as I blow past him.

i got you covered by atleast a car length easy.
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

quote:

Ill take that bet. How much?
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I have never run it so I figured 12's was a safe guesse but based on all the magazine articles i should be atleast 2 seconds faster then stock.
hhmm based on a couple magazines there are stock 5.0's in the 12's, but not everyone is doing it
[Wink]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

If it is written it must be true. Look at F/S. All stock 5.0's runnig low 10's spinning 9k rpm. I got you guys covered easy. 6 liter has to make more power then your 5 liter engines.
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

I forgot to add that i am adding one of those shorty antennas. /my cousin said i should pick up a tenth or two do to teh decrease in drag. So i guess i should say 12.70's or better.
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
If it is written it must be true. Look at F/S. All stock 5.0's runnig low 10's spinning 9k rpm. I got you guys covered easy. 6 liter has to make more power then your 5 liter engines.

If you are refering to "F/S" as NMRA Factory Stock cars, you should do a little more research. The quickest "F/S" car in the country recently ran a 10.89. And that was with E7 heads... although, you can hardly classify those cars with the word "stock" at all! That is no easy feat, and I know they are no where near 9K. Your SS may be quick, but I think you are about to bite off more than you can chew saying you will take Dave's GXP by more than a car length with the mods you listed for your SS.

[ April 03, 2010, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
I forgot to add that i am adding one of those shorty antennas. /my cousin said i should pick up a tenth or two do to teh decrease in drag. So i guess i should say 12.70's or better.

lol you should add stickers. they add more hp. oh and if you up grade your muffler bearing the would be good for 10's all day.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Only hit me up if you run 12.90's or better unless you want to get sawed off.

ROFL! I just spit my fruit loops all over the screen!

[ April 03, 2010, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FREE POST

[ April 03, 2010, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:

Ill take that bet. How much?
Count me in. Count 'em out. How much are we talking?

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:

If you are refering to "F/S" as NMRA Factory Stock cars, you should do a little more research. The quickest "F/S" car in the country recently ran a 10.89. And that was with E7 heads... although, you can hardly classify those cars with the word "stock" at all! That is no easy feat, and I know they are no where near 9K. Your SS may be quick, but I think you are about to bite off more than you can chew saying you will take Dave's GXP by more than a car length with the mods you listed for your SS.
What Shawn said. Assuming that you're being truthful about your mods, you're the one that's going to get sawed off.

[ April 03, 2010, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

What Shawn said. Assuming that you're being truthful about your mods, you're the one that's going to get sawed off.
frist an only rule in gruge racing straight up lie about your combo
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
quote:
quote:

frist an only rule in gruge racing straight up lie about your combo
The second and only rule would be know your competition. My car is an open book. I would be certain to check over his ride before any money was laid down. Why do you think I added "assuming that you're being truthful about your mods"? Its pretty clear that he's hiding something. Either that or he just acting like a fool thinking he could beat my GXP with a basically stock TBSS.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com