Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Team SOLO presents...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Team SOLO presents...
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After months of not knowing what I was going to do with the black car, and after realizing we realllllly wanted to race this season, 5 weeks ago project "Git 'er dun" began. After a week at the body shop, 2 weeks in the fab shop, and 2 weeks at my house, we finally have the car race ready. It wasn't cheap, it wasn't easy...but it's back.

That's not the only change. We've decided to try out something different this season and we're changing classes. The black car is going to debut in WCHRA's Drag Radial class this weekend. Yes, that means the car is now on a set of 275 M/T drag radials and those little sticks out the back are gone...

Huge thanks to everyone that helped to get the car going...Jim Harris, A & Wiltz Auto Body, DJ, my brother Gary, Manny from Five Point Tires, Adam Calderon from Calderon tires, and Chris Alston Jr..

We leave in the AM for tomorrow's test and tune session which is at 2:00PM. Come on by the pits and say hi if you are out there...

-

-

-

[ March 25, 2010, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats that thing is super sick [worship] [worship] [worship]
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car looks a lot better! [patriot] I will stop by and say hi on Sat.
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck yeah!! you guys got that bitch lookin good! Ill see you guys this weekend down there!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
look's good an that's doing that's doing it big in 5 weeks an good luck this weekend
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good Greg! I will stop by this weekend and check out the updates. Best of luck on the DR!!!
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck out there!

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car looks great Greg. Wish you much success this season!
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heard greg was putting on the bumper today with 1.28 60ft with the rear tires
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How is he doing?

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On Friday, the car left wheels up (much to high). During qualifying, we played with suspension and the tune up to tame it down and ended up spinning the tire on three attempts.

We were able to get a clean launch/leave during first round of eliminations today, but lost. The good news is that we learned some things through trial and error and have some ideas of what we need to do next time out.

Glad to be back...that's for sure.

[ March 28, 2010, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good to see you back in business. Best wishes.
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
car is looking sweet

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what was the combo if you dont mind me asking, i thought i remembered seeing something about that it used to have a chevy motor in it but i cant remember.. beautiful car !
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89foxstang:
used to have a chevy motor in it

still does! [Whoo Whooooo!]
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
poor car i wonder does it feel like a cross dresser.im sure it wants to drive itself off a cliff [Confused]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by 89foxstang:
what was the combo if you dont mind me asking, i thought i remembered seeing something about that it used to have a chevy motor in it but i cant remember.. beautiful car !

Combo is a 436" SBC built by S&S Automotive with two direct port nitrous systems from Induction Solutions. It has a powerglide transmission and an 8.8 rearend.

It's a stock suspension car that has only seen a 28x10.5 ET Drag slick on it until about a month ago when we began testing on the 275 drag radial.

After finding an issue with the instant center of the car, we've made some changes and will be out testing again soon. In testing last weekend, we got our second best 60' ever in the car, a 1.25.

--------------------

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] s&s auto dave and rick has been a family friends for a long time!

[worship] team solo for a badd ass motor that i have gotten to see at the shop here in san leandro [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:

It's a stock suspension car that has only seen a 28x10.5 ET Drag slick on it until about a month ago when we began testing on the 275 drag radial.

So what suspension mods do you have done to the car?
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by ItzStock:
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:

So what suspension mods do you have done to the car?
The front is pretty standard parts - tubular k-member and a-arms, manual rack, and bump steer kit. Just recently we updated to the double adjustable Varishock coil-over struts as well.

The back has seen many different parts througout the years. Currently, I'm running a set of Team Z uppers and lowers with a stock V8 spring and a pair of Afco double adjustable shocks.

--------------------

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
poor car i wonder does it feel like a cross dresser.im sure it wants to drive itself off a cliff [Confused]

LOL!

Wicked looking car though.

[ May 03, 2010, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:

LOL!

Wicked looking car though.

what!! [Eek!] 50daddy likes a fox with a chevy motor this is better then when we had ppl that work at sizzler sing happy birthday to him on his birthday [burnout]

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com