Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » who's going to sac this wed 3/24/10 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: who's going to sac this wed 3/24/10
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
had a horrible night.. still have alot of bugs to work out... I need some more practice and about 20 degrees warmer... nice meeting all you guys...

I didn't get to talk to you, but you have a good looking car!

Better luck next time. [patriot]

yeah i wanted to jump in your heated truck..lol.. looked nice and toasty in there... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Nice MPH Drew!!!

What were the 60' times on the 37's, and at what ET?

Out of the four runs on the smaller tune my best pass was this;

60FT- 1.759
ET- 13.457
MPH- 100.710

I made one pass on the bigger tune that was;

60FT- 1.884 <-----whole truck bounce off the gound wheel hop [Eek!]
ET- 13.309
MPH- 103.917

Thats bad ass man! Whens the propane injection coming?!

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
Interceptor Eliminator
¯
Member # 9663

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Interceptor Eliminator  Ford pictures for Interceptor Eliminator    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 68dustin:
[qb] had a horrible night.. still have alot of bugs to work out... I need some more practice and about 20 degrees warmer... nice meeting all you guys...

did u still have wobble on the way home?

--------------------
1990 LX Hatch50 4SALE
1996 Mustang GT
2003 Mustang Mach1
2004 Mustang Cobra
1994 F250 460 4x4

Posts: 42 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Nice MPH Drew!!!

What were the 60' times on the 37's, and at what ET?

Out of the four runs on the smaller tune my best pass was this;

60FT- 1.759
ET- 13.457
MPH- 100.710

I made one pass on the bigger tune that was;

60FT- 1.884 <-----whole truck bounce off the gound wheel hop [Eek!]
ET- 13.309
MPH- 103.917

Thats bad ass man! Whens the propane injection coming?!
Propane is for old diesels. This truck is getting nitrous. [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Interceptor Eliminator:
[qb] had a horrible night.. still have alot of bugs to work out... I need some more practice and about 20 degrees warmer... nice meeting all you guys...

no, it ran fine on the way home... im going to work on some softer suspension..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Interceptor Eliminator:

no, it ran fine on the way home... im going to work on some softer suspension..
So what did she run? What kind of things were going wrong?

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

i couldnt keep the ass straight at higher speeds.. around 70 or so it started fish tailing...

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm thinking the sway is because your running radials upfront and the bias-ply in the rear. I did some reading on it and some other people have the same problem mixing the two tire types. The bias-ply tires have a much softer sidewall compared to the radial.

Get some skinnies for the front or switch to drag radials and it should go away.

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i couldnt keep the ass straight at higher speeds.. around 70 or so it started fish tailing...

Was this your first time on slicks?

--------------------
AED

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What PSI were you running in the slicks?
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

i started off at 15 then 12psi...

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
quote:

Was this your first time on slicks?
yeah... im use to my little 45 series nitto's

--------------------

Member # 9836

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9604209  Ford pictures for 9604209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was out there, red little 96 mustang..couldn't really get it to hook since it was cold but best run of the night 12.3 @ 116..need some slicks or better tires.
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9604209:
I was out there, red little 96 mustang..couldn't really get it to hook since it was cold but best run of the night 12.3 @ 116..need some slicks or better tires.

your Car is nice man what all do you have done to it [burnout]

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
I'm thinking the sway is because your running radials upfront and the bias-ply in the rear. I did some reading on it and some other people have the same problem mixing the two tire types. The bias-ply tires have a much softer sidewall compared to the radial.

Get some skinnies for the front or switch to drag radials and it should go away.

This is an excuse that rookies came up with a long time ago. The simple fact of the matter is that when it's your first time on slicks the car is going to feel funny on the top end of the track. [Smile]

--------------------
AED

Jessie P
¯
Member # 7073

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessie P  Ford pictures for Jessie P    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

This is an excuse that rookies came up with a long time ago. The simple fact of the matter is that when it's your first time on slicks the car is going to feel funny on the top end of the track. [Smile]
So then what do you suggest? Maybe alittle insight would help him out?

--------------------
Member of The Track Legion
Know Your Worth... Expect Nothing Less

Posts: 594 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What would you suggest?
And what brings YOU to this neck of the woods?

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

i got a few things to get..im rolling on a 12 sec car with drum brakes still..lol.. so when i get the brakes next week i will feel a little more comfortable.

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Jessie P:
quote:
quote:

So then what do you suggest? Maybe alittle insight would help him out?
Honestly, the best way to get use to the feeling of the back of your car "walking around" when on slicks is to drive to the track on them. You will feel all the groves in the road with the rear tires, but not the fronts due to the weak bias ply side walls of the slicks. Over a little time you will get the feel of what is going on and start correcting for it. The reason I think its best to get use to this on the highway is that you are at speed, but not necessarily excelerating hard. It lets you get a feel for what is going on at a little slower pace.

JMI! [burnout]

--------------------
AED

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

they are not full slicks they are et streets. I did drive up there with them already on, but i know what you mean. I think it's just going to take time getting use to it. i will be back next month with new steering box & disc brakes

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Could be a rookie thing that people complain about when running slicks. There might be some truth about it though too. Hey, it would make a good mythbusters episode. [burnout]

I ran some slicks for the first time ever wednesday but I didnt feel any difference from my street tires on the top end. Mine are the MT drag radials. I only got 3 runs in before somebody decided to oil down the track though so I didnt get much testing on them.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
had a horrible night.. still have alot of bugs to work out... I need some more practice and about 20 degrees warmer... nice meeting all you guys...

What did you run? Don't be shy! lol

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:

What did you run? Don't be shy! lol
13.8 at 84 [Eek!] i think he was scared Jk

[ March 30, 2010, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Cstang50 ]

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is anyone going to the track tomorrow? I still haven't got too see for myself what our Cobra runs..... The guy who owned it before us said he did 11.8 at the redding track..... but he is also a REALLY good driver

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

quote:
Originally posted by Wifeys03Cobra:
Is anyone going to the track tomorrow? I still haven't got too see for myself what our Cobra runs..... The guy who owned it before us said he did 11.8 at the redding track..... but he is also a REALLY good driver

Looks like rain for Wednesday.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com