Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 12.8 @ 111 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 12.8 @ 111
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blkfoxbody89:
I only put down 3 runs.. [Frown] my fuel pressure decided to near flatline on my burnout for my last run and I stalled it [Roll Eyes] . then muffed 2nd baaaad. then broke down on the way home due to bad fuel pump relay, fun..

but anyway I managed to pull a (12.91 @110 w/ 1.91 sixty) so add me to the list of people you need to race T. I was in the blue n silver 2tone.

bwt- nice car MikeD, very clean and tastefully done. Same with you 50deep.

Hey thanks bro! What tires were you running man? I liked your ride too. Whats your combo?

[ February 18, 2010, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: MikeD. ]

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i guess u gotta runs 12's n faster to get noticed and complimented lol

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cstang50:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
congrats to both of you guys, Kanye and Dustin. I think I need to go out there and practice again. my best time in my car was a 12.5 at 111mph but I noticed that my mph is 88 on my timeslip at where it says mph (13) and kanyes and Dustins is at 83mph. I guess I must not be shifting fast enough or something cause i would think i should be bottom 12's or high 11's with 370rwhp [Frown] I suck! lol

was that you in the black coupe
Nah, I did not go last night. I went last year. I think I just need more practice. at one point my mph is 5mph faster then Kanyes but my final trap speed is the same. either my car just falls on its face or I suck at driving! [Frown] I think I might need someone who knows what they are doing to drive my car for me, so i will be looking for volunteers! [Big Grin]

[ February 18, 2010, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
congrats to both of you guys, Kanye and Dustin. I think I need to go out there and practice again. my best time in my car was a 12.5 at 111mph but I noticed that my mph is 88 on my timeslip at where it says mph (13) and kanyes and Dustins is at 83mph. I guess I must not be shifting fast enough or something cause i would think i should be bottom 12's or high 11's with 370rwhp [Frown] I suck! lol

Nah, I did not go last night. I went last year. I think I just need more practice. at one point my mph is 5mph faster then Kanyes but my final trap speed is the same. either my car just falls on its face or I suck at driving! [Frown] I think I might need someone who knows what they are doing to drive my car for me, so i will be looking for volunteers! [Big Grin]
No foo. I told you my car was faster than yours. Hahah. Lil 306 gettn ya all worried. When I learn to drive this thing its a wrap

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
quote:
I only put down 3 runs.. [Frown] my fuel pressure decided to near flatline on my burnout for my last run and I stalled it [Roll Eyes] . then muffed 2nd baaaad. then broke down on the way home due to bad fuel pump relay, fun..

but anyway I managed to pull a (12.91 @110 w/ 1.91 sixty) so add me to the list of people you need to race T. I was in the blue n silver 2tone.

Hey thanks bro! What tires were you running man? I liked your ride too. Whats your combo?
I was running some 275 et streets at 18psi. with basic H/c/i combo on stock bottom end. I think if I upgraded to 24#rs and changed my intake manifold.. I may be able to squeeze a little more out of it. along with some practice on my boggin arse launches. these slicks are tricky for my first time at the track with em.

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SPTVENM:
i guess u gotta runs 12's n faster to get noticed and complimented lol

your car makes is nice bro [patriot] it takes a lot of practice with a 17 dr.

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was running some 275 et streets at 18psi. with basic H/c/i combo on stock bottom end. I think if I upgraded to 24#rs and changed my intake manifold.. I may be able to squeeze a little more out of it. along with some practice on my boggin arse launches. these slicks are tricky for my first time at the track with em.
I have only ran drag radials once, and they were trickey. Im sure if I ran some I could break 12's.. and my trans at the same time [Smile] Im getting some next week, so well see!

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have only ran drag radials once, and they were trickey. Im sure if I ran some I could break 12's.. and my trans at the same time [Smile] Im getting some next week, so well see!
yeah I'm worried bout my trans now too.. pops out of 2nd when I dont hold it and doesn't go into 5th over 120 mph [Razz] . plus my stock clutch isn't going to hold up much longer.. gotta pay to play I guess.,

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
Congrats to both Terrance and Dustin [patriot]

For basically being rookies out there you guys did well. First time for both you being on a sticky tire too. Zack and I told you guys about all the little things that will help you out, they are so important! Let me just say that I could see the disappointment on both of your faces throughout the night, But as soon as you seen the potential of your cars after myself and Zack hopped in the seat you guys were juiced! Thats one of the reasons why I decided to give it a try for ya T. It takes time to learn to launch on those 17in. DR's. They have no sidewall so you can't just dump the clutch like you were doing. 12.8 @ 111 is good for a full weight GT on a DR. There is definitely more in it too. Slicks and skinnies plus a little weight removal and you are 12.1-12.2 easily bro. You have to fix that tach too, thats why you kept short shifting it. Thats why my MPH was higher than yours. I didnt even pay attention to the tach I just listened to the motor. Good job though T, you will get faster. Holla at me if you wanna check out those 4 lug drag wheels I have.

Dustin you finally hit that 12 bro!! Zack and I both told you that you would hit that goal tonight. We wanted you to hit that 12 first but once Zack showed you what it could do that was motivation for you! By the end of the night you were getting a hang of things and really driving that Fox! It felt good to finally have traction huh! [Big Grin] . Now that you hit 12's you are gonna want to go faster, and you will with more practice.

Thanks Bro, you guys helped me out a bunch last night. Im glad you convinced me to go, now I just need more PRACTICE....

quote:
]i ran a best of 12.6 at 112 i will be spraying a 150 shot next time [burnout] [burnout]

Good time... What is the combo?

quote:
Originally posted by BLK 90 GT 5.0:
All u guys did realy good last nite at the track I think I did pretty good lastnite in the coup 14.5 all stock on streets wish I had sum dr's for the gt I would have ran that

Thanks Bubba, not bad for all stock...

quote:

Thanks Damani. You should bring the fox out soon...

quote:
Originally posted by threethirty1:
high 12's and low 13's on SLICKS????
I would be far from content.

[Confused]

Good mph though.

C'mon bro, you serious? Everyones gotta start somewhere right. So you expect me to be hooking 1.5 60ft's my 1st time ever running a car down the track on slicks, & only my 2nd time ever racing at the track at that? May I ask, what did you run the 1st time you ever ran a car on slicks?

quote:
[QUOTE]Haha sucks. Well shit my 13.4 on some 245 street tires and no tach is ok right? Im getting a tach and some tires this weekend possibly. Ill be out there next week though hopefully in the 12's!

Not bad Mike... Your car is always looking clean too...

quote:
Originally posted by SPTVENM:
congrats guys!

damn i was very disappointed with my car last night
best run of the night was 13.63@105.63 with a 2.18 60ft

just got it back from AED with a new manifold, tune up, and dyno tune. made decent power 309/318 but i dont know why my ET and MPH are so low [Confused]

maybe driver mod/tires [Confused]

Thanks Willie... Your car looked sick as usual. 13.6 is not bad, good job. You just need something better than those Nitto's. With some slicks, & the power you are making, your car should run a low 13, high12 IMO..

quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
the track has been SO LAME latley, ive gotten to the point to where i dont even care about finishing my car...but last night was great! it has me excited for the spring/summer...

sac needs to make a come back as far as stangs go!

congrats yall!

Thanks Bob... Hurry up & get that shit done...

quote:

Nice run... It sounds like your car, my car, & Kanye's are pretty close....

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No foo. I told you my car was faster than yours. Hahah. Lil 306 gettn ya all worried. When I learn to drive this thing its a wrap
Even with my lousy driving skills my car still pulled a faster time than yours in its one and only time at the track.. thats with ME driving. If i get someone who knows what they are doing i will have an 11 sec car.... i think i will go and practice possibly this weekend....

--------------------

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[Confused]

Good mph though.

C'mon bro, you serious? Everyones gotta start somewhere right. So you expect me to be hooking 1.5 60ft's my 1st time ever running a car down the track on slicks, & only my 2nd time ever racing at the track at that? May I ask, what did you run the 1st time you ever ran a car on slicks?

[/QB][/QUOTE]
Sorry no flame intended.

Ive never been on slicks and have only been to the track 2 times with a total of 2 runs on smoked 245's. Cats and shorties. 13.0 at 112 with a 2.3 ft.. lol Blowing the tires off.

So i have no room to talk.

Ill get some stickies and come out this summer and you guys can make fun of me. [Wink]

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

[Confused]

Good mph though.

Sorry no flame intended.

Ive never been on slicks and have only been to the track 2 times with a total of 2 runs on smoked 245's. Cats and shorties. 13.0 at 112 with a 2.3 ft.. lol Blowing the tires off.

So i have no room to talk.

Ill get some stickies and come out this summer and you guys can make fun of me. [Wink] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Its all good bro. Thats a pretty damn good time for 245 tires. Yeah bring the car out...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Mike D Thats always how it happens bro. i would get my best times of the night when everyone at the track was basically gone

Jae Jae Iono man i heard about you breaking off rocker arms and what not [Big Grin]

LTHL 03 Yeah i remember you bro. should have came out tonight. there were only 2 or 3 terminators out there tonight

lol reggies lyin ass...not my fault he adjusted them wrong...haha

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Mike D Thats always how it happens bro. i would get my best times of the night when everyone at the track was basically gone

Jae Jae Iono man i heard about you breaking off rocker arms and what not [Big Grin]

LTHL 03 Yeah i remember you bro. should have came out tonight. there were only 2 or 3 terminators out there tonight

lmao i could understand if i "broke them off" but roller rockers sliding off the stud?..lol i took his valve covers off and it was just layin there undamaged..even the threads were fine

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
[/qb]

Nice run... It sounds like your car, my car, & Kanye's are pretty close.... [/QB][/QUOTE]

for sure.. I like having competition that's that close. all depends on the driver at that point..

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah the next time i plan on going i will try to let everybody know in advance and set something up. probably try and make it a saturday test and tune with better track prep. hopefully we will all be on slicks and we can see what they all do

[ February 20, 2010, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Well, sinnce today looked like rain here in fairfield, I guess i will try to make it out next weekend for test and tune provided it does not rain. Hopefully I will run some decent times [Cool]

--------------------

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like everyone had some fun. cant wait to get my pos out there and have some fun with ya guys [burnout]

[ February 20, 2010, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

quote:
Yeah the next time i plan on going i will try to let everybody know in advance and set something up. probably try and make it a saturday test and tune with better track prep. hopefully we will all be on slicks and we can see what they all do

I'm going to get my Mickey's tomorrow man. Installed my shift light yesterday.. Just need to send my rearend to this old guy Don, and send the tranny to 68stanger.. 12.7, here I come baby!

How bout we not go on sat.. its 50 bucks, +20 for gas.. WTF Obama don't pay me THAT well. [Wink]

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Much Better track prep and more time to run on saturdays. Running at sac raceway on a Wednesday and a Saturday are way different tracks. You won't be disappointed. It won't be till after I get tuned though so mid march.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com