Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » TnT this Sat. 31 @ Sac (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: TnT this Sat. 31 @ Sac
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone going?
gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang03  Ford pictures for gtstang03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be there in my slow pig. [Smile]
But you probably already knew this.

[ October 28, 2009, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: gtstang03 ]

--------------------
03 gt black
out with the NOVI, in with t-76 :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk8T3y9bkGU

Posts: 132 | From: redding, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
me and my son will probably be out there screwing around with my new nikon d5000. the wife and daughter will be at disney on ice so me and the boy need something to do

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Count me in!!!
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey notch1320 I was parked behind you in the pits at the last grudge, that notch is awsome man. Stock intake iron head car that sounds and runs like that. Wow keep up the good work nice car bro
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks man!

Those heads are stock unported, stock valve size E-7's!!!!

What a challenge this class is. Hopefully we can get the tune dialed in soon, and end up in the 11.80 range with the current combo before we tear back into the motor for some changes.

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holly crap no way. Ur the man for that it doesn't sound like they r too strict on cam profile cuz she has nasty lope, the other q I had is do u run open throttle body like when it was in the pit or were u just workin on it
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

We are limited to stock lift (.441), with LOTS of duration.... oh, and stock non roller rockers too.

I have ran the car with and without the air box, and saw no difference. I am still experimenting though.

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Car is definately solid. How do you get into sanctioned racing like that
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Build a car, and show up to a divisional race.

Rules are in the NHRA rule book.

That 93 Cobra would be a 10.70 car in Stock Eliminator...it is a very challenging & competative class to run.

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

What class would I be looking at because I would like to switch to carb and auto. Is it expensive to run sanctioned? I'm not a real competitive person just want to have fun. Really wouldn't mind being the slowest car out there just want the experience
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Stock Eliminator would require you to stay fuel injected.

Look into PSCA Mustang Madness. I will be running a couple of these next year.
http://www.pscaracing.com/Rules/rules_09_mustang.html

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Look into PSCA Mustang Madness. I will be running a couple of these next year.
http://www.pscaracing.com/Rules/rules_09_mustang.html

Yes! Your finally coming to the "Darkside" LOL! I know its a long drive to So. Cal people but it would be nice if people up here would support the associations, PSCA and WCHRA. WCHRA has many good classes that just about any car and budget will fit into.
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was thinking about running in the mustang madness class in nov. but im not sure. i dont want to look like ass at an event like that sense my first and only time running at the track was back in 06 with my trans am.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

quote:
i was thinking about running in the mustang madness class in nov. but im not sure. i dont want to look like ass at an event like that sense my first and only time running at the track was back in 06 with my trans am.
Everyone has to start somewhere! Trust me its not hard but there are some tricks you will need to know. If your interested in running Ford Racing's Mustang Maddness class let me know I am more then willing to help you out and if I can make the trip I will go down with you. Everyone that runs the class is a great person and will help you with anything or questions you may have.
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok thanks. ill let you know.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might go, with a car...

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

sounds good hope to see everyone out there! Come by and say hi. I will be wearing my PSCA Mustang Maddness T-shirt.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going, not going to race my GT though, can't afford to have it break right now since all my other cars are broken and its the only one running right. So if you wanna say whats up i'll be wearing my Fire hat.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Perfect weather out there today. I ran my quickest time, but also managed to break a rocker arm, and possibly mess up high gear... but had fun anyways!

[ November 01, 2009, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i saw you out there dont feel bad i was the black cobra that snapped my halfshaft at the line.those mickes hooked a lil too good .lol all bad but hey ran a 12.5 tho lol
gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang03  Ford pictures for gtstang03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by alexdel209:
yeah i saw you out there dont feel bad i was the black cobra that snapped my halfshaft at the line.those mickes hooked a lil too good .lol all bad but hey ran a 12.5 tho lol

Yeah saw you loose that halfshaft, that sucks man.

Seems everybody was running great times and/or there best times.

Posts: 132 | From: redding, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Yes it was a beautiful day for racing yesterday!! Congrats to everyone who posted faster times yesterday. [Wink]
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah was my first time out on drags took some getting used to but i started gettin it then i blew my halfshaft but good thing is that its still under waranty for 22 more days lol .but after its fixed i will probably trade it out for a solid axle.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Next time i will bring my GT

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com