Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac. Raceway Oct.17th (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Sac. Raceway Oct.17th
jawsgear
¯
Member # 8080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jawsgear  Ford pictures for jawsgear  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's funny people keep saying track prep, look at all the cars on street tires that were out there. I dont care what track your at, you run all those street tired cars down the track, dont expect a good prepped track very long, street tires tear the hell out of the track. Just my .02.

--------------------
Jaw's Gear & Axle
916-922-5297
Parts & Service
Gears, Posi's, Lockers, Spools, & Axles
Custom Housings & Axle Shafts

Posts: 91 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jawsgear:
It's funny people keep saying track prep, look at all the cars on street tires that were out there. I dont care what track your at, you run all those street tired cars down the track, dont expect a good prepped track very long, street tires tear the hell out of the track. Just my .02.

yea, thats why the cars capable of running 8's and faster were jus blowing the tires off out the hole..too many cars with street tires before them

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jawsgear did you run your time during the TNT or the Grudge? And when have you raced in Vegas and Bako I have never seen your car before coming back up here.

quote:
Ok here is why I ask because if you have ran a race at Fontana, Vegas, or Bako where I race you would know the difference between a good track and a bad track. Same goes for you 1nastycobra if you have only raced at Sac then you really wouldn't know any better.

Example: Straight from our PSCA rule book!

Street Challenge is a heads-up class designed for street driven muscle cars and late model factory hotrods with affordability in mind. With only minor modifications, a single power adder and a set of "TRUE" street radial tires and you got one of the toughest classes to tame.
List of legal heads will be updated as new heads are approved.
Small Block: Edelbrock Victor Jr - Edelbrock Performer - Dart Pro1 - Dart Iron Eagle - Brodix 10STD - Brodix 11STD - Trick Flow 23 degree for Chevy - Trick Flow Track Heat - Trick Flow Twisted Wedge - Trick Flow TFS-51400010 - World Products S/R Torquers - AFR's 165, 185, 205, 210, 220 & 227 series - GM's 12464298 & 10125377

Big Block: Edelbrock Performer & Performer RPM Series - GM Bowtie (12363390, 12363392, 12363399, 12363400, 12363480 & 12363410) Brodix (BB-1, STS BB-1, RR BB-0, RR BB-r & RR BB-2plus) - Dart (BBC Iron Eagle & Pro-1 275)

NITROUS: Nitrous is limited to a conventional single stage 2 Spray Bar Plate System or a Single Fogger Nozzle (wet or dry). 2 Spray Bars in the plenum are legal in lieu of nitrous plate, but call for prior approval. Two solenoids for nitrous system MAX (1 Nitrous & 1 Fuel) Nitrous Solenoid is limited to a .110 orifice. No Purge Systems Allowed. Plate has to be commercially available using spray bars only (With Max Nitrous Jet Size .085) Cross Bar Plates are not permitted. System can only use one 10lb bottle, with a dash 4 line from bottle to nitrous solenoid. Bottle must be mounted in trunk. No progressive type controllers allowed.

SUPERCHARGER: Single centrifugal or small roots superchargers are permitted. No cog belt systems, 8 rib normal size serpentine belt max. 7.25" MAX Lower Pulley.
Current list of superchargers that fit Street Challenge specs:

- ATI P600 & P1SC series

- Paxton SN, Novi 1000

- Vortech A, B, S, SQ-trim

- Factory ported Late Model Cobra

- 4-71 & 6-71 Roots

TURBO: 62mm MAX single only. No manual or electronic boost controllers..

INTER & AFTERCOOLERS: Air to Air Intercoolers permitted only (See weight add below in "Weight Guide" Any Aftercooler allowed (See weight add below in "Weight Guide"

TIRES: Front tires must be DOT Approved and have a minimum tread width of 4.5 inches. Rear tires must be a true "off the shelf" radial tire with a minimum tread rating of "180". Tire size is based off a P255/60 R15. 16-18in "off the shelf" radials permitted but cannot exceed the following dimensions: 10.25" section width, 8.2" tread width, 27.0" overall diameter. The tread of these tires must not protrude outside the body line at the top of the tire. If your car came from the factory with a tread rating lower than 180, bring factory info on the tires with proof tires came with vehicle.
NO DRAG RADIALS, ROAD RACE, RE-CAPS, SNOW TIRES PERMITTED, ALSO, no adding in any manner of chemicals (Track-Bite, etc...) or "Soaking" to soften the tire rubber is allowed and will result in an immediate disqualification...

WEIGHT GUIDE:

(All weights are race-ready, car with driver)

Small Block / No Power Adder:
370ci & less / 3100lbs
371ci - 412ci (Max) / 3400lbs

Small Block / With Power Adder / 370ci Max:
Nitrous Oxide / 3400lbs
Turbo or Supercharger / 3500lbs

Big Block / No Power Adder:
Up To 509ci (Max) / 3600lbs

ADD WEIGHT:

Add 100lbs for the use of a intercooler. Air to Air only.
Add 100lbs for the use of a aftercooler.

TIMES=
Symbolic Auto Body Street Challenge
1. Anthony Smith 10.556/126.53
2. Mark Washington 10.683/129.92
3. Rick Hatch 10.945/126.30

Anyone up here think they can run this class and beat these guys? Cause I flat gave up and my car was the poster child for this class cause they though the tire would keep this class in the 11's! BTW the car has to be Licensed and Insured to race the class.

Also guys I'm not starting anything just proving my point. And that's why I asked if jawsgear made his run during the day where they prep the track or at night where there was no track. Even LACR the crappy track it was kept the starting line fresh even on grudge nights.

jawsgear
¯
Member # 8080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jawsgear  Ford pictures for jawsgear  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL, we raced the last 3 WCHRA events, hell we sponsored the finals and had a live interview on Fox Speed. The week after WCHRA finals we hosted the Sin City Showdown in Las Vegas and paid to have the track prepped. I am well aware of track prep and how important it is. I know Sac is usually slicker than most other "well prepped" tracks, I am just saying it seemed to work pretty good for us at grudge as we had our best ET and best MPH on our last pass.

With our Independent Rear Suspension and small tire combo traction is always a problem for my car, but it hooked good for us on the last pass in the left lane. 2nd pass we spun all the way through 1st on the right lane which is pretty typical for my car.

Speaking of PSCA which we would not normally run, we will have the car in Vegas again next month for SCSN seeking that 8 second pass. [Wink]

[ October 20, 2009, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Jawsgear ]

--------------------
Jaw's Gear & Axle
916-922-5297
Parts & Service

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
seem to be working for lee ever pass he made he drop a tenth an got a 10.0 flat out of his car
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
LOL, we raced the last 3 WCHRA events, hell we sponsored the finals and had a live interview on Fox Speed. The week after WCHRA finals we hosted the Sin City Showdown in Las Vegas and paid to have the track prepped. I am well aware of track prep and how important it is. I know Sac is usually slicker than most other "well prepped" tracks, I am just saying it seemed to work pretty good for us at grudge as we had our best ET and best MPH on our last pass.

With our Independent Rear Suspension and small tire combo traction is always a problem for my car, but it hooked good for us on the last pass in the left lane. 2nd pass we spun all the way through 1st on the right lane which is pretty typical for my car.

Speaking of PSCA which we would not normally run, we will have the car in Vegas again next month for SCSN seeking that 8 second pass. [Wink]

Yeah SCE was the main sponsor on the Finals but I did see you are supporting the WCHRA which is really nice to see. I do have to say congrats to you on you 9.1 and I would suppose you would have a higher mph due to the gears your running but I still don't think that high. LOL! I see your running Limited 10.5 so you better be a lot quicker since my buddy Tony went 8.66 and Mike posted a 8.55 in that class and Tony goes high 8's and very low 9's in PSCA limited street so your high 9's low 10's you were posting out there are not a match for those boys. But it looks like you got something figured out now so your are a threat to the class. Are you planning on running that class next year? Also what class were you going to run in the SCSN? Cause they are modifying Limited Street to a slick class and the rules have changed so dramatically that you should see some low 8 passes out there. Either way I will stop by and say hi I will be out there cheering on some of my friends and seeing if Doug, Clint and Tony, John and the rest of the West Coast boys can hold off the East Coast. LOL!

So why does everyone hate the PSCA up here??? Everyone caters to the WCHRA and I know Rigby pretty well and he is kinda a flake but I'm really happy that he started another association for us all to race in and I'm glad some of the guys up here are taking advantage of it.

jawsgear
¯
Member # 8080

quote:
Yeah SCE was the main sponsor on the Finals but I did see you are supporting the WCHRA which is really nice to see. I do have to say congrats to you on you 9.1 and I would suppose you would have a higher mph due to the gears your running but I still don't think that high. LOL! I see your running Limited 10.5 so you better be a lot quicker since my buddy Tony went 8.66 and Mike posted a 8.55 in that class and Tony goes high 8's and very low 9's in PSCA limited street so your high 9's low 10's you were posting out there are not a match for those boys. But it looks like you got something figured out now so your are a threat to the class. Are you planning on running that class next year? Also what class were you going to run in the SCSN? Cause they are modifying Limited Street to a slick class and the rules have changed so dramatically that you should see some low 8 passes out there. Either way I will stop by and say hi I will be out there cheering on some of my friends and seeing if Doug, Clint and Tony, John and the rest of the West Coast boys can hold off the East Coast. LOL!

So why does everyone hate the PSCA up here??? Everyone caters to the WCHRA and I know Rigby pretty well and he is kinda a flake but I'm really happy that he started another association for us all to race in and I'm glad some of the guys up here are taking advantage of it.

We are running the limited street with your boys, as we probably wont see low 8's this year, we hope to tap that 8 second range in Vegas. We will be using the last race to get the car ready for next year WCHRA. I met Tim this year and he seems like a honest, hard working individual that genuinely cares about the sport and participants. We will be working with them more next year in the way of sponsorship and look forward to a fun year of racing. I have nothing against PSCA with the exception they tried to cock block our event we did in Vegas this year and making it very difficult. Oh well, it is done and over with. See you at the track.

Jeff

--------------------
Jaw's Gear & Axle
916-922-5297
Parts & Service

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

quote:
We are running the limited street with your boys, as we probably wont see low 8's this year, we hope to tap that 8 second range in Vegas. We will be using the last race to get the car ready for next year WCHRA. I met Tim this year and he seems like a honest, hard working individual that genuinely cares about the sport and participants. We will be working with them more next year in the way of sponsorship and look forward to a fun year of racing. I have nothing against PSCA with the exception they tried to cock block our event we did in Vegas this year and making it very difficult. Oh well, it is done and over with. See you at the track.
Cool I will see you there! Good luck on your 8 second time slip! Do me one favor, take out Gary Brandt if you can. LOL! He cheats bad and screams the most when someone beats him so its a chore but it can be done.

Yeah Tim is a racer and loves racing. I know him from a while back and his family and they are flaky but love the sport. I do support Tim in what he is trying hard to do because he is giving us an association to run our cars in. He is also giving us a choice now which we didn't have before.

As far as the PSCA and Mel goes he just thinks he runs the area's down there and thinks everyone is trying to take away his mighty dollar. He will also erase anything mentioned about the WCHRA on his boards, very immature. There is a long story behind Mel and he is a ghost with a legend around Lancaster/Palmdale and the rest of So. Cal. But again I don't know why he is so worried about another organization coming in he has everyone racing both and more cars joining every weekend. Hell he paid cash for his 1 million plus house in the hills of Palmdale.

Justin

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com