Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » first in the sevens in a mustang (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: first in the sevens in a mustang
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
kevinl, greg, jp, or ? whats your guess
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I vote Kevin [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Arvin

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish we could all show up in one place at the same time under the same conditions....but, I honestly think that Team Solo has an advantage over me ( much bigger motor) and with time and tuning will go much faster than I. As far as first in the 7's, who ever goes to the track next. I'll be busy the next 3 or 4 weeks so that won't be me. Arvin's car (from what little I know) needs a suspension capable of 7's which I don't think he has yet.
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What motor is arvin pushing???

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KevinL:
I wish we could all show up in one place at the same time under the same conditions....but, I honestly think that Team Solo has an advantage over me ( much bigger motor) and with time and tuning will go much faster than I. As far as first in the 7's, who ever goes to the track next. I'll be busy the next 3 or 4 weeks so that won't be me. Arvin's car (from what little I know) needs a suspension capable of 7's which I don't think he has yet.

Kevin – I think you underestimate yourself and your combo. Boosted motors don’t need a lot of cubic inch…you’re making a boat load of power seeing that you are going 176mph and are 3,000#. I also think that your move from stock suspension to the back half with the 31x10.5W will allow you to consistently launch under a lot of power and you have the potential to pull a low 1.2 or even a high 1.teen sixty foot. If I had to guess, you’ll be in the 7.7-7.8 range in no time.

As for me, my focus is not in the 1/4 mile right now as we are racing in an association that is just the 1/8 mile. I just went to a private track rental yesterday at Bakersfield and we only tested the first 330 feet.

Now…go out there and get that damn 7!!! If you don’t, I’m gonna go run an 8.000000 just so you HAVE TO run a 7 LOL!

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Arvin may not have the suspension to get into the 7s but the car has come a long way recently. He is spending money on it and we all know that is how you go fast.....spending money.

My real list:

KevinL
Team Solo
Arvin
JP could give a shit less now that he is a Z06 man.

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by 8stang8:
What motor is arvin pushing???

You would have to ask him.

He has recently changed his combo.

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Dont forget about Paul Frates...he's a candidate as well having ran a 5.31 in the 1/8 last WCHRA race...

--------------------

KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Paul Frates is having suspension problems right now (huge wheelstands) but once he gets that under control he will be a force. All the money in the world won't help Arvin if he doesn't get out to the track and learn how to drive his monster. Greg, my combo is pretty much maxed out. I run over 30 lbs of boost and the heads move around a bit on every pass. I don't think my combo can put out much more than it's already doing and live very long. I'm trying to work on my launches and find just the right launch RPM, shock setting etc. With the right launch a 7.8 is possible but that's about it. You on the other hand are just getting started. You'll only get faster and faster. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 7.6 from you and your combo.
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BTW there was already at least 2 mustangs in the 7's on the list before. They sold there cars and were deleated form the list.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Greg private track rental. Big baller. I'll vote Greg for first going 7's.
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

2Stang...I recall the two cars you are talking about. They were the Outlaw 10.5 cars of Norman Chang and Jason Mack. Norm’s car was a fox body coupe that with a back-half and a 33x10.5W tire. He ran a best of 7.57 @ 188MPH. Jason Mack had the 94+ body style Mustang…same thing…back half and a 33x10.5W. I know he ran in the 7.3 range, but I don’t recall his MPH. I’m guessing it was 190+ MPH. The Outlaw 10.5 cars now, at least in the PSCA and WCHRA, are going in the 6s.

--------------------

jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didn't Jason go 198mph.
MachYou
¯
Member # 7934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MachYou  Ford pictures for MachYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my vote goes to gypsy mike.... [dance]

--------------------
All Bullshit Stops When the Hands Drop

Posts: 726 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
2Stang...I recall the two cars you are talking about. They were the Outlaw 10.5 cars of Norman Chang and Jason Mack. Norm’s car was a fox body coupe that with a back-half and a 33x10.5W tire. He ran a best of 7.57 @ 188MPH. Jason Mack had the 94+ body style Mustang…same thing…back half and a 33x10.5W. I know he ran in the 7.3 range, but I don’t recall his MPH. I’m guessing it was 190+ MPH. The Outlaw 10.5 cars now, at least in the PSCA and WCHRA, are going in the 6s.

Those are them, It has been awhile. You could be the first true 10.5, or some of you guy's could be the first non turbo car to get there...both of these are awsome acomplishments.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:

That's the understatement of the decade !!!!

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nope, ugly day at the track. I hurt a head gasket and almost lost the car right after my first and only launch. Motor hit the rev limiter (8800 rpm), 30 plus lbs boost, blew the radiator cap off and sprayed water in the engine compartment which somehow found it's way under my tires. I have no idea how much pressure it takes to blow a rad cap off but it must be a lot. Hopefully we can continue my 7 second quest at a later time. I think my little engine is pissed at me [Wink]
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Nope, ugly day at the track. I hurt a head gasket and almost lost the car right after my first and only launch. Motor hit the rev limiter (8800 rpm), 30 plus lbs boost, blew the radiator cap off and sprayed water in the engine compartment which somehow found it's way under my tires. I have no idea how much pressure it takes to blow a rad cap off but it must be a lot. Hopefully we can continue my 7 second quest at a later time. I think my little engine is pissed at me [Wink]

sorry for luck in your quest kevin glad to here just a head gasket not a car.that had to be some scarry ride a least
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:

Kevin - I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck today and wish that you can either get it fixed or put the bigger motor and get back out there soon. You'll get that 7 soon enough...no doubt about it. Keep it safe.

--------------------

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Nice to hear your ok but sucks about the car pretty sure all fix that gasket in notime

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All this talk about getting into the 7's. Are there any pics of the top 3 canidates? I would love to see them.
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by 92sleeper:
All this talk about getting into the 7's. Are there any pics of the top 3 canidates? I would love to see them.

you want pics just go to the track an see run
just_another_ 91
¯
Member # 9317

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_another_ 91  Ford pictures for just_another_ 91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I vote Kevin [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P 91 Black LX: 13.45@102.62

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by just_another_ 91:
I vote Kevin [patriot]

I vote teamsolo this weekend [Eek!]

I loaned greg my big pills

46 in the 1st stage and a 40 in the 2nd [Eek!]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com