Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Las Vegas Test and Tune...new personal best

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Las Vegas Test and Tune...new personal best
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Testing in Las Vegas...

Gary, DJ, and I took Friday off with intentions of going to Sac to test. The 70% chance of rain quickly killed those plans. With the trailer already loaded and ready to go, we decided to hit up the Friday night test and tune session in Vegas….left at 2:00AM Friday…sleep is overrated!!!

We have a new progressive controller on the first stage and our first pass was to test it out. It worked...so shut it down just past the 1/8th.. The second pass was to get aggressive on the first kit. Ran it out the back and ran an 8.41 @ 163MPH. A new personal best. Now it was time to hit the second stage.

With an announcement over the loud speaker that the ‘lanes are now closed’, I had to race over to the lanes without having time to air up the tires, charge the batteries, change the nitrous bottles, or even fuel up. We had to borrow an air tank in the lanes, DJ had to run over to meet up with me to upload a new file into the MSD box as well as program the nitrous controller. We finished in the nick of time…and we were the last car to run for the night right as the clock struck 9:00PM. It paid off…we launched on the first kit..progressively bringing it in over the sixty foot, brought in the second kit just past the sixty foot....and ran it out the back for a new personal best…with help from Twin Fogger Todd!

8.21 @ 169MPH

Videos to follow [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like the trip was worth it [patriot]
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats man... Impressive Numbers! No doubt you guys will find more power with time.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's the vid:

8.21 @ 169

[ May 04, 2009, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

partsbob67
¯
Member # 8836

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for partsbob67  Ford pictures for partsbob67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats! road trips rule!

--------------------
bob

Posts: 81 | From: rohnert park | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
partsbob67
¯
Member # 8836

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for partsbob67  Ford pictures for partsbob67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that's probably a 7.80 run at sea level. very nice job.

--------------------
bob

Posts: 81 | From: rohnert park | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just read this..WOW!! Congrats!! Nice to see a clean full pass out of it. Are you still running the small block? you mentioned putting a big block in at some point if memory serves. Either way id say a couple of [worship] [worship] are in order.
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
Just read this..WOW!! Congrats!! Nice to see a clean full pass out of it. Are you still running the small block? you mentioned putting a big block in at some point if memory serves. Either way id say a couple of [worship] [worship] are in order.

Thanks man...

I'm still running a small block...but not the original small block chevy motor I put in it. I got rid of the 408" after last year's SCSN race. That motor was setup with a single plate nitrous system. I now have a 436" small block in the car that has two direct port (fogger) nitrous systems on it.

[ May 17, 2009, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com