Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » WCHRA Spring Nationals April 4th and 5th

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WCHRA Spring Nationals April 4th and 5th
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WCHRA's Spring Nationals is coming to AAA Auto Club Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield April 4th and 5th.

For more information about the association, go to www.westcoasthotrod.com.

We'll be running in the True 10.5 class this season. The first race of the season was last weekend @ Speedword in Arizon and the next four races will be in Bakersfield. I hope you can make it out there.

Come on by and say hi....we'll be in the black 1988 Mustang with the 'Team SOLO Racing' window banner on the windshield.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck this year Greg. Once you get that thing sorted, you guys are going to be deadly.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i will be going an maybe run open comp
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Good luck this year Greg. Once you get that thing sorted, you guys are going to be deadly.

Thanks man...

We ran the first race last weekend in Speedworld/Arizona. It was the first time out with the new motor/trans/rearend. The weight of the car increased nearly 150# because of the dry sump setup, the second nitrous bottle, dashboard, and second seat (amont other cosmetic requirements to fit the class).

We ran 2 motor passes to make sure everything was good before turning on the nitrous. First nitrous pass in the car, on only one stage, ran a 5.44 in the 1/8 which is a tenth faster than my 1/8 time in Vegas when I ran the 8.60. We also got our two best sixty foots in the car...a 1.239 and a 1.241.

We definitely have a few kinks to work out...and a second stage to turn on. Can't wait!!!!

[ March 08, 2009, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

[ March 08, 2009, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your still aways off from my boys down there!! Good luck through and congrats on your times.

Next PSCA event is this coming weekend in Fontana. Come on out many classes to run including some new ones.

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by darkhorse04:
Your still aways off from my boys down there!! Good luck through and congrats on your times.

Next PSCA event is this coming weekend in Fontana. Come on out many classes to run including some new ones.

Oh I know it...the likes of Hoyle, Oskas, and Hannah that range from 4.9-5.2 will be hard to beat. Pretty sure we'll be in that range once we get her dialed in.

I might be at the PSCA race in Vegas in May...gotta see.

--------------------

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool I will look for you guys! Yeah I'm also with Sikora and Scott and Hoyle all those guys. Bill Hickok is my chassis guy if you know him.

You raced in Mustang Maddness in Vegas for the SCSN right? You guys were some pretty cool guys. Well good luck this year and I hope Rigby can find some more cars to race in his organization cause last year was pretty weak.

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by darkhorse04:
Cool I will look for you guys! Yeah I'm also with Sikora and Scott and Hoyle all those guys. Bill Hickok is my chassis guy if you know him.

You raced in Mustang Maddness in Vegas for the SCSN right? You guys were some pretty cool guys. Well good luck this year and I hope Rigby can find some more cars to race in his organization cause last year was pretty weak.

I met Sikora about 10 years ago when he ran the 87-93 orange/purple Mustang. I was considering buying that car as a roller. We pitted next to him last weekend. Man...that Procharger combo is just bad ass!!!!

Ya, we ran in Mustang Madness @ SCSN. I'm not much for bracket racing, but we really wanted to run the car on the best track possible as we were retiring that motor combo.

Come on by anytime...be good to put a face to the screen name [Smile] What class are you legal for in WCHRA & PSCA?

--------------------

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Last year I ran Mustang Maddnes and this year I'm going to run Street Challenge. I have a car Bill just got done with that will be a Hot Street Car and another car that will just be an index class cause I cut it up and ladder barred it before realizing just how crazy fast these guys are getting.

Yeah I watch a video of Doug's car in Phoenix and man that car looks so good going down the track. I know last year he was mad cause he couldn't take Rich but this year I think it's going to be a different story. I know in testing he has already went into the 6's. That car is badass.

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Good luck guys!!!

Team Solo I sure hope you have that 2nd stage of nitrous ready to go or those guys are going to hand you your ass! Everyone looked really good at the PSCA event a couple weeks ago. Sikora ran a 6.91 in the quarter again and Zehring with the nova went 6.84. The track wouldn't hold heat cause of the overcast days and how cold it was that weekend so if the track will grip these cars have the potential to go faster. Also the guys that ran XDR that run with you were putting down some low 7's as well. I also hope you guys get a good turn out. With last years turn out of only a few cars per class is was a really weak show. Tim needs to do more to help promote his organization...

Again good luck to everyone and I will try to make it out on Saturday or Sunday if I can.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com