Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Street Car Super Nationals in Las Vegas

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Street Car Super Nationals in Las Vegas
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For those that were at LVMS this past weekend in Vegas, you were in for a treat. For those that missed it…you really missed out. Racing legend Bob Glidden and his son Billy ran Outlaw Street…qualifying 2nd (Billy) and 4th (Bob) with a 6.63 and a 6.76. Billy stole the show against San Jose’s Rich Zehring. Mike Moran had the top ET and MPH in Pro Street with a 6.13 at north of 240 mph. It was one insane race!

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you didnt do too bad yourself!! good times for sure!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you happen to see the fast lightning? Im wondering what he turned.

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
you didnt do too bad yourself!! good times for sure!

Thanks man...we were fighting gremlins all weekend. The transmission blew up Thursday night. Had to pull it out during TNT and have it rebuilt...back in the car by 1:00AM so we could make the first round of qualifying 8 hours later. The trans took a shit later in the weekend...couldn't use the transbrake and had to leave at idle during eliminations (just stabbing the gas). Then, the fuel pressure regulator for the jug decided to take a crap. Luckily, we had a 'parts regulator' in the truck to fix it just in time for the first round of elims.

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by Black88GT:

Was this in Outlaw or Pro by chance? I heard the announcer say something about 'the fastest lightning on the planet'. What was his name?

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black88GT:

Are you talking about Garys L ? He went popping to a 7.40ish pass i saw.

TeamSOLO: yeah i heard about the issues man!! kevin/joe were fillin us in when we got there! good stuff to get it goin though!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea, thats him. That truck is so nice. [patriot]

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

jayl
¯
Member # 185

super clean truck!! thats your neighbor! haha. him and steves blue one are amazing. i see them a lot at Dannys shop in CV.

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygmore  Ford pictures for happygmore    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

same setup as mihovitz cougar

Posts: 421 | From: west san jose | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

good pics! truck is a beauty for sure! that tall gentleman there ripped my turbo out of my hands for "inspection" at dannys shop when i got it!! haha cool guys for sure.

(what happened to you in vegas man? saturday night?)

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Gary seems cool to me, Ive chatted with him a few times. He keeps it short and brief. Hell I have a 12 second car we are in 2 different leagues. He is actually my moms neighbor. [patriot] But see Im a garbage man also, so I used to pick up John91coupe back in the days when he was in alameda to. Another beautiful car.
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Here's a couple videos for you guys:

Compilation of some bad ass cars:
http://ywnv.vidiac.com/video/c9fef4aa-8935-4d2f-a256-9b6101734ed6.htm

2 of my passes...spinning to a 9.0 and my best pass in the car (8.60)...leaving at idle as we couldn't use the transbrake: http://www.vimeo.com/2340592

[ November 29, 2008, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Thanks [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:

2 of my passes...spinning to a 9.0 and my best pass in the car (8.60)...leaving at idle as we couldn't use the transbrake: http://www.vimeo.com/2340592

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot] the second pass u ran bad ass bro... congrats man.

the 1st video... sick, cars lifting the tires 3 times all the way down the track. Must have been good times [Smile]

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Thanks for the vids. Looks like you guys had a blast! [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

We definitely had a blast. What better way to retire the motor than with the best pass ever in the car [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com