Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » decibel limit at the track?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: decibel limit at the track?
19mystic96
¯
Member # 7553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19mystic96  Ford pictures for 19mystic96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im planning on going to the track (Infineon) to drag race my car. I know they have a decibel limit, so i want to know how strict they are. My car is mostly stock except for Exhaust. I have a real low-restriction exhaust system and it is real loud. I was wondering if i will get kicked out for being too loud.. i dont want to waste the gas and addmission to get one run.. so how strict are they?

thanks.

--------------------
1996 Mystic cobra #32

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, you will be fine.They will only kick you out if your over 115 decibels,you wont be close to that.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have mufflers, you can run. No mufflers = no running, period.

[Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

19mystic96
¯
Member # 7553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19mystic96  Ford pictures for 19mystic96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok.. Cool.. I have ford racing m55 mufflers if that helps..

And also, if you have a cut out, before your mufflers can you open it while at the track?

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to the track w/ a Friend that has a RX-7 w/ a cammed ls-3 and a cut out . With the cut out open he was around 100 decibels, so trust me you will be OK.

[ August 24, 2008, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Tinner ]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to run through the mufflers, all that matters.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

19mystic96
¯
Member # 7553

ok cool.. The cutout question for my buddies.. They have cutout on their f-bodies.. I guess the only thing I have to worry about is geting a good launch and hitting my shifts..

--------------------
1996 Mystic cobra #32

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 19mystic96:
ok cool.. The cutout question for my buddies.. They have cutout on their f-bodies.. I guess the only thing I have to worry about is geting a good launch and hitting my shifts..

If You are going to be in the 13's then bring a helmet with a valid snell rating "2000 or newer I believe?" or they will cut Your day short, and I believe they require a fire jacket if Your in the 12's "that's what I heard last time but I have a jacket so I don't run into this issue". Other thing's they ave got Me on is overfill tank "not up to their standard", running drag radial's and not having the stud come through the lug, and having Your batter tied down "stock from factory is good enough", but I am sure You probably already know this stuff [patriot] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com